Recommendations: lauricidin, lysine, St. John's Wort, etc.

Hi everyone! I've had HSV2 for almost 2 years now. I have only been on either Acylcovir or Valcyclovir but I am dealing with issues of constant discomfort including itching. I can never wear tight clothing, even wearing sweats is bothersome, and recently I've been feeling the discomfort 24/7 as opposed to before when it came and went here and there. I am trying to get into yoga and ways to stop stressing. I haven't had an OB since my very first, but I constantly feel tingles.. and I mean constantly. And I have the itching/discomfort daily and it's just unbearable. Impossible to wear underwear. So I am currently on Valcyclovir- I take 800 mg a day, everyday and my doctor put me under the impression that there wasn't really any other method to help ease OB's, discomfort, and pain associated with HSV. She did mention that lysine was an option and I am currently taking 1,500 mg a day, everyday (the brand is from Amazon elements). So far, it's been about 3 or so days since taking the lysine, and I haven't noticed much yet. I am still taking the Valcyclovir. I am willing to be patient with the Lysine but when I began to conduct more research on here, I learned about a ton of other options. I know we are all different, our bodies our different, our situation with HSV is different. But, if you could kindly comment YOUR experiences with any of the following medications, that would be very much appreciated: 

1. Lauricidin- I read great things about this and I actually just made an order of one of the jars from the official Lauricidin website. Has anyone tried this? What are your thoughts? What has it helped with? Side effects? AND MOST IMPORTANTLY- how do you take it /what is your dosage?

2. St. Johns Wort- I have also read good things about it as well but not sure if it's okay to take with the Lauricidin, or if there is a need to take it with the Lauricidin. What are your thoughts? How has it helped, side effect, what is your dosage/method of taking it? And which one do you recommend purchasing?

3. BHT- I am iffy about this one. Some people swear by it, others are skeptical. I'd love to know more and if you could answer the same questions as for 1 and 2, that would be so great. 

4. MCT Oil- saw this somewhere but didn't get much info. Open to any information/comments

5. Coconut oil- I know lauricidin has coconut in it but I also read people sticking to simplicity and just using coconut oil. I wonder if it's best taken orally or if it should be applied topically. I currently have it applied down in my ~vagine~ and I feel soothed but still want input

6. Detergent- should I use a particular cleaning detergent for my laundry? Should I avoid wearing certain material? 

**if I failed to mention something that you love and that has helped you, please feel free to comment as well! i would love to just find a way to either remove all discomfort (if that's even realistic or possible) and keep myself from avoiding OB's**

Thank you all!!  You are all appreciated.

Edited by igivehugs

You mentioned lysine in your title. 1 year ago, during a 2 weeks stay at my parents, I was taking VCV (almost daily, 500mg) and lysine daily (2 half tea-spoons per day). I had a bad outbreak on my hand with 2 awfully swollen fingers. So I'm not totally convinced that lysine does something. Or if it does, it's mild.

I'm taking sporadically vitamin D3 and B12 in high dose (500% - 1000% of the recommended daily dose). I can't say that all my outbreaks are gone, maybe decreased; but I'm also under suppressive therapy now.

I've read and heard about beta-glucan, glutamine, olive leaf oil and propolis, but not tried yet.

lennyblastoff

Idk about any of those I did try monolaurin or something like that which is from coconuts but none helped.

My recommendation to you is to read a few of my old posts which I have scientific studies linked as well and give magnesium, d3 and calcium a try I also highly recommend trans resveratrol or sulforaphane for the itching. also id start drinking a bit of green tea like everyday or throughout the day for a while any questions just ask or look at some of the old threads I've created good luck and god bless

On 2/3/2021 at 9:47 PM, hk81 said:

You mentioned lysine in your title. 1 year ago, during a 2 weeks stay at my parents, I was taking VCV (almost daily, 500mg) and lysine daily (2 half tea-spoons per day). I had a bad outbreak on my hand with 2 awfully swollen fingers. So I'm not totally convinced that lysine does something. Or if it does, it's mild.

I'm taking sporadically vitamin D3 and B12 in high dose (500% - 1000% of the recommended daily dose). I can't say that all my outbreaks are gone, maybe decreased; but I'm also under suppressive therapy now.

I've read and heard about beta-glucan, glutamine, olive leaf oil and propolis, but not tried yet.

Hi there! Yeah I'm not too sure how I feel about the lysine because I can't tell if it's doing much but I also don't know if I gave up on it too soon. What suppressive therapy are you on and how do you feel about it? Do you think your OB's are decreased from the vitamins or the suppressive therapy? Also have you tried out the other things you mentioned yet? If so, let me know! I am trying the lauricidin this week and will keep all updated. 

On 2/4/2021 at 6:02 PM, lennyblastoff said:

Idk about any of those I did try monolaurin or something like that which is from coconuts but none helped.

My recommendation to you is to read a few of my old posts which I have scientific studies linked as well and give magnesium, d3 and calcium a try I also highly recommend trans resveratrol or sulforaphane for the itching. also id start drinking a bit of green tea like everyday or throughout the day for a while any questions just ask or look at some of the old threads I've created good luck and god bless

Hi there! So prior to this post, I had done thorough research from all the old posts out there and that's how I gathered all of those items listed. I will definitely go through and read through the scientific studies you linked. 

For the magnesium, d3, and calcium, what do these help with and what dosages do you recommend and how have these worked for you? 

And for the trans resveratrol or sulforaphane, how much for dose and are they topical or oral? I'll try out the green tea! What does that do? Thank you for your respond!! God bless you. 

lennyblastoff

the way hsv works in laymen terms is it forces your cells to release calcium which causes most of the issues insued those 3 combined help replenish and use calcium efficiently k2 helps as well you could look at the coimbra protocol for multiple sclerosis they have the same affect

The other two slow the replication normal human doses for any of these is fine the res or sul maybe one or two a day.....all your other questions are answered in my other post

the way hsv works in laymen terms is it forces your cells to release calcium which causes most of the issues insued those 3 combined help replenish and use calcium efficiently k2 helps as well you could look at the coimbra protocol for multiple sclerosis they have the same affect

The other two slow the replication normal human doses for any of these is fine the res or sul maybe one or two a day.....all your other questions are answered in my other post 

37 minutes ago, lennyblastoff said:

I'm not sure HSV forces cells to release calcium... what cells, what calcium, how?

lennyblastoff
3 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

I'm not sure HSV forces cells to release calcium... what cells, what calcium, how?

Google it, should be common knowledge by now

5 minutes ago, lennyblastoff said:

Google it, should be common knowledge by now

Sadly it isn't that common at all, please link to a few sources, we don't want fake information here.

2 hours ago, Graph14 said:

I blocked WilsolnAus. He is nothing but a pest. He loves to stir the pot and get everyone agitated.

I see you weren’t able to add any links.

The only pests here are people like yourself who carry on about symptoms and treatment when they don’t actually have herpes. Please reflect upon why you feel the need to participate in this website.

@igivehugs about the suppressive therapy: I take 400mg Acyclovir twice a day. It doesn't give me any problem with the stomach.

About the efficacy: some of the symptoms disappeared, some other decreased in intensity or frequency, some others didn't disappear at all.

The ones that didn't disappear are on my hands: more than once in a week I get diffused inflammations, erythemateous macules and under skin blisters (they hardly come on the external layer of the skin, since it's too thick. But they are very painful to the touch, they last for 2 - 3 weeks. When they start healing, a new one appears nearby, like if some replicas of the virus managed to escape from the immune system).

So I assume that I clearly have some mutated viruses that are resistant to ACV.

I don't think that the vitamins helped for the biggest part, because when I was taking them without ACV, my symptoms were worst

3 hours ago, hk81 said:

@igivehugs about the suppressive therapy: I take 400mg Acyclovir twice a day. It doesn't give me any problem with the stomach.

About the efficacy: some of the symptoms disappeared, some other decreased in intensity or frequency, some others didn't disappear at all.

The ones that didn't disappear are on my hands: more than once in a week I get diffused inflammations, erythemateous macules and under skin blisters (they hardly come on the external layer of the skin, since it's too thick. But they are very painful to the touch, they last for 2 - 3 weeks. When they start healing, a new one appears nearby, like if some replicas of the virus managed to escape from the immune system).

So I assume that I clearly have some mutated viruses that are resistant to ACV.

I don't think that the vitamins helped for the biggest part, because when I was taking them without ACV, my symptoms were worst

No, what you are describing is not related to herpes, I am pretty sure it is one of a couple of things, but I think it is best for you to get to a doctor for a proper diagnosis.

It is highly unlikely that any of your symptoms are related to herpes.

I'm not sure about that. 1 year ago I've had a PCR that resulted in an equivocal for HSV2. The liquid from the blister was not much and the nurse disinfected all my hand before swabbing (that's a good idea to destroy the virus).

The erythemateous macules are nothing more than a reaction of the immune system to something in the skin. Autoimmune or pathogen, the symptoms can overlap in similarity.

https://www.skinsight.com/skin-conditions/adult/herpetic-whitlow

outbreaks look exactly like the first picture. It is quite evident that whitlow implies blisters under the skin.

For me it's quite clear that it is herpes, seeing how similar it is to some of these pictures. And therefore the inflammations and macules are prodromal symptoms. It they turned into blisters, it would be horrendously painful, as they tend to be quite diffuse.

It seems to be also a bad case of resistance, since ACV not only is not able to suppress it, but it doesn't even reduce the length of the outbreak, that lasts as much as a primary infection.

@hk81 you have to be very careful with those throw together websites, they fool a lot of people. They are not necessarily written by medical professionals and do not have correctly diagnosed condition images.

Several of those pictures are not of herpes whitlow but of other conditions. The first picture you refer to is probably not of herpes whitlow. It is also indistinguishable from other conditions such as warts(HPV), keratosis and other conditions that I see on that website too.

Almost undoubtedly you have one of these other conditions. The reason why antivirals have no impact is because it is not herpetic in your case.