Jump to content
World's Largest Herpes Support Group


  • Donate

    If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

  • The Hive is Thriving!

    • Total Topics
      71,452
    • Total Posts
      483,915
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

    Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

  • Posts

    • Voyager2
      Sure hope this pans out. 
    • Voyager2
      Don't forget there are two promising vaccines on the prophylactic front (but only pre-clinical): The Trivalent vaccine worked well on guinea pigs:  https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32347775/ The Einstein (Xvax) vaccine also has a ways to go: https://x-vax.com/ The fact HSV529 is in yet another clinical trial is good news for herpsters. 
    • Davrk8
      thank you for the info. I am uncircumcised. I applied some clotrimazole cream during the last outbreak I noticed, which seem to do the trick (around a month ago). But now, there new dots are appearing at a different location on the glans. Wasnt sure if balanitis can come back so soon or if it could be something else. 
    • Josse
      Looks like mild balanitis. If you are uncircumcised then thats normal every now and then due to accumulation of yeast and the irritation of the foreskin
    • MikeHerp
      I think the simple reason is that this is a fund raiser that was started by our community rather than by Fred Hutch.  Or rather, FHC started it in response to our request.   I still think they should somehow feature it in their pages.  But anyway, that's just how they do it. Keep in mind that FHC's main focus is curing cancer.  It's a cancer research institute.  They might feel that putting stuff on their website that isn't directly related to cancer might give people the impression, especially cancer cure donors (who are by far the main donors to FHC), that FHC is losing its focus. So we have to work within these limits.   However, I do draw strength from the fact that FHC has tried to help us with the fund raiser.  Among others: 1.  When the new research paper is released, FHC has gotten an agreement with a prominent sexual health blogger, to promote the research and the fund raiser. 2.  There is another potential promotion in the works that might get back on track if the US is able to get the coronavirus under control. So FHC has actively helped us to promote the fund raiser.
karla1998

PLEASE READ

Recommended Posts

karla1998

Hi guys!
I decided to come back and update just in case anyone is ever in the same boat as me; my advice is to go straight to a Dr after 9 months of pestering over 8 Drs one finally listened to me and after testing discovered I have skin cancer of the vulva, and I can now receive the correct treatment.
Don't get me wrong I still couldn't get herpes out of my head it kind of became an obsession, but today I had my results from an ELISA test at 10 months, and it was negative again, so I am ready to accept.
I really hope anyone struggling gets the answers soon and wish you all the best I am only posting this because as much as herpes does affect lives massively don't just self diagnose and miss a chance to find a life-threatening cause in time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
karla1998

hi @wsx i had a biopsy of a dark patch of skin turned out to be Vulvar  melanoma.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
horseygal

Thanks for sharing I hope your treatment goes well did you have similar symptoms of herpes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Evaluate

Thank you for sharing your story. It's a very good reminder to all that tunnel vision may be detrimental to overall health; there are certainly other medical issues that can affect genitals and be similar to other diseases/ailments.

Not all doctors are created equal either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
horseygal
17 hours ago, karla1998 said:

hi @wsx i had a biopsy of a dark patch of skin turned out to be Vulvar  melanoma.

its interesting as a specialist in herpes told me that i shouldn't be breaking out as frequently as i have been when on valtrex and said it could be skin cancer, but thought i was too young (i am 36) so confused, but my symptoms are 100% HSV2 and i have had a positive swab too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
karla1998
On 7/28/2020 at 8:17 AM, Evaluate said:

Thank you for sharing your story. It's a very good reminder to all that tunnel vision may be detrimental to overall health; there are certainly other medical issues that can affect genitals and be similar to other diseases/ailments.

Not all doctors are created equal either.

Dont get me wrong I understand tunnel vision I think its the transmission that causes this, I STILL look at me test results and feel doubt.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
karla1998
On 7/28/2020 at 3:31 PM, horseygal said:

its interesting as a specialist in herpes told me that i shouldn't be breaking out as frequently as i have been when on valtrex and said it could be skin cancer, but thought i was too young (i am 36) so confused, but my symptoms are 100% HSV2 and i have had a positive swab too

I am not saying you have cancer and i pray you dont! but if you could have test for other things also try a heavy metal cleanse I still feel weird about my hsv results but I dont know what else i can do my last results are

igg hsv 2 0.8

igg hsv 1 10.2 

the guide says below 20 negative, 20 to 25 borderline more than 25 positive.

elisa test at 31 weeks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
karla1998
On 7/28/2020 at 2:09 AM, horseygal said:

Thanks for sharing I hope your treatment goes well did you have similar symptoms of herpes?

I had yeast infection symptoms then a month later severe swelling and 2 blisters that came and went by the next day, then some paper cuts but i tested positive for severe thrush after the cream i stopped getting the cuts but the feeling of having multiple paper cuts never went away along with itching and i was unable to wear pants for 5 months with out pain, when i would use the bathroom my skin would split i had these cuts swabed it was negative.

its been hell but i came back here as this site was so helpful to me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
horseygal
50 minutes ago, karla1998 said:

I had yeast infection symptoms then a month later severe swelling and 2 blisters that came and went by the next day, then some paper cuts but i tested positive for severe thrush after the cream i stopped getting the cuts but the feeling of having multiple paper cuts never went away along with itching and i was unable to wear pants for 5 months with out pain, when i would use the bathroom my skin would split i had these cuts swabed it was negative.

its been hell but i came back here as this site was so helpful to me

thanks Karla, your condition sounds so painful, thank you for sharing 

i don't get any cuts just blisters and pelvic pain, 

i hope your treatment goes well, big hugs

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.