World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
diligentone

Length of time after contact?

diligentone

Okay so I slept with a girl on NYE.. about 5 hours later (yes a short time) I felt a tingling in the tip of my penis.. not pain or burning.. just a tingling whenever its touched. It has been 3 days since and the same tingling sensation is still there. However nothing else has happened... no sores or anything (yet). It also feels fine to urinate. Couple questions are:

1. Was it too quick feel something along the lines of herpes?

2. is this normal herpes symptom?

3. Could it just be nerve damaging in the tip?

Im confused and lost and i dont think a doc would do anything without anything to cultivate for tests. anyone can help?

catiesmom

The only thing i can offer is, you're right a doctor couldn't do much. The best he could do is offer you valtrex or something, which might not help anyway. Without active sores, he can't do a swab test, and it's far too soon for you to have antibodies for a blood test. The only other thing he could do is test for OTHER problems (yeast, chlamydia or ghonnorea [sp], etc) to rule those out.

It seems pretty fast for you to have symptoms, but we never say never around here. I wish i could offer more advice... but that's about all i've got :(

diligentone

thanks... I was hoping someone could describe the "tingling" sensation they felt if anyone has felt it before.