World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
skydreams

Herplex? Anyone tried this?

skydreams

I was looking in the lip balm section of the super-duper-we-sell-everything store, and found a little red box called Herplex, which claims to be a homeopathic herpes treatment. I've never heard of it before, has anyone tried this stuff?

http://www.herplexfree.com/Default.asp?bhcp=1

The ingredients are strange:

Active Ingredients: Natrum Mariaticum (Sodium Choloride) 30x, Rhus Toxicodendron (Poison Ivy) 30x, Ranunculus Bulbosus (Buttercup) 12x, Malus Pumila (Crab Apple) 5x, Phytolacca Decandra (Pokeroot) 3x, Borax (Sodium Borate) 1x

Poison Ivy? Huh?

It claims to be able to treat both type 1 and 2.

I wonder if it's safe to take with my other vitamin supplements. The dosages are similar to when I was on acyclovir, 3 times a day. Except you wouldn't just have one tablet, you'd chew 3-5 each time.

CrazyLady123

I seen it and bought it and have used it for 1 day. I will let you know in a few days what I think? Did you buy it and try it?

skydreams

I've been using it since the day I originally posted, but it's hard to tell how it's affecting me with all the other vitamins I've been taking. I'm going to stop taking my supplements for a few days and just take the herplex to see what it does. I've noticed I'm feeling kind of uncomfortable and crampy, but I'm not sure if it's the herplex or something else. I can't find any information about this stuff anywhere.

skydreams

So I went off *everything* I was taking, then went back to vitamin C, E and B-Complex alone for a day or two. I added 2g of Lysine daily for two days, with little improvement. I've dropped the Lysine and started taking Herplex 3 times a day instead, and boom, a day latter it's healed.

I'm going to stay on it keep everyone informed of how it does over time. Good so far in my opinion.

skydreams

My Personal Herplex experiment is over.

It did not prevent my third outbreak or lower its intensity, and I have reason to believe it heavily contributed or is completely responsible for a UTI.

Not worth it at all.

lovelaughter

Herplex has been very effective for my husband and I

My husband and I both have genital herpes. We tried Valtrex for a while but stopped due to cost, and questioned whether or not it was actually effective. I stumbled on Herplex at Wally World and tried it during an outbreak. Within 2 days my outbreak was gone. Perhaps coincidence... But my husband and I have eached used it on several subsequent outbreaks and each time the symptoms are gone in a day or so (they would otherwise last much longer).

We haven't taken it daily as a preventative, so I can't speak to how well it works for that. It is great at stopping an active outbreak though.

I can't say if it will work for everyone, but we are huge fans at this point. The hard part is finding the stuff. Not every Wally World has it. It's for sale online at the manufacturer's site, but more than I want to pay. I occasionally see it on ebay and pick it up there.