I am coming up on my first year dealing with HSV-2. I have had a constant slight rash on my lower lip through the year with very frequent outbreaks in my mouth. I had frequency muscle twitches and neuralgia/parasthesia, twitches have reduced but my leg frequent feels the neuralgia.  I have used daily valtrex and famvir throughout the year with no significant effect despite trying higher doses. I have got the Varivax vaccine with an improvement maybe in outbreak frequency but it’s also my first year. I have tried amenivir spending 2k with disappointing results. Currently trying propolis, turmeric, and ginger supplements as well as a bunch of immune boosting supplements. I’ve ordered a bunch of Russian pharmaceuticals: cycloferon tablets, giaferon suppositories, panivir oral spray and the vitagerpavak vaccine. If these are not effective I really don’t know what else to do. I’ve tried steroid cream on my lip but I just makes it worse. Virulite did nothing. I just don’t know what else to try and trying to decide the best way to live my life post diagnosis moving forward. Anyone who can offer some advice or info on new vaccine trials or new med trials would be greatly appreciated.

• 5 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

• Laguna
      Please know that self-administration of SADBE is high risk and can be dangerous. It is promising but the two trial/studies were very small and the rest is anecdotal. So if you are going to use it, then just take full responsibility for yourself and if there are any reactions like severe skin irritation at application site or any other unknown side effects, you will need to be prepared for that. You may not have any reaction.   Also, I have had 2 doctors who I told and both were supportive in my self treatment but one doctor almost lost her mind when I told her I acquired it and self administered. She said in some cases she can refuse to treat because she doesn't know how the medication she prescribes will interact. 
    • Laguna
      Oh no! Getting it from China it comes at 97-98% pure Squaric acid, and diluting it to 2% is the route some of us are taking if it's the only way to get it. It is definitely done at your own risk and with your own research. If you are able to get it from a pharmacy after getting a prescription from a physician then it will come mixed correctly. But every doctor I tried hadn't even heard of Squaric acid or just known of it as a last resort treatment for warts. 
    • Muscha
      If you take it multiple times you can expect the results to vary but Im not sure how wildly it might fluctuate.  If you had taken the test without a breakout, anything under 3.5 could possibly be a false positive.  Since you had a "nice breakout" after a sexual encounter and tested 2.82, I would assume it is not a false positive.  It sounds like your body is responding well with no additional breakouts.  As a consideration, a Western Blot test would be an additional test (very precise) if you are looking for clarity.
    • dont quit!17
      So it doesn't come mixed at the right percentage?
    • dont quit!17
      Is SADBE still effective for you? Thats interesting you went the naturopathic route. It sounds like they are might be more open to ordering meds off label. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.