Jump to content
World's Largest Herpes Support Group


  • Donate

    If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

  • The Hive is Thriving!

    • Total Topics
      71,274
    • Total Posts
      482,134
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

    Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

  • Posts

Sign in to follow this  
Yannthe

Please advise if this looks like Herpes

Recommended Posts

Yannthe

Hi all,

I just discovered that this forum exist and I am impressed by the fact that everyone is taking the effort in helping eachother out here.
I am not sure if I have genital herpes (hsv-1 or hsv-2). But recently I got a big pimple on my left buttcheek about 8 days after I had sex with a girl. 
 

I didn’t have sex for about 8 months, so if it’s hsv, its from her. 
She gave me oral sex and we had sex in multiple positions (both with condom). I do know via via, that she is someone with a really high number of bed partners. I know it’s stupid, but I just went for it in the moment. 
 

I have zero other symptoms aside from the pimple. It only felt a bit painful sitting on it for like just 2 hours when it was big. But only in a matter of one day it already was changed into a sore and then into a scab soon after (see photos). 
 

No itching, no pain, no other sores. Just one on my buttcheek. Zero symptoms on my penis or balls. 

I never had a cold sore in my life and I am 25. Also never been tested on hsv-1 or hsv-2 before, since they never do it standard in my local std clinic.

Does this look like textbook herpes? And is it worth going for a test if I got it recently and there is no sore? It’s basically already recovered, but still feels a bit solid when I touch it. Only other STD that can give a pimple is syfilis, which is rare but transferable with condom. 

I’m not speaking to the girl anymore, so I don’t know at all whether she has it (big chance given the bed count) 
 

Am I worrying too much? I don’t often get a pimple on my ass cheek and its timing wise after having sex that I got suspicious. What if I never get any symptoms again? 
 

Photo’s are below, not in respective order. 

 

https://imgur.com/a/d2e7VKm

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Star33hcs

Doesnt look like herpes,but get tested

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yannthe
2 minutes ago, Star33hcs said:

Doesnt look like herpes,but get tested

Thanks for your reply, does herpes always have to be multiple lesions close to eachother? And does it have to be on the genitals (I had sex with a condom). 
no fever, no itch, no pain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Star33hcs
10 minutes ago, Yannthe said:

Thanks for your reply, does herpes always have to be multiple lesions close to eachother? And does it have to be on the genitals (I had sex with a condom). 
no fever, no itch, no pain

15 minutes ago, Yannthe said:

Thanks for your reply, does herpes always have to be multiple lesions close to eachother? And does it have to be on the genitals (I had sex with a condom). 
no fever, no itch, no pain

Not always , but for me doesnt look like herpes , but if you are nervous get a test 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yannthe

Is anyone else familiar with a primary outbreak which only shows one pimple/sore on the butt with no other symptoms or lesions around the penis? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just a human being
2 hours ago, Yannthe said:

Is anyone else familiar with a primary outbreak which only shows one pimple/sore on the butt with no other symptoms or lesions around the penis? 

A- typical symtoms are rarer. It is less usual I think for a pimple to scab like that. But I am no pimple expert. Some people say if there is pus it isn’t but I think things out of spectrum can crop up with herpes. The likelihood of picking up herpes with condom use is low. Most of the mucus membranes for men is on the shaft of the penis. If the condom is used correctly and it was used during oral sex it’s highly unlikely. It’s too late to swab from what I personally know. Also I do not think symtoms on the bottom is common for men. Women tend to present with symtoms around the anus. I don’t know about men. Your situation sits out in a whole lot of unlikely and less than typical so I think you should put your weight of probabilities in the very unlikely and just follow up in the case of rare circumstances without worrying or becoming hysterical. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yannthe
18 hours ago, Just a human being said:

A- typical symtoms are rarer. It is less usual I think for a pimple to scab like that. But I am no pimple expert. Some people say if there is pus it isn’t but I think things out of spectrum can crop up with herpes. The likelihood of picking up herpes with condom use is low. Most of the mucus membranes for men is on the shaft of the penis. If the condom is used correctly and it was used during oral sex it’s highly unlikely. It’s too late to swab from what I personally know. Also I do not think symtoms on the bottom is common for men. Women tend to present with symtoms around the anus. I don’t know about men. Your situation sits out in a whole lot of unlikely and less than typical so I think you should put your weight of probabilities in the very unlikely and just follow up in the case of rare circumstances without worrying or becoming hysterical. 

Good way of putting it, thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.