World's Largest Herpes Support Group

Misterx

Hsv15 vaccine trial: functional cure on its way?

Shubhherpe
3 hours ago, Kurdt01 said:

Ok thanks. I’ve had halfords and Gen3....gen3 made it worse and halfords didn’t do much of anything....I just don’t think therapeutic vaccines are the answer...

Ok so u were one of those 17 halfords participants who completed the trials? Rich mancuso and one lady claims that halfords vaccine did wonders to them, different body different behaviour! 

Kurdt01
55 minutes ago, Shubhherpe said:

Ok so u were one of those 17 halfords participants who completed the trials? Rich mancuso and one lady claims that halfords vaccine did wonders to them, different body different behaviour! 

Yeah, same with gen3, I know a girl in phase 1 and it changed her life for the better. And yeah I was part of the original group on St Kitts. Rich and the original woman seem like the outliers....No one else to my knowledge had such miraculous results.

Edited by Kurdt01

Shubhherpe
3 hours ago, Kurdt01 said:

Yeah, same with gen3, I know a girl in phase 1 and it changed her life for the better. And yeah I was part of the original group on St Kitts. Rich and the original woman seem like the outliers....No one else to my knowledge had such miraculous results.

Rich invests so much of his time and effort in promoting rational vaccines. He won't do that without any reason. One thing i m very sure is that he doesn't receive any money from rational vaccines for doing so. He might have got benefits thats why may be he is promoting that. Plus rational vaccine taking million dollar loans for advancing an ineffective vaccine makes no sense (as thay would have got the data from st kitts trial and if the data would have been bad then they would have already terminated the program)

Kurdt01
29 minutes ago, Shubhherpe said:

Rich invests so much of his time and effort in promoting rational vaccines. He won't do that without any reason. One thing i m very sure is that he doesn't receive any money from rational vaccines for doing so. He might have got benefits thats why may be he is promoting that. Plus rational vaccine taking million dollar loans for advancing an ineffective vaccine makes no sense (as thay would have got the data from st kitts trial and if the data would have been bad then they would have already terminated the program)

Not necessarily on the ‘data’ from st Kitts. They took blood before hand to make sure the participants all actually had herpes… But afterwards it was all self reporting…self reporting can be spun various ways...Not trying to get into that though....I believe that Dr. Halford honestly thought he had something and was trying to help people that desperately need it.… And maybe he did and maybe it will see the light of day eventually… But maybe not. I still think some of us need something more than a vaccine… Even if it’s just medication… Even if a vaccine is approved it won’t be the answer for everyone.

Arabicguy
9 hours ago, Kurdt01 said:

Ok thanks. I’ve had halfords and Gen3....gen3 made it worse and halfords didn’t do much of anything....I just don’t think therapeutic vaccines are the answer...

The trial tries different combinations of dl529 and a new version of gen3. I don't think the concept of therapeutic vaccine is bad, the trick is finding the right target to generate suitable antibodies. Shingrix for example is such a successful therapeutic vaccine that is effective at 90% to prevent reactivation of chickenpox 

Elephant in the room?

As it s publicly documented from what I understand Rich had a very severe case of HSV. He also was never able to obtain relief and had  negative experiences with natural medicine. His subjective experiences form his resolve especially as he gained relief from Hfords vaccine. He and Halford also had a very close relationship. I doubt Rich would have much good to say about myself, and it s a shame as I try to have manners for his heroes, as such it was worth following his page and learning about Rich. Therefore I d choose my words carefully especially when you see how close Halford and Rich were. He does I guess make money from his not for profit??. He promotes it due to his experiences and is a big believer in vaccines. He does what he feels/thinks is best from his own subjective experiences.

Edited by Elephant in the room?
Spelling and sense.

MikeHerp
On 9/9/2020 at 4:28 AM, Shubhherpe said:

That’s probably what Rich wants people to believe. But Rich published a for profit book about his experience and makes money off that. He has a vested interest in this and that is why he has tried so hard to discredit the experience of others in the St Kitts trial who had no benefit or who were hurt by it. That is also why he goes out of his way to spread misinformation about other anti-HSV efforts. 

Regarding RV, I really wish them the best. But the data in the St Kitts trial wasn’t gathered in accordance with the scientific method and those experiments had no third party oversight. That data would not be useful from the perspective of any regulatory agency. 

Edited by MikeHerp

Elephant in the room?
3 hours ago, MikeHerp said:

That’s probably what Rich wants people to believe. But Rich published a for profit book about his experience and makes money off that. He has a vested interest in this and that is why he has tried so hard to discredit the experience of others in the St Kitts trial who had no benefit or who were hurt by it. That is also why he goes out of his way to spread misinformation about other anti-HSV efforts. 

Regarding RV, I really wish them the best. But the data in the St Kitts trial wasn’t gathered in accordance with the scientific method and those experiments had no third party oversight. That data would not be useful from the perspective of any regulatory agency. 

Rich has herpes. He has a severe case of HSV. Not for profits still make profits as do book sales. Maybe he views book sales as a way to support his work in advocacy while doing what he believes is helpful for others. I’ve contemplated a book myself, but no time or means, mainly as I just like art, writing and historical documents and I think what I have done and had to say is of small interest particularly in a wider movement. 

I would say his belief is the driver. Maybe his beliefs cloud his vision? Doesn’t mean I agree with Rich or the RV vaccine  to give a few kind words. Give the same kind words to you Mike.  Rich would rip sheds off me for my opinions in science and medicine as would many in the HSV community. That said putting your full name and face up with the word herpes is brave. Standing up for what you believe in is brave. 

Edited by Elephant in the room?