World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
2Confused

Need answers can someone help me?

2Confused

Hello. I recently went to the doctor because the only sympthons I had was what I thougt to be a skin tag/ hemorhid hanging down that was not allowing me to wipe after bowel movements only to discover that I had herpes. I am so confused becasue all the information I am finding is confusing me. Some say you may never know you have it without testing you will show no signs, others say you stress can bring on an outbreak, some say the first time you have it you will have this painful outbreak with itching, tingling etc..

That is very confusing so my question is I have had flu like systems for years, issues with yeast infections, and break outs on my back and arms for years. I am talking about ten or more. On my arm ( like the elbow section) I get a break out at least 3 to 4 times a year that starts out like little hives then turns into bumps, then blister, they bleed,itc, burst and then scab over? Could that have been herpes my doc diagnois the rashes as eczema.

Now out of nowhere I had this anal and labia blister that really caused no issues but burning when I urinated and when the doc looked at my bottom she said it was scabing over and I had pain for 3 days before I went.

How long can herpes really be in your system.

From September until now i have been under some heavy stress to the point I thought I was having a nervous breakdown could this had final trigger me to have genital outbreak or do you think te genital out break is something new?

Sorry for the long post but I need some answers.

Thanks

austintxee

Herpes is different for everyone. The really isn't a way to know how long you have had it but many people do go without symptoms for a very long time. I am not a dr so I don't know the answers to the rest of the questions but I am sure someone out there does. I just wanted you to know that we are here to support you in whatever ways we can.

VVK

Like austintxee said, herpes manifests itself differently from person to person.. there are many factors that determine the symptoms that occur.

Eczema and herpes can exist at the same time, it is possible to misdiagnose one for the other. However, there are usually obvious differences between the two based on skin appearance. They also respond differently to hydrocortisone that your doc probably prescribed for your eczema. Herpes gets dramatically worse if you apply hydrocortisone, while eczema generally improves. Taking herpes medications should not cause improvement in eczema outbreaks (unless the eczema is infected with the herpes virus). Your doc can usually tell the difference based on how the skin lesions look like.

The herpes virus can be in your system as long as your immune system allows it. With a strong immune system, the virus exists predominantly in a deactivated latent state. Stress definitely plays a role in outbreaks (it inhibits the immune system, so it makes you more susceptible to infections), so it may have contributed to the appearance of your lesions.

I hope that this was somewhat useful. I would suggest looking at nutritional support on these forums. Diet plays a big role in preventing herpes outbreaks. Depending on what type of eczema you have, you may be able to alleviate it by altering your diet too. I strongly recommend that you research both conditions. Feel free to PM me.

rollercoaster38

HSV can lay dormant for 20-30 years without having an outbreak. I've been married for 23 years my husband nor I have have cheated. He was with several girls before we got married and I was only with 1. Of course the odds are he gave it to me, but we are not gonna play the blame game.

One thing I have learned about HSV, nothing is quote normal, everyone is different in the way our bodies react. I just found out the first week in December so I don't know alot about this, I get 99% of my info from this site.

I'm going to a new Dr. today, so hopefully I can get alot of info.

Hold your head up, believe me I know its hard.

2Confused

Thank you so much. I have seen several sites and last night I just stubbled on to this one and I feel bless o have because I realize I am not alone and I am and learning so much from others post. With so many people effective you would think there would be a cure you know. I am praying that there will be one and that I am able to see it in this lifetime.

2Confused

Thanks

Hello and thanks for the respond and answers. I am tell you everything has ran through my mind including suicide. It is something I was making my New Years resoulutions and said I wanted a closer relationship with GOD and get more focused on my goals etc.. and then it was as if the devil heard me and said see if GOD can let you handle this not for the NewYear but for te res of your life.

2Confused

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much. I have seen several sites and last night I just stubbled on to this one and I feel bless o have because I realize I am not alone and I am and learning so much from others post. With so many people effective you would think there would be a cure you know. I am praying that there will be one and that I am able to see it in this lifetime.