World's Largest Herpes Support Group

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

Scorpioking

I’m still unsure about somethings

Scorpioking

I been diagnosed with herpes since December 2019 My doctor said I tested positive for hsv 2 but I’m a little confused with this I don’t get outbreaks frequently at all I thought having hsv 2 you’d have a high recurrence rate but I don’t even feel like I have anything does anyone else have hsv 2 but have no outbreaks?

WilsoInAus
13 minutes ago, Scorpioking said:

I been diagnosed with herpes since December 2019 My doctor said I tested positive for hsv 2 but I’m a little confused with this I don’t get outbreaks frequently at all I thought having hsv 2 you’d have a high recurrence rate but I don’t even feel like I have anything does anyone else have hsv 2 but have no outbreaks?

Hey there, what do your outbreaks consist of? What was your IgG result?

About 20% of people with HSV-2 are asymptomatic. The remainder average about 4 outbreaks a year.

themotion
36 minutes ago, Scorpioking said:

If you don't mind me asking:

What prompted you to get tested? Did the doctor test by swabbing an outbreak of some sort? Or was it a blood test?

Do you have any other details to share?

Scorpioking
7 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

Hey there, what do your outbreaks consist of? What was your IgG result?

About 20% of people with HSV-2 are asymptomatic. The remainder average about 4 outbreaks a year.

My doctor never told me that he just said it was hsv 2 and it’s a common thing you’ll be alright 

Scorpioking
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, themotion said:

If you don't mind me asking:

What prompted you to get tested? Did the doctor test by swabbing an outbreak of some sort? Or was it a blood test?

Do you have any other details to share?

My girlfriend had one bump in her vagina When she at the time was having an outbreak at first we thought it was just a cyst or something because it was one bump in her vagina I thought herpes was just on the skin surface so I wouldn’t think it be in the inside of her vagina but we ignored it but it kept bothering her every time we had sex until  she went her gynecologist and they wanted her to do a blood test so she ended up getting the results back and it was herpes I was the usual person and was frustrated and almost broke up with her for it but I decided to look pass all that because we both knew nothing about this there is lots of cases where People really don’t know but anyway I started getting sick after as in like flu like symptoms so I looked up the symptoms of gential herpes and I had the symptoms so I already figured I caught because it’s the symptoms of your initial outbreak I had a bump pop up for like 2 days and then it just healed but after that I just  don’t have any outbreaks and my bottle is still full 

Edited by Scorpioking

themotion
12 hours ago, Scorpioking said:

My girlfriend had one bump in her vagina When she at the time was having an outbreak at first we thought it was just a cyst or something because it was one bump in her vagina I thought herpes was just on the skin surface so I wouldn’t think it be in the inside of her vagina but we ignored it but it kept bothering her every time we had sex until  she went her gynecologist and they wanted her to do a blood test so she ended up getting the results back and it was herpes I was the usual person and was frustrated and almost broke up with her for it but I decided to look pass all that because we both knew nothing about this there is lots of cases where People really don’t know but anyway I started getting sick after as in like flu like symptoms so I looked up the symptoms of gential herpes and I had the symptoms so I already figured I caught because it’s the symptoms of your initial outbreak I had a bump pop up for like 2 days and then it just healed but after that I just  don’t have any outbreaks and my bottle is still full 

Sorry but what do you mean "my bottle is still full"

?

Scorpioking
2 hours ago, themotion said:

Sorry but what do you mean "my bottle is still full"

?

Like I don’t use the antivirals because I don’t have outbreaks so what’s the point my girlfriend is hsv positive too so

Josse

What was your IGG test result? Or was it swabbed when you had symptoms Or was it visual/symptom based diagnosis?
How did your GF was tested do you know??

Scorpioking

My doctor never told me my igg he just told me I had hsv 2 my girlfriends test didn’t really make sense at all They said she had been in contact with both strains but she has hsv 2 for all I know it Of it And she had blood test done. I just got a blood test as well but I was just getting flu like symptoms and only like 2 or 3 bumps and they healed really fast so idk 

BobinColorado
On 5/18/2020 at 12:11 AM, Scorpioking said:

I don’t get outbreaks frequently at all I thought having hsv 2 you’d have a high recurrence rate but I don’t even feel like I have anything does anyone else have hsv 2 but have no outbreaks?

I had a blood test and tested positive for HSV 2 a couple months ago.  Negative HSV 1.  Never had a outbreak and I have no idea how long I have had it.  Could have had it a couple months or a decade.  Still would not know I had it if I didnt have a positive blood test.  Hope I stay symptom free and never have to deal with outbreaks.  Its scary