World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
jess5287

i just found out i have it, someone..

jess5287

hey i just went to my doctor to get myself checked and i just found out that i have it. i dont even know what to do. im only 16. can someone please give me some advice. i already took stuff for it. and they went away. but like now no guys are going to want to do anything with me if they find out. and now my life is pretty much ruined. even if a guy has a condum on can they stil get it? what did you guys do, did u guys still get with other guys??? helllppp, :(

thanks.

VVK

Hi jess,

HSV+ people can still lead normal lives. Your life isn't ruined, unless you are specifically refering to your sex life - even then, that definitely isn't gone either. Look around these forums, there are many people here like you with similar questions and answers. There is a lot of support here and a lot of information.

Also, look at the statistics - many people have this virus, many aren't aware of it. Those who are H+ can take control of their symptoms, some can eliminate them (although the virus is still dormant in their systems). It may be somewhat more challenging to be intimate and safe with H- people in comparison to H+ people. However, the biggest problem is ignorance of the facts.

In the long run, you are still you, your life isn't ruined. It is important to learn as much as you can about how to manage HSV infection so as to minimize its impact on your everyday life.

jess5287

thanks, i guess my life isnt ruined. but im still worried. like every guy that comes up to me i practically have to turn them down. because of this. I think i might just take a break from guys for awhile =/ but thanks for your help.

austintxee

You need to realize that you are still the same person and you are still worth the attention of men. If you don't think you are worth it, its likely they wont either. There is no reason to have sex to have a good relationship. The only people that need to know are the ones you are going to have sex with, then you can let them decide if they want to take the risk. The man who loves you will still stay with you despite this little bump in the road. If he says he loves you for you, not the sex, he will continue to love you. Tell your future partners and stay positive. Learn to eat better and stay healthier to build your immune system to reduce outbreaks. Your life is not over... you will be much healthier and learn to choose your partners very carefully. If you need anything feel free to PM me. It will get easier.

alwaysalone

I am sorry you have to deal with this thing at such a young age. I would say that maybe you can just sit back and chill until you get a bit older. Take time to enjoy and do good in school. Spend lots of time with your family. The guys will come later and I am sure that you will have no problem with them as you get older. Enjoy the good things in life, at 16 there isn't a guy worth taking on forever anyway, so just kick back and live life. You are still the same person and just as good as you were before, don't let anyone tell you different.

Whatever you do do NOT tell anyone in your school. Don't tell your friends or any one else for that matter. Kids can be horrible and if a rumor gets started you will never hear the end of it. Trust me I know. Sit back and relax.

AA