World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
mngal

hi

mngal

hi I was recently diagnosed with herpes wow what a shock this is the last thing I thought would happen to me I asked my partner if he had a history of it and he totally denies it. How else could I get it if he swears he never has had it maybe he is a carrier and just wasn't aware of it. guess I am still in shock of the news and boy do I feel guilty right now like it was my fault

lilanne19

The shock is normal. It's not anything anybody wants to hear but the good news is its a phase and you will get through it. There are plenty of people who don't realize they have herpes. In some the symptoms are so mild they miss them. So it's possible he didn't know he had it and it's also possible you had it and didn't realize it. Herpes is not on the std panel so unless you asked to be tested you probably weren't. That's another reason people don't realize they have it. It takes around 3 months to test positive via blood test so if you were diagnosed that way you've most likely had it that long. I can only suggest that he go and get tested to confirm he has it. But for you, go ahead and let all of the feelings of shock, fear and whatever else out. The quicker you do that, the faster you'll get over them and you will definitely get over that. Just remember that they're plenty of people who have gone through/going through what you are and we're all here to listen if you need us.

It's not the end of the world.

VVK

Were you diagnosed via antibodies or culture? If antibody tests are negative, it is likely a recent infection and you got it from him.