Herpes? Or something else?

Hey everyone, 

I had unprotected sex 2 weeks ago, and noticed what I thought was a pimple or ingrown hair at the base of my penis about 3-4 days later. At first I didn't think anything of it, because I had done some shaving as well. But I'm now starting to get worried. 

Besides the red spot, I have felt the need to urinate more frequently, which is what made me start thinking something else was going on. 

I do have an appointment with a doctor next week to get tested regardless, I'm just panicked now. 

The spot never blistered, it has just been a red lump with what looked like a white head pimple. I did pop it not thinking, and what came out was a white solid like a pimple. It has only been this one spot as well. 

Does this look like it could possibly be herpes?

1.1.jpg

Hello Bd2132, it does look like herpes. But to be completely sure get tested. That's the only way to be 100% sure. Hope things turn out well for you. If you do have herpes just remember there are a lot of people on this cite that will help you. Blessed be

Herpes blisters typically are clear fluid filled. Also, you would typically have more than a singular blister. I lean away from it being herpes.

Edited by Cas9
On 2/26/2021 at 12:50 PM, Cas9 said:

Herpes blisters typically are clear fluid filled. Also, you would typically have more than a singular blister. I lean away from it being herpes.

It also is not, and never was a blister. Just inflammation, with what I would describe as solid white pus. It is firm to the touch, and visually has not changed since I first noticed it about 12 days ago. 

And from what I've read over the past few days, I don't have any other symptoms of herpes. I'm hoping you're correct, and it's something else. 

4 hours ago, Bd2132 said:

It also is not, and never was a blister. Just inflammation, with what I would describe as solid white pus. It is firm to the touch, and visually has not changed since I first noticed it about 12 days ago. 

And from what I've read over the past few days, I don't have any other symptoms of herpes. I'm hoping you're correct, and it's something else. 

If it has not changed in appearance in 12 days, that makes it practically zero chance for herpes.  Herpes moves through its various stages quickly.  It does not stay in a constant state like you describe.  Try to relax.  If truly worried  show your health care provider for reassurance but Im sure they will tell you this is not herpes.

On 2/27/2021 at 7:10 PM, Muscha said:

If it has not changed in appearance in 12 days, that makes it practically zero chance for herpes.  Herpes moves through its various stages quickly.  It does not stay in a constant state like you describe.  Try to relax.  If truly worried  show your health care provider for reassurance but Im sure they will tell you this is not 

That is good to hear! I have my appointment this evening, so hopefully they agree it is something else. It has not changed in appearance since Friday when I originally posted also.