World's Largest Herpes Support Group

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

• Voyager2
      Sure hope this pans out. 
    • Voyager2
      Don't forget there are two promising vaccines on the prophylactic front (but only pre-clinical): The Trivalent vaccine worked well on guinea pigs:  https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32347775/ The Einstein (Xvax) vaccine also has a ways to go: https://x-vax.com/ The fact HSV529 is in yet another clinical trial is good news for herpsters. 
    • Davrk8
      thank you for the info. I am uncircumcised. I applied some clotrimazole cream during the last outbreak I noticed, which seem to do the trick (around a month ago). But now, there new dots are appearing at a different location on the glans. Wasnt sure if balanitis can come back so soon or if it could be something else. 
    • Josse
      Looks like mild balanitis. If you are uncircumcised then thats normal every now and then due to accumulation of yeast and the irritation of the foreskin
    • MikeHerp
      I think the simple reason is that this is a fund raiser that was started by our community rather than by Fred Hutch.  Or rather, FHC started it in response to our request.   I still think they should somehow feature it in their pages.  But anyway, that's just how they do it. Keep in mind that FHC's main focus is curing cancer.  It's a cancer research institute.  They might feel that putting stuff on their website that isn't directly related to cancer might give people the impression, especially cancer cure donors (who are by far the main donors to FHC), that FHC is losing its focus. So we have to work within these limits.   However, I do draw strength from the fact that FHC has tried to help us with the fund raiser.  Among others: 1.  When the new research paper is released, FHC has gotten an agreement with a prominent sexual health blogger, to promote the research and the fund raiser. 2.  There is another potential promotion in the works that might get back on track if the US is able to get the coronavirus under control. So FHC has actively helped us to promote the fund raiser.
Aubrey77

Running and cycling Diminished due to virus

Aubrey77
Posted (edited)

Since contracting HSV-1,  my ability to run and cycle has diminished. I use to run 10 miles a day and cycle 3 times a week cycling 

at least 30-50 miles. My world is not the same and I just cry and stay in bed most days. I have gained a ton of weight and drove my car into ocean. I lost my value. I do not know how to get back in shape anymore. 
‘My quads hurt most days and my hamstrings. 

Edited by Aubrey77

WilsoInAus
3 hours ago, Aubrey77 said:

Since contracting HSV-1,  my ability to run and cycle has diminished. I use to run 10 miles a day and cycle 3 times a week cycling 

at least 30-50 miles. My world is not the same and I just cry and stay in bed most days. I have gained a ton of weight and drove my car into ocean. I lost my value. I do not know how to get back in shape anymore. 

I’m sorry but this has nothing to do with your childhood HSV-1 infection. 
This has everything to do with your infidelity and not being able to address it.

You need to tackle this head on to regain what is lost.

Aubrey77

Thanks for the the tough love,  interesting I did not know this forum was for judgement and telling me what I  need to do. Please keep your  comments to self. 

Aubrey77

I own my infidelity and do not need your judgement on me. Please do not respond back to me again. I am sure you are not sinless 

WilsoInAus
1 minute ago, Aubrey77 said:

I own my infidelity and do not need your judgement on me. Please do not respond back to me again. I am sure you are not sinless 

What we are in judgment of is your attempt to blame herpes for your ‘woes’ when they have nothing to do it.

You say you own your problem, then do it. Think of the young and the vulnerable who might read your post. 

This forum is for support and we support you and part of that support is a duty of care to everyone and minimising collateral damage while you’re in your current predicament. 
You have done the right thing to reach out. I’ve been where you are and worse. Yet there’s a way back. Message me to explore that further if you feel up for it.

Muscha
Posted (edited)
On 7/28/2020 at 11:45 AM, Aubrey77 said:

Hi @Aubrey77.  As discussed previously,  you were negative for hsv2 on 3 separate tests and when you first tested for hsv1 after only 10 days post exposure was too soon for antibodies to show up in your system.  So the good news is whatever is going on is NOT herpes related.  It's best to not go to Google and self analyze.  Google will have you on  your death bed if you let it.  There are too many people on this website now who are in the same boat as you....No herpes but gripped in fear.  Again, your indescretion is leading you down a path of depression like  behaviours. I hope you can forgive yourself and move on.  You dont have herpes.  Go talk with a counselor.  You have done what you needed to do regarding herpes and received the information you needed to receive to put this hsv business behind you.  Go talk to the right kind of medically trained individual.  It's not here on this site with so many chicken little types running around talking about the sky is falling because they have herpes when they dont.   Please talk with a trained counselor.  I'm hoping for the best for you.

Edited by Muscha

Aubrey77

Thanks Muscha , appreciate your feedback and I know I need counseling. I need to forgive myself and do not know how. I have PTSD from 3 wars and anxiety. I appreciate your advice. 

WSX

Have you talked to a doctor about the issue with your legs? I'm not understanding the connection you are making to HSV.

Aubrey77

Yes I have talked with a doctor and have had blood work done. They can not find what is wrong. Every since I tested positive for HSV-1 my body is not the same. Feel like God is punishing me daily. Thanks for asking 

WSX
3 hours ago, Aubrey77 said:

Yes I have talked with a doctor and have had blood work done. They can not find what is wrong. Every since I tested positive for HSV-1 my body is not the same. Feel like God is punishing me daily. Thanks for asking 

I feel you. My body has not been the same and no cause has been found. 

Muscha
1 hour ago, WSX said:

I feel you. My body has not been the same and no cause has been found. 

His cause is not herpes but I do believe the answer for both is similar.  

Muscha
4 hours ago, Aubrey77 said:

Let's not forget Aubrey that yes you tested positive for hsv1 but only because you tested when you did. Had you tested prior to the exposure you would have been positive for hsv1 as well. 

WilsoInAus
5 hours ago, Aubrey77 said:

Herpes is not a punishment. A person has done nothing wrong in being infected with herpes. You didn’t, your infection is from when you were a wee bairn most likely.

The true god does not punish, that’s just OT glamour. All you need to do is open your heart to Jesus to be saved.

You will not be punished. In the end that’s an excuse in our frailty to not seek atonement. 

And that is the key word here, in atonement, you will be healed.

Cas9
19 hours ago, Aubrey77 said:

No Aubrey, you are punishing yourself.

P.S. There is no invisible man in the sky, and there never was :)

Elephant in the room?
16 hours ago, Cas9 said:

No Aubrey, you are punishing yourself.

P.S. There is no invisible man in the sky, and there never was :)

Why do people take such a literal interpretation to an old text. 

Sure some may refer to it in a very literal sense but many high caliber theologians do not. 

The existence of something other is all around however you may interpret it. 

WSX
On 7/30/2020 at 8:06 AM, Aubrey77 said:

God is not punishing you. Life is cruel.

Aubrey77
Posted (edited)

Walking into doctors praying for  some good news. God I miss my running. Had blood work and MRI done. 

Edited by Aubrey77

Elephant in the room?
1 hour ago, Aubrey77 said:

Walking into doctors praying for  some good news. God I miss my running. Had blood work and MRI done. 

You need to be careful of dyes for MRI s. Really careful. I’d chose not knowing and death over gladium.