World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
lavenderchic

shaving/waxing with GHSV2

lavenderchic

Is possible it still possible to safely shave/wax anything below the belt?

shutterbug

Oh jeez!! I hope so!!! I can handle having the herp, but if I gotta have pubic hair, someone SHOOT me!! :)

DanaS

Removal of Pubic Hair

I have not had any problems with hair removal.

Everyone is different and it may affect others.

sorensad

I like to, or I USED to like to get Brazilian waxes. Is this something I can no longer do? They usually wear gloves.

lavenderchic

Wax is my main concern, I guess as long as they were gloves, are careful in technique and I dont have a prodrome I guess things will be okay:confused:

alwaysalone

YOu piss off your skin with that wax and your asking for an OB. Good luck with that though. I just use clippers to trim to the skin and leave it a little. I am not for causing any more pain then I already have.

ski junkie

I have had the brazilian

I have had it. I don't like to go to the gym..to the masage therapist...any where any more because I hate to disclose I have herpies. When I went in for acupucture I had to disclose, and he really didn't care. It was imbarrassing for us both. Now I do not disclose if I think it really dosen't matter. So what do you all think.

Unless I am having sex with someone I don't think it really matters.

I don't give blood.

time2moveon

shaving

Be very careful when shaving if you have any remote sense that you may have an outbreak. You will autoinnoculate yourself plenty. That's what happened here. Before diagnosed I saw three blisters but thought they were ingrown hairs and tried to shave around them, but ended up knicking them a bit and IT INCREASED THE HERPES BLISTER AREA GREATLY during primary OB. My wife is insisting I undergo laser hair removal so as to never again have that problem. Good luck.

stewart

shaving

I think that's what happened to me - I had what I thought were one or two bumps from shaving, shaved again and voila! A nice little path of herpes where I never had it before... this just keeps getting better and better... lovely...

ONtrialFEM

Nooooooooooo

I'd say HELL NO. There are plenty of pics online of women who have shaved and spread it, and remember the body keeps a sort of "memory" so they can come back at some point. I'm w/ so & so a few comments up, just clip or shave ,, but I put alcohol on the blade if I shave any, and I never shave the whole thing, and alcohol after.

sosadsoworried

I shave pretty regularly and don't have a problem. I think it really is a case by case type thing. I know the spot where I had a prominent blister two times and I keep a close eye on that and make that the last stop on the trip with the razor, but it doesn't seem to adversely affect me at all.