World's Largest Herpes Support Group

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

• WilsoInAus
      Just because you have HSV-1 doesn't mean everything that happens on your lips is related to HSV. It does seem like a dermatologist would be a good move if your doctor is not thinking broadly enough.
    • whereismyanswer
      Yes, taken the blood test and came back positive for HSV1.  I wish it was angular cheilitis. I'm going to look into other doctors for treatment options.  
    • Just a human being
      A lot of people don’t understand me nor the importance of the emerging evidence. They think I’m promoting a product or here for financial gain! They mistake a complex social environment with science failing to realise it’s an open poll with many factors affecting the outcomes! They mistake anecdotal trying as the way forward over the importance of the emerging evidence to shed more light on the mechanisms of how clearance could be achieved. That it opens up the further discourse for integrative medicine and related sectors in healthcare. That it means people will no longer have to run around for decades trying to find their answers! Our doctors and scientists are persecuted and ridiculed and too scared to speak the truth! Unless we build a groundswell movement behind it things won’t change. Instead people seek to destroy what they don’t understand! It’s been a tough, frustrating year arguing and advocating for the recognition of integrative medicine. Often with those HSV infected trying to beat it down THE MOST! I guess in any troubled times we have thoughts to turn back to to give us strength. Mine is Lady GaGa. Bullied at school and rejected many many times in her early career Lady GaGa is one of the wealthiest and most influential pop stars. Arguing for her brand of pop music she knew it was the next big thing but getting people to listen was harder.  Lady GaGa often gives inspirational speeches of success after much rejection: “It’s not about winning,” Gaga continued. “What it is about is not giving up. If you have a dream, fight for it. If there is a discipline, or passion, it’s not how many times you get rejected or you fall down or are beaten up. It’s about how many times you stand up and are brave and keep on going.” At the start of the year we looked into the astrology of the year. This is the year of Rahu. Rahu brings change with shocks to break down barriers and taboos. I have to say I groaned at little damn shocks and shakes haven’t I had enough in my life! We have certainly had many! I will not stop standing up for the truth and recognition of integrative medicine! Unity in the community is important. Stop destroying recognition of your treatment. Educate yourself on the complex social environment and start thinking like a scientist! Again I think of Lady GaGa.    START ROARING FOR CHANGE!             
    • WilsoInAus
      Hey @whereismyanswer my only comment for now is that are you sure these are cold sores and not another condition such as angular cheilitis? Valtrex is effective against oral cold sores in 95%+ of cases so there's a chance that something else is contributing at least.
    • WilsoInAus
      Hey @Hjkl33 and welcome to the community. You are right to dismiss the IgM results, they have no real value in an adult for all the reasons I'm sure you have read about. Your positive test is a very low positive and hence very likely to be false. This combined with what I suspect has been no outbreaks makes a false positive highly likely. Another IgG test will help your understanding, just insist this is what you want.
Sign in to follow this  
Yannthe

Please advise if this looks like Herpes

Yannthe

Hi all,

I just discovered that this forum exist and I am impressed by the fact that everyone is taking the effort in helping eachother out here.
I am not sure if I have genital herpes (hsv-1 or hsv-2). But recently I got a big pimple on my left buttcheek about 8 days after I had sex with a girl. 

I didn’t have sex for about 8 months, so if it’s hsv, its from her. 
She gave me oral sex and we had sex in multiple positions (both with condom). I do know via via, that she is someone with a really high number of bed partners. I know it’s stupid, but I just went for it in the moment. 

I have zero other symptoms aside from the pimple. It only felt a bit painful sitting on it for like just 2 hours when it was big. But only in a matter of one day it already was changed into a sore and then into a scab soon after (see photos). 

No itching, no pain, no other sores. Just one on my buttcheek. Zero symptoms on my penis or balls. 

I never had a cold sore in my life and I am 25. Also never been tested on hsv-1 or hsv-2 before, since they never do it standard in my local std clinic.

Does this look like textbook herpes? And is it worth going for a test if I got it recently and there is no sore? It’s basically already recovered, but still feels a bit solid when I touch it. Only other STD that can give a pimple is syfilis, which is rare but transferable with condom. 

I’m not speaking to the girl anymore, so I don’t know at all whether she has it (big chance given the bed count) 

Am I worrying too much? I don’t often get a pimple on my ass cheek and its timing wise after having sex that I got suspicious. What if I never get any symptoms again? 

Photo’s are below, not in respective order. 

https://imgur.com/a/d2e7VKm

Star33hcs

Doesnt look like herpes,but get tested

Yannthe
2 minutes ago, Star33hcs said:

Doesnt look like herpes,but get tested

Thanks for your reply, does herpes always have to be multiple lesions close to eachother? And does it have to be on the genitals (I had sex with a condom). 
no fever, no itch, no pain

Star33hcs
10 minutes ago, Yannthe said:

Thanks for your reply, does herpes always have to be multiple lesions close to eachother? And does it have to be on the genitals (I had sex with a condom). 

15 minutes ago, Yannthe said:

Not always , but for me doesnt look like herpes , but if you are nervous get a test 

Yannthe

Is anyone else familiar with a primary outbreak which only shows one pimple/sore on the butt with no other symptoms or lesions around the penis? 

Just a human being
2 hours ago, Yannthe said:

Is anyone else familiar with a primary outbreak which only shows one pimple/sore on the butt with no other symptoms or lesions around the penis? 

A- typical symtoms are rarer. It is less usual I think for a pimple to scab like that. But I am no pimple expert. Some people say if there is pus it isn’t but I think things out of spectrum can crop up with herpes. The likelihood of picking up herpes with condom use is low. Most of the mucus membranes for men is on the shaft of the penis. If the condom is used correctly and it was used during oral sex it’s highly unlikely. It’s too late to swab from what I personally know. Also I do not think symtoms on the bottom is common for men. Women tend to present with symtoms around the anus. I don’t know about men. Your situation sits out in a whole lot of unlikely and less than typical so I think you should put your weight of probabilities in the very unlikely and just follow up in the case of rare circumstances without worrying or becoming hysterical. 

Yannthe
18 hours ago, Just a human being said:

A- typical symtoms are rarer. It is less usual I think for a pimple to scab like that. But I am no pimple expert. Some people say if there is pus it isn’t but I think things out of spectrum can crop up with herpes. The likelihood of picking up herpes with condom use is low. Most of the mucus membranes for men is on the shaft of the penis. If the condom is used correctly and it was used during oral sex it’s highly unlikely. It’s too late to swab from what I personally know. Also I do not think symtoms on the bottom is common for men. Women tend to present with symtoms around the anus. I don’t know about men. Your situation sits out in a whole lot of unlikely and less than typical so I think you should put your weight of probabilities in the very unlikely and just follow up in the case of rare circumstances without worrying or becoming hysterical. 

Good way of putting it, thank you.