World's Largest Herpes Support Group

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

• Voyager2
      Sure hope this pans out. 
    • Voyager2
      Don't forget there are two promising vaccines on the prophylactic front (but only pre-clinical): The Trivalent vaccine worked well on guinea pigs:  https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32347775/ The Einstein (Xvax) vaccine also has a ways to go: https://x-vax.com/ The fact HSV529 is in yet another clinical trial is good news for herpsters. 
    • Davrk8
      thank you for the info. I am uncircumcised. I applied some clotrimazole cream during the last outbreak I noticed, which seem to do the trick (around a month ago). But now, there new dots are appearing at a different location on the glans. Wasnt sure if balanitis can come back so soon or if it could be something else. 
    • Josse
      Looks like mild balanitis. If you are uncircumcised then thats normal every now and then due to accumulation of yeast and the irritation of the foreskin
    • MikeHerp
      I think the simple reason is that this is a fund raiser that was started by our community rather than by Fred Hutch.  Or rather, FHC started it in response to our request.   I still think they should somehow feature it in their pages.  But anyway, that's just how they do it. Keep in mind that FHC's main focus is curing cancer.  It's a cancer research institute.  They might feel that putting stuff on their website that isn't directly related to cancer might give people the impression, especially cancer cure donors (who are by far the main donors to FHC), that FHC is losing its focus. So we have to work within these limits.   However, I do draw strength from the fact that FHC has tried to help us with the fund raiser.  Among others: 1.  When the new research paper is released, FHC has gotten an agreement with a prominent sexual health blogger, to promote the research and the fund raiser. 2.  There is another potential promotion in the works that might get back on track if the US is able to get the coronavirus under control. So FHC has actively helped us to promote the fund raiser.
Sign in to follow this  
vzhe

Amenalief works

Graph14

Where do you purchase from ? It seems pretty expensive 

Dp Doom
Posted (edited)

Nice that you don´t have outbreaks anymore, i´m glad for you.

But you should change the thread title to "Amenalief works (for me) together with Valtrex". Otherwise its misleading. 

Btw. Aciclovir or Valtrex single use works too for most of the people. Or do you have an aciclovir resistant hsv strain?

ps: a mod should move this to https://honeycomb.click/forum/78-stopping-recurrences/ .This has nothing to do with cure research.

Edited by kill.hsv(not Kenny)

vzhe
Posted (edited)

Didn't work for me. Famciclovir didn't work either. Adding Amenalief made it work.

Edited by vzhe

LemonOne9
7 hours ago, vzhe said:

Didn't work for me. Famciclovir didn't work either. Adding Amenalief made it work.

Have you tried Amenalief on its own? If Valtrex didn’t work before then are you sure it’s necessary?

Also, any side effects?

Anyway that’s great, I’m thinking of giving it a try soon myself.

Graph14

Where are you purchasing this product? I see usual prices of about $480  For a few pills

LemonOne9
9 hours ago, Graph14 said:

Where are you purchasing this product? I see usual prices of about $480  For a few pills

As far as I know this is where it's ordered from unless someone else can provide a cheaper source: https://bio-japan.net/Amenalief-200mg-tablets

It'd be $531 USD for a month supply at 100mg daily.

MikeHerp

Has anyone purchased amenalief from bio-japan.net?

it seems to be slightly cheaper from there. But the payment is to Cyprus which seems a little questionable.  

i want to try one little experiment with smenalief. 

WilsoInAus
5 minutes ago, MikeHerp said:

Has anyone purchased amenalief from bio-japan.net?

it seems to be slightly cheaper from there. But the payment is to Cyprus which seems a little questionable.  

i want to try one little experiment with smenalief. 

Hang on @MikeHerp this is a serious thread of people with HSV-2. As you do not test positive for HSV-2 this would not be an 'experiment'. Let's keep it real for all our readers, they're worth it!

hk81

@WilsoInAus The order does not require any letter from the doctor and the treatment has no side effects. As you know very well, in case of difficult diagnosis, even doctors (which you are not!) make assumptions on the cause and try therapies to check the efficacy of it. So there's nothing strange in trying a medicine for herpes and see if it suppresses certain symptoms that have not been yet identified (like an inflammatory process).

LemonOne9
41 minutes ago, hk81 said:

@WilsoInAus The order does not require any letter from the doctor and the treatment has no side effects. As you know very well, in case of difficult diagnosis, even doctors (which you are not!) make assumptions on the cause and try therapies to check the efficacy of it. So there's nothing strange in trying a medicine for herpes and see if it suppresses certain symptoms that have not been yet identified (like an inflammatory process).

Please don't take Wilson seriously or bother replying to him. If you start to engage him it will simply clog up the thread.

WilsoInAus
4 hours ago, hk81 said:

No, doctors do not ‘test’ medications in an attempt to diagnose. Amenalief is only approved for use with herpes zoster. Trials are underway to test Amenalief for efficacy against HSV 1/2. I think leave the experiments to the professionals, don’t you think?

hk81
2 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

No, doctors do not ‘test’ medications in an attempt to diagnose.

That's not right. For example I ordinarily get steroids for the eyes (from eye doctors) without getting a proper lab test to rule out that it's not hsv conjunctivitis / keratitis or if it's a autoimmune disorder that casually decided to start at the same time I was infected. Talk to a professional and he will tell you that, especially for eye symptoms, doctors just use statistics to make a prescription, considering the most common disease; then they check whether it was effective or not. It's cost effective; it's not safe! That's something that should be forbidden, but it's common practice for professionals.

Similar things happen for HSV: I have seen often doctors being confused about my multiple symptoms (and: yes, my infection is proven by lab test). They randomly say that an inflammation (in a part of my body that had also had blisters previously) is not due to HSV and they try prescriptions (VCV, NSAID, Imiquimod...) and check the outcome. Some did not even want to monitor the outcome of their prescription. Sometimes they superficially say that I have nothing, even if I have previously shown rashes.

Trial and error should be done carefully, because certain things can make more damage than benefit; that's the case of combining steroids with a viral infection, for example. I don't encourage trial and error either, if it's not supported by enough strong evidence or is known to be harmless to the condition.

But here we are talking about a drug that is prescribed for herpes zoster, known to be safe and studied for herpes simplex.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22351940

Isn't taking part in trials more risky than that?

vzhe
On 4/20/2020 at 8:37 PM, WilsoInAus said:

<stuff no one cares about>

Please just ignore wilso, he's just a troll

WilsoInAus
3 hours ago, vzhe said:

Oh dear. Please reflect upon why it is that the truth makes you act so immaturely.

It is usually because there is a truth of our own we cannot confront and look to reflect that upon others.

alextheman
On 3/31/2020 at 9:33 PM, LemonOne9 said:

As far as I know this is where it's ordered from unless someone else can provide a cheaper source: https://bio-japan.net/Amenalief-200mg-tablets

It'd be $531 USD for a month supply at 100mg daily.

That's too much for me. Hopefully in a few years it will be cheaper for us common people.

Laguna
On 3/19/2020 at 5:02 AM, vzhe said:

Hey, just wanted to let you all know that I've been consistently using 100mg amenalief + 1g valtrex daily for a while now, and haven't had any outbreaks or symptoms at all in over a year or so.

Did you purchase from the link listed in this thread? This is the first time I've heard of Amenalief so forgive me. Is this something you think you plan to take long term? I am now on Acyclovir 800mg per day after trying everything natural under the sun. I am not having outbreaks but still some nerve pain. Every now & then I try to see what's new in research and development. 

dont quit!17
5 hours ago, alextheman said:

That's too much for me. Hopefully in a few years it will be cheaper for us common people.

I recently purchased some and was not very impressed with them and I used them in cocktail with valtrex

vzhe
7 hours ago, Laguna said:

Did you purchase from the link listed in this thread? This is the first time I've heard of Amenalief so forgive me. Is this something you think you plan to take long term? I am now on Acyclovir 800mg per day after trying everything natural under the sun. I am not having outbreaks but still some nerve pain. Every now & then I try to see what's new in research and development. 

I think most are getting it at mimaki

hk81
9 hours ago, dont quit!17 said:

I recently purchased some and was not very impressed with them and I used them in cocktail with valtrex

do you mean that you were not very impressed with the service of that website or with the product?

dont quit!17
On 4/22/2020 at 5:39 AM, hk81 said:

do you mean that you were not very impressed with the service of that website or with the product?

the product

CanadianGuy
On 4/21/2020 at 1:21 PM, vzhe said:

+1

viralfrog
On 3/19/2020 at 4:02 PM, vzhe said:

Hey, just wanted to let you all know that I've been consistently using 100mg amenalief + 1g valtrex daily for a while now, and haven't had any outbreaks or symptoms at all in over a year or so.

Very glad to hear that. I didn't see any effects from it at 100mg or 200mg a day during my experiment. I've had some success with SADBE though (made my own solutions). 

Laguna
10 hours ago, viralfrog said:

Very glad to hear that. I didn't see any effects from it at 100mg or 200mg a day during my experiment. I've had some success with SADBE though (made my own solutions). 

Hi I read your previous posts about SADBE in the other thread. I just started using the one from Turkey since I wanted to get my hands on whatever I could to try it. I don't think my Dr. would listen now during covid. 
I'm on day 4 of applying it 2x day in a small area. I do notice a general relaxed feeling about 15 min afterwards and all of the nerve pain I am experiencing is relieved for about 8-10 hours. Not sure if it is placebo effect or SADBE. 

You are making your own? Any info would be great! 

viralfrog
On 5/1/2020 at 11:51 PM, Laguna said:

Hi I read your previous posts about SADBE in the other thread. I just started using the one from Turkey since I wanted to get my hands on whatever I could to try it. I don't think my Dr. would listen now during covid. 
I'm on day 4 of applying it 2x day in a small area. I do notice a general relaxed feeling about 15 min afterwards and all of the nerve pain I am experiencing is relieved for about 8-10 hours. Not sure if it is placebo effect or SADBE. 

You are making your own? Any info would be great! 

I ordered some from Alibaba and making my own solutions. If you do this, be very careful as you get 98% purity SADBE which if undiluted, causes severe burns. Anyways let's not highjack this thread about Amenalief, feel free to ask me questions in the thread below :)