World's Largest Herpes Support Group

AlyssaN

Just a quick little yell

AlyssaN

I'M SO FRUSTRATED!!!!!

I was diagnosed with HSV2 like 5 years ago and only had 2 breakouts the first year.  Now all of a sudden this year I seem to have symptoms every other week.  If it's not a full breakout - its nerve pain and nervous stomach tingles.  I'm almost exhausted out of this.  Masturbation sparks it.  I'm not having sex with anybody so I don't have that issue but.  I just wanna cry.  I've met somebody amazing and the point is gonna have to come soon to tell him and you know what, I'll bet everything I have that he will accept it.  I just know.  But, what is our sex life gonna be if I'm in constant breakout mode?  Does anybody have this issue? Please share.  I've been in pain and constant tingles stomach/legs for 2 days - I feel flu-like.  All this started after I started taking meds for breakouts a few months ago and now it seems it's made them worse.  I wanna take meds again for a break from the pain and stress.  My doc is advising the 3 month daily treatment.  What does that do?  After 3 months it helps prevent regular reoccurrence? How am I ever to live a life again without constant weekly reminder my body is invaded.  This is just a rant and rave because I'm frustrated.  Please say something nice, words of hope.  Anybody.  Where is the damn curreeeeeeee!?  I wish the world cares as much to fast track this cure like a COVID cure.

Ok rant over.

WilsoInAus

Hey @AlyssaN I think the first thing to point out is that what is causing your current symptoms is unlikely to be related to herpes. Maybe its an option on a rather long list of possibilities, but this still means its quite unlikely. Hence you are probably not shedding the virus any more (or less for that matter) than normal for you.

The idea of going on to suppression antiviral dosage seems a good suggestion. It will provide extra protection to this potential partner by halving your shedding and chance of an outbreak. 

AlyssaN

Well I'm gonna do the med treatment and see how it goes.  Right now it can't be worse than what's been going on these last couple months.  Do you know why the 3 month limitation? What's the reasoning behind it?  Why not get on and stay on meds?

WilsoInAus
23 minutes ago, AlyssaN said:

Well I'm gonna do the med treatment and see how it goes.  Right now it can't be worse than what's been going on these last couple months.  Do you know why the 3 month limitation? What's the reasoning behind it?  Why not get on and stay on meds?

No real reason as to why it is three months (maybe 90 tablets is the most they prescribe in a single script?). Whether you stay on antivirals I suggest is a matter for your consideration and also your partner's if the you both feel its a sensible risk reduction approach.

AlyssaN
On 6/23/2020 at 7:31 PM, WilsoInAus said:

No real reason as to why it is three months (maybe 90 tablets is the most they prescribe in a single script?). Whether you stay on antivirals I suggest is a matter for your consideration and also your partner's if the you both feel its a sensible risk reduction approach.

Well I'm feeling better.  Probably internal stress of knowing it was time to tell him.  I was more nervous this time, only because I really know he's the one.  Disclosure went superb, he's amazing - and we are committed and ready to really start our relationship.  I started the daily meds this week and feel much better.  Hopefully with the stress off me I'll have smooth sailing for a while.  Thanks for the reply,