World's Largest Herpes Support Group

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

Sign in to follow this  
Stressedmom

Single pimple

Stressedmom

I am very worried as my 10 year old daughter developed a pimple with a cream head on her clitoral hood. This is happening for the second time on the same spot in 3 months and it’s really worrying me. When it happened fist time I freaked out considering my own Hsv2 positive status. I took her to the sexual health clinic and was referred to peadiatrician as it was a safeguarding issue considering her age. I was not worried about that as there is definitely no issues there. They took 2 swabs which came back negative for both bacteria and viruses. I was relieved but was gutted when she developed the same spot yesterday. She is going through puberty and started growing some pubic hair. So I examined the spot properly to check for any hair to explain in it but there was none. Yesterday it was mostly flesh colored but this morning I could see a tiny graze on it and some pus like stuff that seem to have oozed out. Why is this happening on the same spot and why is my daughter getting this? Could I have accidentally passed my infection to my child. I am really stressing out as I have moved mountains to keep my kids safe from all this. I have taken very precaution and I don’t see why my little girl is getting these symptoms. She is not complaining of pain or any sensations so am wondering if it could be jus a sabaceous gland that's overactive. Could they have missed the herpes previously? Is it acne if so why same spot. I don’t know if anyone can give any pespective. I am soooo stressed. I am dealing with a lot already my own outbreak are so constant I can’t remember the last time I live with no herpes sensations.

WilsoInAus

Hey @Stressedmom whatever is happening for your daughter it will not be related to your infection.

It is not feasible for accidental transmission in ordinary circumstances as you suggest.

I hope they find the cause soon, but I’m thinking it is innocuous and not uncommon.