Jump to content
World's Largest Herpes Support Group


  • Donate

    If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

  • The Hive is Thriving!

    • Total Topics
      71,127
    • Total Posts
      481,013
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

    Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

  • Posts

    • Herpesser
      Thanks God I found someone’s throat and tongue like me! I have the exact tongue( with the exact color change on the tongue) and the exact throat with white dots on it!!! I am very scared of it and sometimes I feel like I will be sick bc of my throat it makes me feel like hard to drink water, eat, talk HOWEVER the feeling goes away within 4-5 five days. Please someone help if knows anything abut this tongue and throat type!!!! I believe that throat lesions gives this color to our tongue :(
    • ddylan26
      Has anyone tried taking 2LHERP? Produced in Belgium  currently in clinical trial phase 4  medication is meant to improve immunity against HSV1 and HSV2
    • alphaCero
      Well, that's unusual, but not impossible. I've had HSV1 since childhood, and my IgG results will vary based on whether I'm taking anti-virals, but always have come out positive. I've known someone though who definitely had a cold sore, but never tested positive, so it's rare, but happens. It's possible he just carries a low count and transmitted to you via saliva but without direct oral sex, or that he doesn't have it and you had been a carrier for a long time and randomly had an outbreak right after having sex (unlikely), or some other random scenario. There's a reason why such a large part of the population is HSV1 positive - there are a lot of ways to get it, it's often asymptomatic, and most adults already have it. It's frustrating that we just don't have the resources to look deeply into these questions today. It seems like he's been pretty open to getting tested and hopefully educating himself along the way - that's at least something.
    • alphaCero
      It is so easy to stress over all kinds of symptoms, but generally speaking I'd say to trust your GP. They have the training, and they were there, so it's reasonable to believe them regarding your oral symptoms. I'd follow their advice and try to take care of yourself to be comforted and heal. In terms of your concerns about having Ghsv, a type-specific test for you and your partner can at lest tell whether either of you have a type I or II infection *somewhere*. The symptoms for hsv can be pretty variable and sometimes so mild that you wouldn't even notice, which holds true for men and women. If you don't have it, you can be thankful! If you do, you can be thankful the symptoms are so mild the possibility never even occurred to you until now! Remember that even if you have a positive test result of some kind, it's not conclusive where/when/by whom you might have been exposed. Just use the information you get to make informed decisions going forward. You're not alone no matter what the outcome, and every outcome is manageable. Be well
    • WarriorKing
      normally for most people hsv is lips and genitals, not tongue. fear can make you afraid of every little thing that you did or did not ever notice before and now you have an excess of fear. tongue irritation can occur for many reasons, none of which i am qualified to discuss. i suggest not shaving genital areas, trim hairs, don't upset the skin.  
Sign in to follow this  
kjs2019

Anyone with multiple sites of infection?

Recommended Posts

kjs2019

Hi, hive mind,

I was diagnosed with genital herpes Oct. 2019 (HSV 1) and have been on antivirals since. This week, I’ve had a minor weird sore on my lip line (no prodromal symptoms) and I’m wondering if I contracted oral herpes at the same time. This would be helpful to ascertain, as my husband is HSV negative and we’re trying to keep it that way. Does anyone have any thoughts about this?

I am wondering the following specifically. (1) If you have multiple sites of infection, how does an outbreak work? Do you get an outbreak everywhere you’ve been infected? Or just one site? (2) I’ve only experienced the initial outbreak (to my knowledge), so what can a “regular” outbreak look like when you’re on antivirals?

Many thanks,

kjs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hatecoldsor

I can only speak of my cold sores experience. An outbreak usually only occurs on one site, but at times I get a secondary outbreak at a different site just as the first one is almost done healing, but the second is mild and resolves in about 3-5 days.

I only use antivirals on an active outbreak, so I don't know about outbreaks while on suppressive therapy. This virus has shattered my life already, now I don't care how disgusting I look with a giant oozing inflamed red patch on my lips anymore.

And also from my experience, when in doubt, it is always a cold sore, it's always like that for me. Doubt is just my hope cuz I was like" wait it can't be, I just had one recently, my life can't be any worse", well guess what, yes it can definitely be worse with another outbreak.

So treat it like a cold sore to protect your loved ones, until you can be sure it ain't. If you are new at this guessing game, might be a while before you will be 100% accurate, like me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
islandhopper

I contracted herpes in September 2011 from my Thai gf, who had played away. Long distance relationship, long story.

 

Essentially, any part of my body that had come into contact with her infectious zone (genital), became infected (as I had no immunity). 

My first outbreak was on my lip, about 2weeks later.

Then I got weird symptoms down below-the back of thighs were burning and irritated and then red spots on my penis, then nothing for a couple of months, and then I got a classic blister on my penis.

My doctor told me it must be type 1, as I had got it on my mouth and type 2 never occurs on the mouth.

My (now) ex gf says she got tested and it’s type 2. 

I never had cold sores previously and neither did she.

These days, they occur more often genitally (or get prodromes, itching).

Occasionally, I will a red rash on my upper lip, especially if I swig beer from a bottle. 

Also get random red rashes on back of my hands (both hands) and sometimes swelling/irritation (itching) around my thumbs, that lasts perhaps 30-60minutes, 

Now these could be ‘hives’ and I’ve also had random rashes on my upper chest.

Never had any of these issues before acquiring this virus.

Once I had what very much appeared to be an outbreak on my left arm !

My main triggers are stress, tiredness, chocolate and some other foods

My last significant (genital) outbreak was 31st December 2018, after eating pistachio nuts and jelly babies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
blurneworder
3 hours ago, islandhopper said:

Then I got weird symptoms down below-the back of thighs were burning and irritated and then red spots on my penis, then nothing for a couple of months

These days, they occur more often genitally (or get prodromes, itching).

Occasionally, I will a red rash on my upper lip, especially if I swig beer from a bottle. 

Also get random red rashes on back of my hands (both hands) and sometimes swelling/irritation (itching) around my thumbs, that lasts perhaps 30-60minutes, 

Now these could be ‘hives’ and I’ve also had random rashes on my upper chest.

Never had any of these issues before acquiring this virus.

 

These exact things happen to me! The red rash on the hands really threw me for a loop the first few times it happened. I had no explanation for it, but now it makes sense.

Edited by blurneworder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus
1 hour ago, blurneworder said:

These exact things happen to me! The red rash on the hands really threw me for a loop the first few times it happened. I had no explanation for it, but now it makes sense.

And the fantastic need is that you don’t have herpes having tested negative results n Westernblot.

Youre an amazing inspiration to have gone Through thinking you have herpes to finally reach the truth that you don’t.

True gold!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cas9
4 hours ago, islandhopper said:

I contracted herpes in September 2011 from my Thai gf, who had played away. Long distance relationship, long story.

 

Essentially, any part of my body that had come into contact with her infectious zone (genital), became infected (as I had no immunity). 

My first outbreak was on my lip, about 2weeks later.

Then I got weird symptoms down below-the back of thighs were burning and irritated and then red spots on my penis, then nothing for a couple of months, and then I got a classic blister on my penis.

My doctor told me it must be type 1, as I had got it on my mouth and type 2 never occurs on the mouth.

My (now) ex gf says she got tested and it’s type 2. 

I never had cold sores previously and neither did she.

These days, they occur more often genitally (or get prodromes, itching).

Occasionally, I will a red rash on my upper lip, especially if I swig beer from a bottle. 

Also get random red rashes on back of my hands (both hands) and sometimes swelling/irritation (itching) around my thumbs, that lasts perhaps 30-60minutes, 

Now these could be ‘hives’ and I’ve also had random rashes on my upper chest.

Never had any of these issues before acquiring this virus.

Once I had what very much appeared to be an outbreak on my left arm !

My main triggers are stress, tiredness, chocolate and some other foods

My last significant (genital) outbreak was 31st December 2018, after eating pistachio nuts and jelly babies.

So you were officially diagnosed with herpes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
blurneworder
4 minutes ago, Cas9 said:

So you were officially diagnosed with herpes?

Rheumatologist and Infectious Disease doctor confirmed it, but let's focus on this thread.

Edited by blurneworder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Muscha
2 minutes ago, blurneworder said:

Rheumatologist and Infectious Disease doctor confirmed it, but let's focus on this thread.

Feel the Blurne.  Who are you speaking about...the poster or yourself?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cas9
5 minutes ago, blurneworder said:

Rheumatologist and Infectious Disease doctor confirmed it, but let's focus on this thread.

My question was to islandhopper, not you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
blurneworder
1 minute ago, Cas9 said:

My question was to islandhopper, not you

Whoops! My bad,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus
18 minutes ago, blurneworder said:

Rheumatologist and Infectious Disease doctor confirmed it, but let's focus on this thread.

Post flagged for moderation.

You have once again hijacked the thread to self serve your own delusion, You’ve been warned multiple times by several moderators and on your last warning.

Your diagnosis was not confirmed but hypothesised on the basis of a now false positive IgG test. The WB failed to confirm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Muscha
16 minutes ago, blurneworder said:

Whoops! My bad,

Please. Go ahead for transparency sake...let him.know you tested negative on a western blot and every other test before you tell him you have hsv.

Because we all know it's coming.  Feel the Blurne!!!

Edited by Muscha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
islandhopper
17 hours ago, Cas9 said:

My question was to islandhopper, not you

I have not been officially diagnosed. My ex gf was tested (blood test in Thailand), which came back as type 2.

I have had all the classic herpes symptoms, itching, burning and blisters and triggers, such as stress, tiredness and foods like chocolate.

I previously took aciclovir, which helped, but things are much better than they were-I know my triggers and my body has got used to it.

I have no doubt that I have herpes, but I would like to know for sure which type, although my doctor didn’t see the point, I just want to know for sure, especially when it comes to dating.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cas9
1 hour ago, islandhopper said:

I have not been officially diagnosed. My ex gf was tested (blood test in Thailand), which came back as type 2.

I have had all the classic herpes symptoms, itching, burning and blisters and triggers, such as stress, tiredness and foods like chocolate.

I previously took aciclovir, which helped, but things are much better than they were-I know my triggers and my body has got used to it.

I have no doubt that I have herpes, but I would like to know for sure which type, although my doctor didn’t see the point, I just want to know for sure, especially when it comes to dating.

 

You may very well have herpes, but I find it odd you wouldn't get officially tested to be virtually certain. I mean, why walk around believing, for potentially the rest of your life, that you have herpes, when you don't.

"My doctor told me it must be type 1, as I had got it on my mouth and type 2 never occurs on the mouth. My (now) ex gf says she got tested and it’s type 2."
Actually, type 2 can occur on the mouth, but it's rare. Therefore, if you do in fact have hsv on the mouth, it is likely hsv1.
If that's the case, and if your gf has hsv2, then you didn't get your hsv1 from her. Of course that assumes your gf doesn't also have hsv1.

"Occasionally, I will a red rash on my upper lip, especially if I swig beer from a bottle."
That doesn't sound like hsv, but I can't rule it out.

 

"Also get random red rashes on back of my hands (both hands) and sometimes swelling/irritation (itching) around my thumbs, that lasts perhaps 30-60minutes"
That doesn't sound like herpes at all. Not that you can't get herpes on your hands, but getting it on the back of your hands would be quite unusual since the skin is thicker there AND that would not be a place where you came in direct contact with your gf's vagina, which is what you would have to have done to have any chance of infecting that area. Further, herpes doesn't last just 30-60 minutes. NEVER!

Stop GUESSING and GET TESTED!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
islandhopper

I do plan to get tested very soon, and I will update here with the results, though sexual health centres in the UK are well known for long waiting lists.

At the time, my (ex) girlfriend got tested and her diagnosis was enough for me, plus I had the classic symptoms. 

I have no doubt that I have herpes, the question playing on my mind is which type.

I’m not saying that the rashes I get are herpes, I believe they are hives. I’m just describing my symptoms as they occurred, but essentially, I never had any of these symptoms before contracting this virus, so I believe it’s all related.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.