World's Largest Herpes Support Group

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

islandhopper

Non HSV dating sites-taking the plunge

islandhopper

I realise that the odds of meeting someone ‘in the same boat’ that I connect with and in the same area, are slim. Having tried some of the HSV dating sites such as positive singles, hype and tingler, I have found that people are either too far away, don’t reply to messages or just disappear from the site altogether (fake profiles?). Maybe I was just unlucky with these sites.

After a recent and life changing health scare (Myocarditis) I’m keen to settle down with someone.

So, I have concluded that I need to give non HSV dating sites a shot.

Given that 4 out of 5 people are ok with it (to quote HVA uk) what have I got to lose ?

But why do I feel so despondent? I shouldn’t be. The last girl I dated was someone I met at work 2&1/2 years ago and the first one I had ‘the talk’ with. I said ‘Do you get cold sores’ she said yes, and I said ‘So do I, but down there’ and she said ‘so’ and that was that. She wasn’t bothered by it at all. Sadly, we split up after 4months due to other reasons 

So, here goes.... Wish me luck !

Tulip79
6 hours ago, islandhopper said:

I realise that the odds of meeting someone ‘in the same boat’ that I connect with and in the same area, are slim. Having tried some of the HSV dating sites such as positive singles, hype and tingler, I have found that people are either too far away, don’t reply to messages or just disappear from the site altogether (fake profiles?). Maybe I was just unlucky with these sites.

After a recent and life changing health scare (Myocarditis) I’m keen to settle down with someone.

So, I have concluded that I need to give non HSV dating sites a shot.

Given that 4 out of 5 people are ok with it (to quote HVA uk) what have I got to lose ?

But why do I feel so despondent? I shouldn’t be. The last girl I dated was someone I met at work 2&1/2 years ago and the first one I had ‘the talk’ with. I said ‘Do you get cold sores’ she said yes, and I said ‘So do I, but down there’ and she said ‘so’ and that was that. She wasn’t bothered by it at all. Sadly, we split up after 4months due to other reasons 

So, here goes.... Wish me luck !

Get out there and live your best life.  

Lizard

I honestly have just resorted to putting my HSV status in my dating profile bio. That way if someone matches with me, I'd hope they would read it and ask me about it if they are unsure. I always provide information too and a lot of the time most are ok with it. It saves most awkward conversations that way. 

Tulip79
4 hours ago, Lizard said:

I honestly have just resorted to putting my HSV status in my dating profile bio. That way if someone matches with me, I'd hope they would read it and ask me about it if they are unsure. I always provide information too and a lot of the time most are ok with it. It saves most awkward conversations that way. 

Wow, you are brave.  How long have you been doing that?  

speechless_1

I've honestly thought about putting my HSV status on my profile but i always chicken out.  I'm on non HSV dating sites now and I disclose early - often before meeting, I've had acceptance and rejection.  I'm ok with it now, though the rejection was hard at first.  I was actually surprised to hear that a lot of people had dated someone who had Herpes or who knew someone who had it - thats actually built my confidence a lot.  

lovethislife

Hi! I've been considering joining an online dating app as well. I have had HSV2 for 4 years. I seem to have an outbreak every 2-3 months. I am so scared of rejection but also want to be upfront about my STD. I live in a pretty small community so it feels very vulnerable to publicly state I have HSV 2 on my profile. Nervous and wondering how you navigate this? 

islandhopper

I’m not brave enough to actually put on my profile that I have HSV. I think it will put people off at the first hurdle, without giving you a chance to explain how common it is, that it’s not a big deal for most people and other facts.

I’ve also asked myself how I would of reacted years ago (before I got HSV), and I think I would of reacted badly-in incurable disease that causes painful sores on the genitals-no thanks. But I was younger, uneducated and not in possession of the facts. I’ve since told people I have it-one that I dated and she was fine with it (she got cold sores anyway) and another, who was just a friend, and she’d never heard of it. I guess everyone is different ...