World's Largest Herpes Support Group

Sign in to follow this  
Asgard

Please help diagnose

Asgard

Hi guys, I'm new here, 36 year old male. In October last year I developed a red rash about 2cm in size on the head of my penis. Lots of tingles and sensitivity. No pain. No open sores. No blisters. Just a reddened area. Was accompanied by mild flu like symptoms.

A few months later, exact same rash, just a bit smaller. This one crusted and formed a scab.

Havent had the rash again, even though penis slightly redder than usual most of the time. Sometimes tingles. Very sensitive to hairs in the area. 

I have had hsv1 cold sores around my mouth since I was a kid.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Asgard

Anybody? Please?

Is this hsv2 or not?

WilsoInAus
2 hours ago, Asgard said:

Anybody? Please?

Is this hsv2 or not?

Hey, what sexual activity did you have in the week before the first episode in October last year?

Given the time that has passed, a blood test would be conclusive for HSV-2. Can you obtain the IgG test type specific for HSV-1 and HSV-2?

What you describe does sound like yeast or bacteria could be a cause here.

Asgard

Anybody? Please?

Is this hsv2 or not?

Asgard

Hi there, thanks for response. 

Had bloods done. Negative for everything. Not sure exactly what  type of test was done. But was negative for a numbers of STI's.

My Sexual activity was end August.

Received Oral without condom

Sex with condom, no visible sores whatsoever on her externally. Condom broke off fully but immediately pulled out and replaced.

Currently sexually active, but with a condom all the time.

I will try and do igg test for hsv2 asap.

Thanks 

Asgard

Ps, my urologist told me that the minute anything crusts up and scabs, then it's herpes. Any truth in this? 

My very red, itchy and sensitive rash crusted over and scabbed and that's what he used as confirmation. ??

Asgard

Note from my doctor after getting a blood test last week:

"Herpes Type 1 IgG = positive  …………….previous exposure

Herpes Type 2 IgG = negative

And Herpes 1 + 2 IgM antibodies negative  ………so, no signs of active infection and no confirmation of type 2 genital herpes."

I developed an oral cold sore last week and simultaneous rash on my penis head and shaft on exactly the same spot as 6 months ago. Was probably brought on by stress etc. No blisters, just very red and itchy patch on penis head and shaft.

do I need further confirmation and retest again in a few months or should I be thankful and move on to try and determine the cause?

Eczema? Thrush? Exactly same shape and area as before? 

WilsoInAus

Hey @Asgard this confirms whatever is going on isn’t herpes genitally. You do indeed need to pursue another cause.

Asgard

Hi guys. Any input would be appreciated pls.

Even after I received negative IGG results for HSV2 about 2-3 weeks ago after being tested during an "outbreak", last night I again simultaneuously started getting a cold sore (no tingling, just sensitivity and feels swollen) on my TOP lip, very dry lips, a bit of swelling and itching o, my left eyelid at the tear duct, and the flat red itchy rash on my penis head and underside, all on exactly the same spots and same size as 2 to 3 weeks ago before I got tested. Combination oral/genital/eye itchiness, rash, swollen same place same time, can't be coincidence.

Additional info: usually the HSV1 outbreaks I've been getting since I was a kid is usually on my bottom lip.

Could this triple whammy be a secondary hsv1 infection even after I've had hsv1 on my bottom lip for 25 years? 

Could my hsv2 test have been a false negative? 

Should I get retested?

Asgard

Is there any other skin condition where a rash or irritation appears on exactly the same spot and same shape as before on 3 different areas simultaneously?

Theres no pain, just tender and itchy on penis, no blisters, no fluid.

Lip just feels swollen and tender. No fluid. No blisters.

Eyelid itchy and swollen and slightly red.

Hives? Shingles? Glandular Fever?

WilsoInAus

Hey @Asgard just to recap, you already have an oral HSV-1 infection and it is not technically possible to become infected again in the oral region.

If this 'outbreak' is related to HSV-1 (and this is possible, although I think unlikely) then it will be because your immune system has become run down allowing replication of the virus potentially through any nerve pathway.

It will not be due to HSV-2.

I think all you can do is see a doctor, it sounds more like 'pink eye' a bacterial infection than anything else to me.

Asgard

Thank you WilsoInAus. I also thought its bacterial, but really confused as they occur on all three areas simultaneously and are exactly the same shape and size and previous occurrences. What doctor would be best to see? My GP is clueless. The urologist says it isnt HSV. Shall I try a dermatologist?

WilsoInAus

Yes I think a dermatologist would be a good step.

Asgard

Thanks again. Stay safe 

Asgard

Hi guys, as seen above, I had a igm and igg test done and it was negative for hsv2 and positive for hsv1 as I've been getting cold sores on bottom lip since a kid. These usually blister.

The problem is I've been getting a recurring rash on exactly same spot and size on my penis head and along shaft. No blisters.

At the same time I also get very dry lips and swollen and tingly at my top lip just beneath the moustache line. No blisters.

Also when the above happens my left eye, near the tear duct gets a little bump/slight swelling which is itchy. So basically the penis, lip and eye symptoms all happen at exactly the same time on same location every 6 or so weeks. 

Fourth such outbreak. Never any blisters. 

Do you think my IGG for hsv2 was a false negative? 

How could it occur on 3 locations simultaneously?

Should I do bloods again for hsv2 igg?

Asgard

Ps the dermatologist said its balanitis or psoriasis, but I'm not sure that these conditions recur on exactly the same spot to the mm at exactly the same time/simultaneously.

brucerbleach
Posted (edited)

FYI. Recurring Balanitis can be caused by hsv

Edited by brucerbleach

WilsoInAus
45 minutes ago, brucerbleach said:

FYI. Recurring Balanitis can be caused by hsv

Balanitis is not a condition or a specific identified pattern. Herpes lesions are sometimes termed balanitis. Balanitis caused by yeast it bacteria has nothing to do with 
However your balanitis is not caused by herpes so great support for the OP that he has another example of someone suspecting herpes but going on to not have genital herpes. Thanks 

WilsoInAus
9 minutes ago, WSX said:

He is correct. This happened to my penis.

A simple Google search of reputable medical websites (not armchair doctors on this website) will show you the truth.

Post reported.

The bullying has to stop. You do NOT have genital herpes and you attempt to bully others into being concerned with their problems and overweight herpes to feed your obscure fantasy l.

We are not standing for it anymore. 

Please disregard this serial pest he will be dealt with.

WilsoInAus
2 minutes ago, Elephant in the room? said:

While testing is accurate for the vast majority of people it’s well established in the community it’s not perfect. When the immune system is weakened it s definitely possible to get co infections. While more unusual it s important to point it out in a unique case. 

HSV2 was visually diagnosed. Possible co infection has been also noted. HSV1 Oral conformed and genital symptoms occurring at the same time suggests herpes to me. 

Continue to pursue PRC swab tests for possible GHSV2 in my opinion. If HSV2 is suspected it would be negligent not to follow up with some care. It doesn’t mean you need to go into crazy frenzy.

As I deal with HSV regularly I believe that in Australia, where Wilso claims to come from, from what I have been told by others generally consider  blood tests so useless they don’t do them. We made calls to private labs for people to see if past serology any other blood tests such as titer or WB was availabile for them. The technician indicated testing was s big issues and that many people lived their lives not knowing if they had herpes or not due to testing issues. 

Please note Wilso may go into tyrannical dishonest personal slurs I cannot defend myself against due to censorship. 

Post flagged for moderation. 
Australian tests are imported from the US generally. Can you please quote where you got your information from? Maybe it was in the Synergy poster?

Elephant in the room?
1 hour ago, WilsoInAus said:

Post flagged for moderation. 
Australian tests are imported from the US generally. Can you please quote where you got your information from? Maybe it was in the Synergy poster?

I ll correct that Wilso one associate reiterated a clinic to me and it was a private convo. They did not consider bloods helpful and only did swabs. Many drs will still order serology. Some will only do if there are symptoms. 

The lab technician for the private lab was my enquiry. I was trying to reach if titers or WB could be purchased privately. They said not and it’s the HONEST truth they reiterated to me some subsets never know if they have herpes. Granted this maybe because these people do not have WB avail. 

WilsoInAus
1 hour ago, Elephant in the room? said:

I ll correct that Wilso one associate reiterated a clinic to me and it was a private convo. They did not consider bloods helpful and only did swabs. Many drs will still order serology. Some will only do if there are symptoms. 

The lab technician for the private lab was my enquiry. I was trying to reach if titers or WB could be purchased privately. They said not and it’s the HONEST truth they reiterated to me some subsets never know if they have herpes. Granted this maybe because these people do not have WB avail. 

Yes that’s the case for STI clinics the world over, they tend to only swab. In Australia under social medicine you can have an HSV blood test ordered anytime from your GP at no cost to you.

The Westernblot is technically only available from the University of Washington. 
About 80% of people don’t know they have genital herpes. Not because they test negative, but because they can’t access a test owing to the cost or their society simply doesn’t care as there are more important health concerns.

WilsoInAus
1 hour ago, WSX said:

FUCK YOU. I have genital herpes. Where is your proof I don't have herpes? WHERE THE FUCK IS IT? Have you seen my medical records and talk to me doctors? I didn't think so you piece of shit.

You posted misinformation by sayin herpes can't cause balantitis. 

Post reported.

Yes you have all the proof you need. No swabs, childhood HSV-1, negative for HSV-2, not one doctor truly believes you have genital herpes.

You have all the proof you need and unfortunately simply fear. What do you have to fear from believing you do not have genital herpes? Ask the universe this question and look in the mirror.

Where did I day that about balanitis, and I'll correct it. I said...Balanitis is not a condition or a specific identified pattern. Herpes lesions are sometimes termed balanitis. Balanitis caused by yeast it bacteria has nothing to do with herpes. However your balanitis is not caused by herpes so great support for the OP that he has another example of someone suspecting herpes but going on to not have genital herpes. 

The bullying has to stop. You do NOT have genital herpes and you attempt to bully others into being concerned with their problems and overweight herpes to feed your obscure fantasy.

We are not standing for it anymore. 

Please disregard this serial pest, he will be dealt with.

Elephant in the room?
28 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

Yes that’s the case for STI clinics the world over, they tend to only swab. In Australia under social medicine you can have an HSV blood test ordered anytime from your GP at no cost to you.

The Westernblot is technically only available from the University of Washington. 
About 80% of people don’t know they have genital herpes. Not because they test negative, but because they can’t access a test owing to the cost or their society simply doesn’t care as there are more important health concerns.

I certainly agree with you that people tend to fixate HSV is the worst diagnosis they can have and directly see the trauma that mindset brings. 

Testing should be more widely available to people absolutely. And while it s not always accurate in all cases I do think it should be included on the STD panel. While as stated it was iterated to me via the STI clinic as “unreliable” testing is certainly better than no testing if it’s understood within it pros and cons if we suspect exposure. 

While 80% of people are a-symptomatic subsets in the 20% can have a very hard time. They deserve better treatment options imo.

WilsoInAus
5 minutes ago, Elephant in the room? said:

I certainly agree with you that people tend to fixate HSV is the worst diagnosis they can have and directly see the trauma that mindset brings. 

Testing should be more widely available to people absolutely. And while it s not always accurate in all cases I do think it should be included on the STD panel. While as stated it was iterated to me via the STI clinic as “unreliable” testing is certainly better than no testing if it’s understood within it pros and cons if we suspect exposure. 

While 80% of people are a-symptomatic subsets in the 20% can have a very hard time. They deserve better treatment options imo.

Again, STI clinics tend not to do blood tests, you need to see your practioner for that test. The clinics do mention 'unreliable' for the blood tests as a form of excuse for not testing - what they are really referring to though is false positives and not false negatives.