World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
lavenderchic

sex practices since H

lavenderchic

How have your sex practices change since receiving your lovely gift?

are you active with a partner who has H/ without H?

m/m........f/f?

ie. condoms, dental dam, spermicides, gloves, addition of toys, more intimate touching less sexual contact

Please share whatever you are comfortable with?

shutterbug

Well, it's only been a month for me, so I'm still fairly new to this, but my current boyf was a carrier (unknowingly) and gave me gHSV2. So, we both have it (confirmed with blood tests) which definitely makes things "easier" (so-to-speak) for our sex life. Aside from "washing up" a little excessively after sex, we're still just as active as we were prior to finding out. We have not yet engaged in any oral, we haven't really talked about how either of us feels about it yet, but I am not against it.

lilanne19

Shutterbug, you can reinfect each other (at least not after 3 months of having it) so the showering after is not necessary unless it's a personal choice. If 2 people both have the same strain in the same location and they've had it over 3 months, than you really don't need any precautions. Precautions should be taken with couples where 1 has it and the other doesn't. I've been with my bf for 6 mos now and I found out after we'd been together 2 months. Fortunately, we always used condoms and when he tested he was negative. After I found out, we continued to use them but eventually he told me he loved me and he decided that he didn't want to use them anymore. We use a spermicide but that's really it. I have both hsv1 and hsv2 and I perform and receive oral. I do abstain when I think I'm about to have an ob. To be honest he seems ok with it but I'm still struggling with it. It's like ok, I've given him all the info, he's read it so I know he made an informed decision but every once in a while I'm not ok with it. As far as we know he's still negative maybe if we were married, I would feel a little better but because we're not, I sometimes feel selfish. Anyway, I'm in a f/m relationship.

alwaysalone

We usually wash up afterwards no matter what. We also have 3 kids between us both so its needed you know? We want to contain it as much as possible. As far as anything else. we steer clear of the going down there if we have OBs. If not then it's fair game so to speak. We are looking into new ways to improve our relationship all the time. M/F.

what about you?

lavenderchic

Thank you for responding to my post:D

I am thinking or should I say working up ther courage to venture back into the dating world after H. I was just trying to get an idea of how diffrent things are with H. life does go on, wether or not you choose to participate is up to you

wish me luck or better yet just wish for a compatible hot guy with H for me, lol

Brucie

Honestly, I've given up hoping for a sex life. My spouse doesn't have H and doesn't want to be with me for fear of catching it. I have a very bad strain and it is highly transmittable as compared to milder cases so we just don't bother now. I grieve for that loss daily. :|:(

alwaysalone
Honestly, I've given up hoping for a sex life. My spouse doesn't have H and doesn't want to be with me for fear of catching it. I have a very bad strain and it is highly transmittable as compared to milder cases so we just don't bother now. I grieve for that loss daily. :|:(

What the hell? I don't get it at all. you have a bad case of H? How do they get worse then they already are?

Damaged

Hello Everyone,

Brucie, I feel for you and feel the same. I have had no sex for almost 10months. I have had guys interested in me but I feel so guilty about my desiese that I am not at all proactive. Was once a great lover and now a dead fish. I was never before a casual sexer. It was just when that time happened my body and soul were very horney.

H has killed a big part of my soul. I am destroyed to this day with an ever lingering dimple encouraging my sentence to no love ever.

This is how H has affected me and I am DEPRESSED.

salientfacts

A little confused

I was recently prompted to get tested by a girl I've been with for a couple of months when she found out her ex had hsv. We both have tested positive for hsv1&2 but neither of us are aware of ever having had an outbreak. As such neither of us can really be sure when or how we got it.

I have been reading a lot about asymptomatic shedding etc.

What are the risks of spreading or making it worse by our own sexual contact absent any outbreaks?