World's Largest Herpes Support Group

Miamiwade13

Recently tested positive for hsv2

Miamiwade13
Posted (edited)

Last week I went to the doctor about a  lesion on my penis. I just recently noticed it. When he first looked at it he said it didn't look like herpes or syphilis. It's really smooth no bumps, bleeding, scabs, painful urination or anything. He gave me hydrocortisone to see if it'll clear up and suggested I take an STD test. I took one back in November and was negative on everything. A few days later the office called and said I was negative. Then the next day he said i was positive on hsv2. I just need some advice what do yall think it is. I'll show pictures of it

Edited by Miamiwade13
Adding pictures

Miamiwade13
2 minutes ago, Miamiwade13 said:

Last week I went to the doctor about a  lesion on my penis. I just recently noticed it. When he first looked at it he said it didn't look like herpes or syphilis. It's really smooth no bumps, bleeding, scabs, painful urination or anything. He gave me hydrocortisone to see if clear up and suggested I take an STD test. I took one back in November and was negative on everything. A few days later the office called and said I was negative. Then the next day he said i was positive on hsv2. I just need some advice what do yall think it is. I'll show pictures of it

20200605_210447_compress67_compress23.jpg

Miamiwade13
8 minutes ago, Miamiwade13 said:

Last week I went to the doctor about a  lesion on my penis. I just recently noticed it. When he first looked at it he said it didn't look like herpes or syphilis. It's really smooth no bumps, bleeding, scabs, painful urination or anything. He gave me hydrocortisone to see if it'll clear up and suggested I take an STD test. I took one back in November and was negative on everything. A few days later the office called and said I was negative. Then the next day he said i was positive on hsv2. I just need some advice what do yall think it is. I'll show pictures of it

Screenshot_20200625-182324_Instagram_compress27.thumb.jpg.33e850631835bbbe624fa678be04a6ee.jpg

Arabicguy

Second Photo possible for herpes. Not all the time outbreaks result in blisters, sometimes skin debris and lighter pinc skin. Did he take a swab or blood sample, Swab is more accurate.  if it is herpes, I believe hydrocortisone shouldn't be used.

Miamiwade13
16 minutes ago, Arabicguy said:

Second Photo possible for herpes. Not all the time outbreaks result in blisters, sometimes skin debris and lighter pinc skin. Did he take a swab or blood sample, Swab is more accurate.  if it is herpes, I believe hydrocortisone shouldn't be used.

All he did was a blood sample. I tested negative on everything else. My office called me and said i was negative then he called and said I was positive. You think I should get retested? The second image is from it healing. My partner tested negative so idk how I got positive 

Miamiwade13
2 hours ago, Arabicguy said:

Also the reason the 2nd picture looks like that is because I have on hydrocortisone 

shadowgirl88
4 hours ago, Miamiwade13 said:

Also the reason the 2nd picture looks like that is because I have on hydrocortisone 

I’d get retested. And if you ever have anything else like that on your genitals then go have it swabbed within 72 hours of appearing. 

Miamiwade13
11 hours ago, Arabicguy said:

Yes, I would say get retested

My partner just told me she got retested and came back negative. We have been having sex without protection. Even though I didn't have sores or if I did wouldn't she have it?

Arabicguy
Posted (edited)

It is not necessary that your partner catch it. It could take sometime for her to catch it. Probability is 10% annually if you don't have active sores or even less. But it is possible that the test result was false positive, sometimes that happens, also make sure to get the value reported in the test. So I would recommend repeating the test for peace of mind. You can try a different doctor if you think your doctor might have missed up the results

Edited by Arabicguy

Miamiwade13

That lesion was on there when we were having unprotected sex. Do you think i should try and get retested because i was negative before i met her. She did tell me she used to have hpv 

Arabicguy

Get retested for peace of mind. If negative then the first test was wrong and you just had dermatitis or allergic reaction. If positive you know your status. It is hard to make assumptions without reliable data. 

Miamiwade13
1 minute ago, Arabicguy said:

Get retested for peace of mind. If negative then the first test was wrong and you just had dermatitis or allergic reaction. If positive you know your status. It is hard to make assumptions without reliable data. 

Can dermatitis alter the results of the test? The reason I ask that is because they called me and said both tests came back negative then he called me and said it came back positive. 

Arabicguy

No dermatitis doesn't change the results. 

Miamiwade13
4 minutes ago, Arabicguy said:

Ok i appreciate the advice. I keep looking for my test results to be posted online and they haven't yet and it's been a week since he told me my results. I'm thinking he read the results wrong but I'm definitely going to get retested 

Miamiwade13
On 6/26/2020 at 10:39 PM, Arabicguy said:

Ok so finally I got my results for the hsv2 test I took the first time. What is considered a low positive and what is considered a strong positive? 

Ohsotired2

>0.90=negative

0.90-1.09=equivocal

1.10 or < = positive

i think the low positive range is 1.10-3

Greater than 3 is a strong positive 

Miamiwade13
57 minutes ago, Ohsotired2 said:

>0.90=negative

0.90-1.09=equivocal

1.10 or < = positive

i think the low positive range is 1.10-3

Greater than 3 is a strong positive 

My test result said 1.2 what does that mean 

WilsoInAus
1 hour ago, Miamiwade13 said:

My test result said 1.2 what does that mean 

Whichever test it relates to, it is low and does not confirm anything much. However what were your full test results. You may have up to four results: IgG HSV-1, IgG HSV-2, IgM HSV-1, IgM HSV-2. Sometimes tests are combined and expressed as IgG HSV 1/2 for example. 

On which tests did you get negatives and which did you get the 1.2. Is there a reference range for positive, as mentioned it may be a number like 1.1 for 'positive'?

Miamiwade13
2 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

Whichever test it relates to, it is low and does not confirm anything much. However what were your full test results. You may have up to four results: IgG HSV-1, IgG HSV-2, IgM HSV-1, IgM HSV-2. Sometimes tests are combined and expressed as IgG HSV 1/2 for example. 

On which tests did you get negatives and which did you get the 1.2. Is there a reference range for positive, as mentioned it may be a number like 1.1 for 'positive'?

All I got was a igg for both hsv-1 and hsv-2. For hsv1 I got a .9 and for hsv2 it was 1.2. The reference range said anything over .9 but besides that nothing else 

WilsoInAus
6 minutes ago, Miamiwade13 said:

All I got was a igg for both hsv-1 and hsv-2. For hsv1 I got a .9 and for hsv2 it was 1.2. The reference range said anything over .9 but besides that nothing else 

The test result does not confirm an infection. IgG testing needs to be taken at least 12 weeks post possible infection. 

The test probably confirms that you did not have either HSV-1 or HSV-2 prior to the sexual encounter you describe.

Miamiwade13
3 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

The test result does not confirm an infection. IgG testing needs to be taken at least 12 weeks post possible infection. 

The test probably confirms that you did not have either HSV-1 or HSV-2 prior to the sexual encounter you describe.

So do you think i should get retested again? 

WilsoInAus
1 minute ago, Miamiwade13 said:

So do you think i should get retested again? 

Actually that depends on what your circumstances are... when did you last have sex prior to the lesion occurring? Are you exclusive to that partner through to the present day?

Miamiwade13
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

Actually that depends on what your circumstances are... when did you last have sex prior to the lesion occurring? Are you exclusive to that partner through to the present day?

The last time was June 1st I believe. Haven't done anything since then 

Edited by Miamiwade13

WilsoInAus

Hence was that about 21+ plus days from last sex until the issue on your penis?

If so then herpes is extremely unlikely as a possibility. For a conclusive blood test result, you would need to wait until 1 September to repeat the IgG tests that you had (both for HSV-1 and HSV-2).