World's Largest Herpes Support Group

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

• Aubrey77
      Thank you 
    • WilsoInAus
      Hey @Aubrey77 these symptoms are not something that oral HSV-1 can cause. In the end herpes would do what it does best and this is cause a sore somewhere on the lips . It might tingle a little as it forms, be inconvenient as it blisters and then crust as it heals and all look a little unsightly. But that’s herpes.    No reason to disbelieve your doctors thoughts on your issues.
    • Aubrey77
      Any feed back is welcome. I get these small bumps inside my right cheek. They do not hurt or burst. They just come and go. I showed them to doctors and the say they come up with stress and foods. Problem is I have pain and muscle spasms down right arm and in legs. Are these all ongoing issues for getting virus? I am not sure was going on with my body anymore 
    • Runner278
      Update: met with PCP Friday to get a referral to neurologist. During the discussion he discussed my low white blood cell count from a test I took in February. My count is/was 3.61. I asked him if that could be contributing to slow development of antibodies. He didn’t really react to it much. With that said, I did take another IGG test Friday which came back negative. I’m at week 12 post suppressive therapy and week 14 total without taking AVs. I emailed Terri Warren to see if she feels I need to wait longer to take the western blot to allow my WBC to increase and/or allow antibodies to develop. I want to use the WB as the final step in my testing journey and I don’t want to have to question the results.    Anyone have any experience or knowledge of someone with low/lower WBC and how long it took them to seroconvert?
    • asdfz
      Does anyone know what the side effects of pritelivir are?  Has anyone on this site actually tried it? 
Sign in to follow this  
shadowgirl88

No outbreaks, no treatment in over a year

shadowgirl88

I was diagnosed HSV2+ via viral culture and PCR culture swab test. I had a TINY sore and thought I would get it looked at since I was 8 months pregnant at the time. And BAM. Positive. My husband admitted to his affair. Anyway, I had that sore for about 4 weeks and it went away. I haven’t had anything else since and that was about 16 months ago, and I take no suppression medication.     Thoughts? 

WilsoInAus

Hey @shadowgirl88 that is a fairly common experience with the virus, you seem to be a low outbreak frequency person and probably focus on your health.

Did your husband test?

difficultroadahead

that's good for you

I wonder if this means that asymptomatic  shedding would be less during the course of the year for you

Is anyone able to answer that?

shadowgirl88
On 5/12/2020 at 7:41 AM, WilsoInAus said:

Hey @shadowgirl88 that is a fairly common experience with the virus, you seem to be a low outbreak frequency person and probably focus on your health.

Did your husband test?

No he hasn’t tested. We plan on doing the western blot test.

shadowgirl88

It’s strange. I’ve been under a LOT of stress. I’m a mother of 3...a full time student and work part time. My dad just had an open heart surgery...I’m still dealing with my husbands affair. But yet no outbreak?

WilsoInAus
1 minute ago, shadowgirl88 said:

No he hasn’t tested. We plan on doing the western blot test.

No real need the expense and hassle of WB, an IgG test will do just as well for HSV-2 testing.

My partner is like that, total stress head, gets ill a little more than average with cold/flu etc. yet still gets maybe one outbreak each couple of years.

Some backgrounds where incidence is high may also have higher incidence of asymptomatic infections, such as African.

shadowgirl88
9 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

No real need the expense and hassle of WB, an IgG test will do just as well for HSV-2 testing.

My partner is like that, total stress head, gets ill a little more than average with cold/flu etc. yet still gets maybe one outbreak each couple of years.

Some backgrounds where incidence is high may also have higher incidence of asymptomatic infections, such as African.

I’d rather do WB. I’ve heard too many conflicting stories about IgG testing. Especially if you have HSV1..and it shows up positive as both. I guess it’s to give me more evidence...because he has never had outbreaks either. He is the only sex partner I’ve ever had. And we are both Caucasian. 

shadowgirl88

Also, I have a crazy diet. Lol. Tons of junk food, Chocolate, soda, (alcohol at one point) I haven’t been a “Health conscious “ person at all.  When the midwife took the culture she said “This is nothing, this isn’t what heroes looks like” but I pushed her to test because I had read about herpes during my nursing studies. So she finally tested. And she said “I’m sure this is nothing, but yet I got a huge surprise about another patient last week” just gave me doubt when she said that...could it BE a false positive? I mean I’m at peace with it...I’m just curious.

WilsoInAus

@shadowgirl88 false positives really only happen if there's a lab mix up or contamination of samples. Very rare event.

Might be a good idea if you want to take your knowledge further is for both of you to test with WB and see what the results are before thinking further on actions.

shadowgirl88
Just now, WilsoInAus said:

@shadowgirl88 false positives really only happen if there's a lab mix up or contamination of samples. Very rare event.

Might be a good idea if you want to take your knowledge further is for both of you to test with WB and see what the results are before thinking further on actions.

I agree entirely. I know I have it. Just wishful thinking I guess. I can’t help but feel robbed of my life. My husband had his kicks, while I was at home taking care of our children...and this is what I get??? I don’t understand what I did to deserve this! I’ve NEVER (and I can be truthful because all our identity is hidden here) EVER had sex with anyone other than my husband. Ever. Only sex partner in my entire life. 

and this is what loyalty gets me.