World's Largest Herpes Support Group

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

• WilsoInAus
      I am not sure that is the correct interpretation. Your antigen levels are quite high indicating that the lymphocytes did not stop the replication of the antigen. One of your dilutions is also negative. Hence overall this would appear to be a negative result. Note that IgG does not measure activity of the virus, it measures whether there are a specific antibody to the virus in your blood.
    • WilsoInAus
      Great news @Stolo868 hopefully you are now able to put this behind you.  I am not quite sure what the barb is about though, there are no doctors here, self appointed or otherwise, only people trying to help you reach rational decisions on the basis of your experience and testing. If you think you received inappropriate comments from anyone then let us know and they will be addressed. Hey @Just a human being My understanding of how the test works is that antigen cells (the virus) are placed in an growth-rich environment and allowed to replicate. If your blood has the lymphocytes then they will be detected and the growth of the antigen will be restrained. Hence for a positive, you need to see high values of lymphocytes and low values of antigen.
    • Southwestrancher
      https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s12325-019-00995-6
    • Stolo868
      Above 2 is positive. Compare to IGG it measures activity of virus. It’s recommended in Europe for seronegative people with ongoing symptoms and those with immune deficiency.  Basically mine is positive for type 1and negative for type 2 which means my t-lymphocytes had contact with hsv1 in the past. 
    • Just a human being
      I do not wish to engage with the difficult politics on this forum regarding rare difficulty in some subsets with diagnosis or debates there in, but could you please explain the LTT test your numbers and your professional opinions in regards to this test, pros and cons of this test and how and why it may be recommended in some cases. I realise the care that needs to be taken as sometimes one will encounter some with irrational fear of HSV. In no way am I suggesting your case as such. 
Sign in to follow this  
The Hammer

Dunno what this is but can't be good

The Hammer

Not sure wth this is but I'm thinking the worst!! Been with 2 woman for the past 14 yrs and this popped up after I trimmed and shaved. Never had anything like this pop up b4

20200224_183359_20200225024601708.jpg

Scooby2112

Get to a dr so they can swab.  Looks fairly text book.