World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
lifegoeson234

why Now

lifegoeson234

i dont understand why i am getting cold sores now and i dint before. I have been doing drugs since i think i got this only on weekend mostly when i am out with my buds. i will sniff a bit of coke one night a week drink like a fish when im on the struff about 20 beers smoke some weed and not sleep alot. that has been my weekends for the last year. My first cold sore was last year but i have no had them up until now. I have had them for 2 months and they go away for a week and just come back. I worked out side in the summer 10 hours and day and got really tanned and the sun did not trigger anything i drink one coffee a day and like 4 or 5 cans of coke i am just wonder why all of the sudden i getting them now and before i did not. dose anyone have any ideas.

VVK

Possibly you have progressively weakened your immune system until this point, where the virus can cause outbreaks. Another possibility is that you obtained a different strain of the virus. Could be something to do with your body's hormonal load.. there are many reasons, they don't have to have something to do with your drug or caffeine use. Our bodies change over time and so does the chemical balance.

Caliope

Your immune system is something like a bank account. It works great to make withdrawals when there is plenty available but over time if you keep making withdrawals it will eventually be empty and you won't have what you need to fight off stuff.

Building a healthy immune system is complicated. For your immune system to be maximized you need to provide your body with the things it needs to combat the times you want to break the rules and live it up.

We all need to get a good nights sleep which is 7 hours for most people, drink healthy water to rinse our kidneys and liver of toxic substances and residue from foods, fresh fruits and veggies to super charge our digestive tract and provide vitamins and minerals that help keep our blood and organs healthy.

I don't know that recreational drug use is so very bad unless you never re-charge.

If you find you are getting cold sores more frequently it could be that you need to take some steps to make some additions to your immune systems account.

Perhaps on the week days you can make a point of getting more sleep and eating healthier and choosing water with your meals instead of soda's or sugary drinks. You can even try adding a multivitamin to your daily routine to help boost your nutrition.

lifegoeson234

thanks for the insight guys i was trying to make it my new years resolution to stop smoking cut back on the drinking and stuff like that. caliope i have been reading about Lysine and was wondering if you had any info on them like if i try it out should do i take the pills everyday. I was at the drug store by my house and they had 2 different ones a 1000mg one and a 500mg what one would be better. Also was reading that you need somthing like 1250 mg per day or somthing so if i took 3 500mg a day that would be fine.

Caliope

I take lysine. If you are having an ob it may be helpful.

I get the Country Life brand because it comes in capsules and is natural. Mine are 500 mg. each and I take them sporadically throughout the day. as in one or two in the am and one or two at lunch. I don't take them in the evening because they can effect sleep patterns.

The daily recommended for hsv is 1250 mg. daily. You can take more during an ob.

Lysine is an amino acid found in foods. You can get it naturally. One good source of lysine is dairy foods.

The reason lysine is helpful is that it counters arginine, another amino acid, that seems to feed the herpes virus. The trick is to always keep your lysine/arginine balance slightly tipped towards the lysine. In any event both amino acids are necessary to a healthy immune system and you don't want too much of either one. With herpes too much arginine can contribute to ob's.

Beer is high in arginine.