World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
chicago girl

New Years Eve Pity Party anyone???

chicago girl

Thank God 2007 is over!! I divorced the man I love. Can't make my bills. And best of all I got Herpes! If that isn't a banner year, I don't know what is.....

If you are home alone like I am tonight, tell me your pity stories of 2007....we can wallow for one night, get it out of our system and then begin anew tomorrow. 2008 HAS to be better!

In the words of the great Barry Manilow (yes, I'll admit it, I'm a Fanilow!), It's Just Another new Years Eve....

Don't look so sad, it's not so bad you know.

It's just another night, that's all it is,

It's not the first, it's not the worst you know,

We've come through all the rest, we'll get through this.

We've made mistakes, but we've made good friends too.

Remember all the nights we spent with them?

And all our plans, who says they can't come true?

Tonight's another chance to start again.

REFRAIN

It's just another New Year's Eve,

Another night like all the rest.

Let's make it the best.

It's just another Auld Lang Syne,

But when we're through this New Year

You'll see, WE'LL be just fine.

We're not alone, we've got the world you know.

And it won't let us down, just wait and see.

And we'll grow old, but think how wise we'll grow.

There's more you know, it's only New Year's Eve.

Shoegirl

Hey Chicago Girl,

I understand EXACTLY how you feel! I was diagnosed in 2005---to top it off, my vacation was cancelled and I stayed home from work that week only to learn I had just contracted herpes. I went through two TERRIBLE breakups that year, my dog died, and I got herpes. I can honestly say that 2005 was the worst year of my entire life....I was so excited to see 2006 come. You know what, though? Even though I went through so much that year, the world didn't stop turning. It's now been two years since I was diagnosed and it's been hard. I'm trying to come to grips w/ it, but it makes the dating life even more challenging. All I can say to you is...."this, too, shall pass." I wish you all the best in 2008. Keep your chin up--you'll be okay. Just remember that you're NOT ALONE in this!

braveb

I'm so lost. I've never had a relationship that has lasted more than a couple of months. I'm average looking with no real thing that attracts guys to me by my physical look. They have to look deeper. Now as if to top off how shit I feel about myself I got herpes at the end of last year. I think I'm destined to be alone. 1 day into the new year and I have already been rejected by someone. Its an understatement to say I feel suicidal.

VVK

braveb, Shoegirl (but especially braveb),

Having HSV and being informed about it changes one's view of life. It doesn't have to be for the worse. Having this condition does not mean that you will be alone. It just means that you will need to find the right person that will love you for who you are rather than simply lust for the sex. If you're in it for quick sex and happen to be ethically inclined, then yes it is a bummer that you might have to wait. However, this is in no way the end of your life nor does it cripple your potential (it can if you don't take steps to get any debilitating symptoms under control - but they can be overcome).

My advice, for what it's worth, is to focus on building friendships and building your life, career, etc. If you let yourself adapt, life goes on. You will meet good people and the right person for you. And for all you know, there may be an effective vaccine for this or even a cure sooner than you think.

Hang in there, look after yourselves, and don't give up hope!