World's Largest Herpes Support Group

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

• Voyager2
      Sure hope this pans out. 
    • Voyager2
      Don't forget there are two promising vaccines on the prophylactic front (but only pre-clinical): The Trivalent vaccine worked well on guinea pigs:  https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32347775/ The Einstein (Xvax) vaccine also has a ways to go: https://x-vax.com/ The fact HSV529 is in yet another clinical trial is good news for herpsters. 
    • Davrk8
      thank you for the info. I am uncircumcised. I applied some clotrimazole cream during the last outbreak I noticed, which seem to do the trick (around a month ago). But now, there new dots are appearing at a different location on the glans. Wasnt sure if balanitis can come back so soon or if it could be something else. 
    • Josse
      Looks like mild balanitis. If you are uncircumcised then thats normal every now and then due to accumulation of yeast and the irritation of the foreskin
    • MikeHerp
      I think the simple reason is that this is a fund raiser that was started by our community rather than by Fred Hutch.  Or rather, FHC started it in response to our request.   I still think they should somehow feature it in their pages.  But anyway, that's just how they do it. Keep in mind that FHC's main focus is curing cancer.  It's a cancer research institute.  They might feel that putting stuff on their website that isn't directly related to cancer might give people the impression, especially cancer cure donors (who are by far the main donors to FHC), that FHC is losing its focus. So we have to work within these limits.   However, I do draw strength from the fact that FHC has tried to help us with the fund raiser.  Among others: 1.  When the new research paper is released, FHC has gotten an agreement with a prominent sexual health blogger, to promote the research and the fund raiser. 2.  There is another potential promotion in the works that might get back on track if the US is able to get the coronavirus under control. So FHC has actively helped us to promote the fund raiser.
Sign in to follow this  
lennyblastoff

Bx795

Ohsotired2

Is this a study for HSV1 or HSV2? Or ocular herpes?

lennyblastoff
3 hours ago, Ohsotired2 said:

Is this a study for HSV1 or HSV2? Or ocular herpes?

Did you read anything before you made this comment or did you expect me to bird fed you the plate of knowledge I've already provided?

Ohsotired2
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, lennyblastoff said:

Did you read anything before you made this comment or did you expect me to bird fed you the plate of knowledge I've already provided?

I expected your original post to be grammatically correct. If it had been, maybe I would not have asked you to clarify. 
FYI: it’s bird feed. It’s NOT bird fed. 

Edited by Ohsotired2
Addition of info

ManagingIllness

Nice! Thank you for the post

Mikeike39

I have no doubt it works and is safe. However you won’t be able to use this or ever see it come to market.  Many of these research articles make journal and media rounds every year or two. They generate buzz and interest but aren’t allowed to proceed because it would eat away at profits for existing drug markets, or is not patentable and so no one will push it to market for you.  There are also agendas at play, which means you can’t have too many effective treatments or it would ruin future profits on, say, a shitty vaccine. 

the f d a goes out of its way to help pharm companies ban natural remedies because they are competitors, so the pharm industry would never create more competition for itself unless it netted $$$.

welcome to hell - full of hope, which is quickly dashed by the ruling class’ greed

Elephant in the room?
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mikeike39 said:

I have no doubt it works and is safe. However you won’t be able to use this or ever see it come to market.  Many of these research articles make journal and media rounds every year or two. They generate buzz and interest but aren’t allowed to proceed because it would eat away at profits for existing drug markets, or is not patentable and so no one will push it to market for you.  There are also agendas at play, which means you can’t have too many effective treatments or it would ruin future profits on, say, a shitty vaccine. 

the f d a goes out of its way to help pharm companies ban natural remedies because they are competitors, so the pharm industry would never create more competition for itself unless it netted $$$.

welcome to hell - full of hope, which is quickly dashed by the ruling class’ greed

I’ve never been able to fully accept such logic although I believe there is an element to it and absolutely there are financial drivers at play. Not when you’ve witnessed the psychology on the ground to my thinking anyhow...

I get the expression of your dichotomy...

I was watching a clip awhile back about a naturopath fighting a massive ban on natural supplements by the FDA. He stated from his communications the FDA simply seemed to trust Pharmaceutical companies more. Many of them would have HSV... 

I had a great visual analogy on it posted here. Unfortunately it got censored. Possibly as it was in the cure section and it insulted the allopathic kiddies, which wasn’t my intention, possibly maybe due to the thoughtstream in the majority of society that most treatment options should come from the pharmacological approach...so might try my luck on a re-post of it in my grassroots section. 

That said I don’t have the rest of my life to study it... too busy...

And I am meant to be taking a break from this forum...

Edited by Just a human being

lennyblastoff
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mikeike39 said:

Im glad you commented not about the same old song though. We'll see how far they go with the research Dr. Deepak Shukla and his team have been studying bx795 for the last 2-3 years dropping a study every year or so since 2018. This is only they're second one on hsv2 I believe. Also Im sure it wouldn't be impossible for those that have hsv to crowdfound and have research done for us to answer some question kinda like all these breast cancer  or how we've done for fred hutch who asked 50,000 initially and then 100k to test an actual vaccine not an already somewhat of a common compound.

Edited by lennyblastoff

WilsoInAus
11 hours ago, Mikeike39 said:

This is all gibberish.

BX795 is under patent and pharma have a vested interest in it being used if it proves useful. Thus far it is only indicative of being helpful for cells of the cornea. It does nothing known in respect of herpes elsewhere in the body.

Acyclovir is not under patent any more. There are no profits on such a drug.

What natural remedies are you talking about, the FDA does not have the authority nor has it ever banned any natural remedies. You may take any natural remedy you choose (unless it is banned under separate law as an illicit substance). The FDA does play a role in ensuring that the claims any product make are verified, but that is a ban on the claim, which is done through the courts. You are a free person in a free country to try any natural substance you wish.

There has never been a better time to be alive. We have never been healthier, never lived so long or enjoyed a high quality of life. That's as close to heaven as we've ever come.

Mikeike39
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

This is all gibberish.

BX795 is under patent and pharma have a vested interest in it being used if it proves useful. Thus far it is only indicative of being helpful for cells of the cornea. It does nothing known in respect of herpes elsewhere in the body.

Acyclovir is not under patent any more. There are no profits on such a drug.

What natural remedies are you talking about, the FDA does not have the authority nor has it ever banned any natural remedies. You may take any natural remedy you choose (unless it is banned under separate law as an illicit substance). The FDA does play a role in ensuring that the claims any product make are verified, but that is a ban on the claim, which is done through the courts. You are a free person in a free country to try any natural substance you wish.

There has never been a better time to be alive. We have never been healthier, never lived so long or enjoyed a high quality of life. That's as close to heaven as we've ever come.

What are you talking about? Nuclear testing and radioactive drift has caused more cancer. Pollutants in our water supply cause cancer and other illnesses.  Pesticides cause cancer, maybe autism; other issues. I could continue, but the point is we are getting sicker and sicker!  We don’t live in Oz.

do you have a similar fda in aussieland? Ours is corrupt af and a revolving door for pharmaceutical executives who then help their old companies turn huge profits. They they get hired back with a raise.

the fda has banned or tried to ban Kratom, picomilon (pre gaba), chaparral (kills herpes, this is also called larrea tridentata)

generic drugs bring in 100m usd of recenue per yr USA alone.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/205036/proportion-of-brand-to-generic-prescription-sales/

Edited by Mikeike39

shadowgirl88
41 minutes ago, Mikeike39 said:

What are you talking about? Nuclear testing and radioactive drift has caused more cancer. Pollutants in our water supply cause cancer and other illnesses.  Pesticides cause cancer, maybe autism; other issues. I could continue, but the point is we are getting sicker and sicker!  We don’t live in Oz.

do you have a similar fda in aussieland? Ours is corrupt af and a revolving door for pharmaceutical executives who then help their old companies turn huge profits. They they get hired back with a raise.

the fda has banned or tried to ban Kratom, picomilon (pre gaba), chaparral (kills herpes, this is also called larrea tridentata)

https://www.statista.com/statistics/205036/proportion-of-brand-to-generic-prescription-sales/

True. I live in the US and the FDA here is a joke!!!!

WilsoInAus
51 minutes ago, Mikeike39 said:

Then what are you doing about these things? You get the government you vote for.

The FDA has not and cannot ban Kratom, it has issued warnings about unproven claims. Chaparral is a herb and cannot be banned, you are free to consume as much of it as you choose this very day.

Revenue does not equal profit.

shadowgirl88
5 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:
6 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

Then what are you doing about these things? You get the government you vote for.

The FDA has not and cannot ban Kratom, it has issued warnings about unproven claims. Chaparral is a herb and cannot be banned, you are free to consume as much of it as you choose this very day.

Revenue does not equal . They do not have term limits. 

our congress does not have term limits, so it’s not that simple to just “vote them out”  President Trump wants to partially do away with The FDA. But he has to go through Congress, and the senate, which will pitch it as fast as he writes it. 

Shubhherpe
Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, shadowgirl88 said:

our congress does not have term limits, so it’s not that simple to just “vote them out”  President Trump wants to partially do away with The FDA. But he has to go through Congress, and the senate, which will pitch it as fast as he writes it. 

President trump is the only one who can limit the functions of fda. He called fda the biggest job killer and wanted to dismantle it. Better for us!

Edited by Shubhherpe

hk81

If it's a molecule already approved for the market, I suppose it should not take long to approve it for another disease. What is BX795 used for? I haven't found any medicine that uses it..

Beside that, another aspect is the cost factor. A medicine can be very efficient against a disease, but if it is too expensive, the interest in bringing it to commercial use would be lower as a suppressive treatment for something that is not life-threatening

Mikeike39
6 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

It tries to ban Kratom - the cdc tried to change it to a schedule 1 but the backlash was too big. Now big pharma is trying to go through the states to ban it. They are evil.

chaparral was “banned” up until a few years ago - fda pressures folks

to stop selling but can also ban if chooses - https://www.uchicagomedicine.org/forefront/news/herbal-medication-linked-to-liver-failure

kava is an herb that is banned in Canada and Europe.

Elephant in the room?

There are whole lobby groups dedicated to preventing the banning of natural medicine treatments this is no figment of people’s imagination. Whether you think the bans have merit or not is another matter. 

WilsoInAus
11 hours ago, Mikeike39 said:

It tries to ban Kratom - the cdc tried to change it to a schedule 1 but the backlash was too big. Now big pharma is trying to go through the states to ban it. They are evil.

chaparral was “banned” up until a few years ago - fda pressures folks

to stop selling but can also ban if chooses - https://www.uchicagomedicine.org/forefront/news/herbal-medication-linked-to-liver-failure

kava is an herb that is banned in Canada and Europe.

Hang on, Kratom is a mind-altering drug that kills at least 100 Americans each year. It has nothing to do with natural treatments or treating herpes.

Chaparral, again nothing to do with herpes, is no longer considered safe by natural medicine practioners. You can get it if you choose but there is no demand given everyone is concerned about its toxic effects now.

Every known natural supplement that people have suggested might be helpful for herpes is on the 'safe to use' lists. 

But this is all irrelevant @Mikeike39; your just a very angry and confused because you don't have herpes, can't prove to yourself that you have a virus that doesn't cause all the symptoms you claim and isn't worth having.

Promoting mind altering drugs is simply a false escape from dealing and surmounting with the issues that confront us.

iFdUp
On 7/5/2020 at 9:01 AM, Mikeike39 said:

You think the FDA controls the entire globe? 

No one is going to pass up the next biggest thing because they want to stagnate medicine. 

For the exact reason you claim they won't , they will. You know why? The billion dollar + market for typical HSV medication is basically open season for the companies that have already produced and established an effective economic manufacture and supply chain for it. 

If anyone else wants to get a slice of that market share, they need something different from that medication in order to justify any shift in the numbers. 

The likelihood of another company that doesn't produce Valtrex or a variation of it to suddenly start producing Valtrex is low. They wouldn't take the hit on the startup for something that is already 'cheaply' produced en masse. 

They would take the hit on something new or novel that they could start a new industry segment with, however. Do you think maybe something like pritelivir or UB 621 might make 2 billion worth of medications completely out classed?

You really don't think that even one company might try to take out that 2 billion dollar industry that hasn't had any improvement in roughly 30 years? You really think that?

Go spread your negativity somewhere they want to hear it. 

Mikeike39
13 hours ago, iFdUp said:

You think the FDA controls the entire globe? 

No one is going to pass up the next biggest thing because they want to stagnate medicine. 

For the exact reason you claim they won't , they will. You know why? The billion dollar + market for typical HSV medication is basically open season for the companies that have already produced and established an effective economic manufacture and supply chain for it. 

If anyone else wants to get a slice of that market share, they need something different from that medication in order to justify any shift in the numbers. 

The likelihood of another company that doesn't produce Valtrex or a variation of it to suddenly start producing Valtrex is low. They wouldn't take the hit on the startup for something that is already 'cheaply' produced en masse. 

They would take the hit on something new or novel that they could start a new industry segment with, however. Do you think maybe something like pritelivir or UB 621 might make 2 billion worth of medications completely out classed?

You really don't think that even one company might try to take out that 2 billion dollar industry that hasn't had any improvement in roughly 30 years? You really think that?

Go spread your negativity somewhere they want to hear it. 

False.  The fda doesn’t control the world but pharmaceutical giants exert influence around the DEVELOPED world (anywhere science and research is happening).  Most hsv vaccine trials flopped or stopped getting funding 10-15 years ago because they didn’t think it was profitable.  Now, that may have changed, but you still have not seen anything other than acyclovir clones since 1970.  That is 50 years of the same class of drug for the same disease.  

Nobody wants to cure you. Nobody wants to give you a cheap treatment that works.  They do want you vaccinated, but that will likely only help non hsv people. 

I also don’t think having hsv antibodies really helps much because you can still infect other parts of your body even if you already have it, given it is a disease of the nerves. 

Amenamevir is nowhere near close to arriving in this market. It is new and novel.  Explain why?  The pharmaceutical companies use the fda to place barriers to entry (disguised as safety) on newcomers, so that profits are protected.  However they themselves are largely self regulated.  

Mikeike39
18 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

Hang on, Kratom is a mind-altering drug that kills at least 100 Americans each year. It has nothing to do with natural treatments or treating herpes.

Chaparral, again nothing to do with herpes, is no longer considered safe by natural medicine practioners. You can get it if you choose but there is no demand given everyone is concerned about its toxic effects now.

Every known natural supplement that people have suggested might be helpful for herpes is on the 'safe to use' lists. 

But this is all irrelevant @Mikeike39; your just a very angry and confused because you don't have herpes, can't prove to yourself that you have a virus that doesn't cause all the symptoms you claim and isn't worth having.

Promoting mind altering drugs is simply a false escape from dealing and surmounting with the issues that confront us.

Misusing an herb and combining it with dangerous things, and then blaming it on kratom does not make it unsafe, nor does “100 deaths per year “  — you have to look at the toxicity rate per amount of total users. 100 deaths is nothing.

often times the fda will ban herbs under a safety guise “it killed one person, banned.”  But pharmaceuticals kill way more (see opioids, pain meds, etc) and are rarely labeled or banned. This is due to profit expectations and lobbying by those companies.

if you fail to see the bias that is right in front of your face, you really are living in Oz!

Shubhherpe
2 hours ago, Mikeike39 said:

False.  The fda doesn’t control the world but pharmaceutical giants exert influence around the DEVELOPED world (anywhere science and research is happening).  Most hsv vaccine trials flopped or stopped getting funding 10-15 years ago because they didn’t think it was profitable.  Now, that may have changed, but you still have not seen anything other than acyclovir clones since 1970.  That is 50 years of the same class of drug for the same disease.  

Nobody wants to cure you. Nobody wants to give you a cheap treatment that works.  They do want you vaccinated, but that will likely only help non hsv people. 

I also don’t think having hsv antibodies really helps much because you can still infect other parts of your body even if you already have it, given it is a disease of the nerves. 

Amenamevir is nowhere near close to arriving in this market. It is new and novel.  Explain why?  The pharmaceutical companies use the fda to place barriers to entry (disguised as safety) on newcomers, so that profits are protected.  However they themselves are largely self regulated.  

Rational vaccines are the only ones who really cares about our sufferings. They want to help us without an unnecessary delay for which they are working day in and day out. Hopefully we will soon hear some good news from them. They intended to start a trial in london this year. I guess this would be the first herpes live virus vaccine to be tested. The biggest benefit for us is that their vaccine is theraupatic. 

Cas9
31 minutes ago, Shubhherpe said:

Rational vaccines are the only ones who really cares about our sufferings. They want to help us without an unnecessary delay for which they are working day in and day out. Hopefully we will soon hear some good news from them. They intended to start a trial in london this year. I guess this would be the first herpes live virus vaccine to be tested. The biggest benefit for us is that their vaccine is theraupatic. 

No, Rational Vaccines are not the only ones who care. The other researchers are simply following protocol because they're supposed to, not because they don't care. Further, you make it sound like the basic process to go to market has no value.