OB after Pfizer Vaccine

Hey everyone, 

Wanted to get some insight on having first major OB after 3 years, the day after getting Pfizer vaccine. I must mention that I got COVID last December around the holidays (the two weeks students usually get off for winter break). I got the vaccine on Friday night (Feb 26), and woke up with horrible pain in my genital area the following day. I connected the dots together and got antivirals today. Symptoms yesterday were simply pain in the general genital area, today one side of my labia is swollen along with a small part of the other side of the labia, and pain in one side of the genital area where the fold is between the thigh and genital region. Now I haven't had an outbreak this. bad since the first one, and subsequent OBs have been minor with only one herpe each subsequent occasion (only had maybe 2-3 outbreaks since first diagnosed and usually in the thigh region between my legs). Has anyone else experienced this? I'm in horrible pain (more psychological than anything, just anticipating the pain that I had on my first OB when I was trying to figure out what was wrong with me along with wiping every time I go to the restroom - the area is sooo tender). I'll post subsequent updates as I progress with this OB I'm just really upset by this to be honest, wish there would have been a warning or something so I could have taken antivirals ahead of time. If anyone else is experiencing this - you are not alone.

dont quit!17
20 hours ago, n0v0c41n3 said:

Hey everyone, 

Wanted to get some insight on having first major OB after 3 years, the day after getting Pfizer vaccine. I must mention that I got COVID last December around the holidays (the two weeks students usually get off for winter break). I got the vaccine on Friday night (Feb 26), and woke up with horrible pain in my genital area the following day. I connected the dots together and got antivirals today. Symptoms yesterday were simply pain in the general genital area, today one side of my labia is swollen along with a small part of the other side of the labia, and pain in one side of the genital area where the fold is between the thigh and genital region. Now I haven't had an outbreak this. bad since the first one, and subsequent OBs have been minor with only one herpe each subsequent occasion (only had maybe 2-3 outbreaks since first diagnosed and usually in the thigh region between my legs). Has anyone else experienced this? I'm in horrible pain (more psychological than anything, just anticipating the pain that I had on my first OB when I was trying to figure out what was wrong with me along with wiping every time I go to the restroom - the area is sooo tender). I'll post subsequent updates as I progress with this OB I'm just really upset by this to be honest, wish there would have been a warning or something so I could have taken antivirals ahead of time. If anyone else is experiencing this - you are not alone.

I'm sorry about your outbreak but as a Pfizer recipient that vaccine is potent and harsh with side effects. Wait until you get the second dose. 

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the input, I definitely did not know that prior to getting it

I did want to input that I still only have the labia swelling but it hasn't progressed any further.

Edited by n0v0c41n3
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/1/2021 at 9:52 PM, n0v0c41n3 said:

I did want to input that I still only have the labia swelling but it hasn't progressed any further.

How did things go? I hope you are feeling better 

Mconcerned1987

I don’t know what happened to me I tested negative all the time but I am having bad sensations in my genitals since taking Pfizer shot. I am feeling so weird all in my body, genital itching, tingling and also my existing g symptoms got worse. I am just frustrated and irritated at the moment. 

• 2 weeks later...
Mconcerned1987
On 3/1/2021 at 9:52 PM, n0v0c41n3 said:

Did u get a swab done to know the virus became active? After two weeks of vaccine I started having genital itching burning and irritation in genital areas. I am not sure what is going on with my body. Did u swab it? 

So glad to find this! I am currently having an outbreak that started tingling ~3 days after my first Pfizer vaccine and am suspicious that they could be related too.

I get my outbreaks on the center back of my thigh, about 6 inches above the knee crease. My doc has previously visually diagnosed it as HSV and we are currently waiting for viral swab results from this most recent manifestation...very curious to see what comes back!

Did you have a blood test and western blot? 

I had bad itching and irritation in genital areas and after some time I ended up masturbating and my genitals felt raw at that time and a day or two days later I developed redness under my penis head and constant irritation I applied hydrocortisone cream and felt better. Felt the head to be sore and still sore but did not see any blisters. I am not sure what the fuck is wrong. This happened in 4 hours after my Pfizer second shot..