Did COVID-19 vaccine trigger your outbreak? (survey)

StayStrongOk

Hello everyone. Hope you are doing fine.

This question is for people who have already taken COVID-19 vaccine shot (1/2/any dose).

1. Did you get your Herpes outbreak after you get the shot and you are convinced it was the vaccine that triggered it?

2. Which variant of the vaccine you took? (Pfizer / AstraZeneca / Sputnik / etc.)

3. Do you advice taking Herpes antiviral before getting the vaccine?

In my country it is encouraged to take the vaccine but not compulsary. I never noticed HSV outbreak on myself but tested positive with Igg HSV1. I am not wishing to start getting outbreaks. I know many people have HSV1 that would have taken the vaccine but I still want to hear the experience from people here. I have registered for the vaccine btw and hoping to continue my decision to proceed.

Thank you.

Hello "StayStrong"..... I received both my shots of the COVID vaccine (each shot was 3 weeks apart)....I had second shot done the first week of March .... I received the Pfizer vaccine.... I did not have any HSV outbreak (I have HSV2) after either shot.  I continued taking my daily suppressive antiviral (famvir) before, during and after my shots as usual.    I have not heard or read any information saying the COVID vaccines can trigger an HSV outbreak.... let's see if others that may read this can provide their reactions (or lack of) following their vaccinations....

7 hours ago, StayStrongOk said:

Hello everyone. Hope you are doing fine.

This question is for people who have already taken COVID-19 vaccine shot (1/2/any dose).

1. Did you get your Herpes outbreak after you get the shot and you are convinced it was the vaccine that triggered it?

2. Which variant of the vaccine you took? (Pfizer / AstraZeneca / Sputnik / etc.)

3. Do you advice taking Herpes antiviral before getting the vaccine?

In my country it is encouraged to take the vaccine but not compulsary. I never noticed HSV outbreak on myself but tested positive with Igg HSV1. I am not wishing to start getting outbreaks. I know many people have HSV1 that would have taken the vaccine but I still want to hear the experience from people here. I have registered for the vaccine btw and hoping to continue my decision to proceed.

Thank you.

I have had my flu and Moderna shot and I have not had any outbreaks. It does not seem to agitate my GHSV2. I have had herps for more years than I can count. I do recommend getting vaccinated for yourself and others around you. Just my opinion.

Stay safe, Aces ;)

IcantThinkofaName

I was also worried about the vax triggering an OB .

I got the first dose of Moderna and I did NOT have an OB or any HSV symptoms, not even a tingle or twinge. I am not on any suppressives either. My immunologist friend told me that, if anything,he thought  the Vax would ramp up ones immune system and that one would not get an OB because of that.

I did have mild symptoms from the vax though, some nausea/queezy feeling, and leg cramps and a general not well feeling,slept  12 hours, but again, all mild, nothing major. Sore arm at injection site, maybe mild to moderate.

StayStrongOk

Hi @IcantThinkofaName, thanks for responding. Glad you didn't get an outbreak after the vax.

I think those you mentioned are regular side effects after taking the vaccine. Increased new immune activity in the body causes tiredness.

Anyone has taken the AstraZeneca vaccine? I might be getting this shot in my country.

• 2 weeks later...

I first found out I was exposed to hsv2 in early January. I never had an outbreak that I knew of. I had my 1st moderna shot March 14 and my 1st hsv2 outbreak a couple days later.  it was very minor.  I took valtrex and it cleared in 3 or 4 days. I had my 2nd moderna shot April 14. I had a minor out break the next day. I took valtrex and was gone in 2 days. I  suppose it could be coincidence but...after my 2nd outbreak I strongly suspected a tie. I wouldn't let this affect my decision to get the vaccine. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

• WilsoInAus
      Hi @bme2020 there's a few things to consider here. Two equivocals with no outbreaks is almost invariably negative. The chances of you having genital HSV-2 are quite remote. Let's assume a person does have genital herpes and uses tweezers. It is very unlikely for enough on the virus to transfer to the tweezers. Further, exposure to oxygen kills the virus. Hence you can expect in most practical circumstances the virus to be viable for only seconds to minutes. Let's no go into what would have to happen at the other end as well to actually infect someone - they'd pretty well have to jab into a nerve!
    • 6dude0
      I first found out I was exposed to hsv2 in early January. I never had an outbreak that I knew of. I had my 1st moderna shot March 14 and my 1st hsv2 outbreak a couple days later.  it was very minor.  I took valtrex and it cleared in 3 or 4 days. I had my 2nd moderna shot April 14. I had a minor out break the next day. I took valtrex and was gone in 2 days. I  suppose it could be coincidence but...after my 2nd outbreak I strongly suspected a tie. I wouldn't let this affect my decision to get the vaccine. 
    • WilsoInAus
      Hey @Mard3 the most important ingredient to reducing transmission chances is knowledge of your infection. Where the infected person is using this knowledge to avoid sexual activity during actual and potential outbreaks, then transmission chances are quite low indeed. In these circumstances, female to male transmission is about a 4% chance over a whole year of sex. Hence even over three years the chance is still quite low. It is lower still if condoms are used for example and if you are taking antivirals. Of discordant couples, about half will go their whole married lives together without transmitting at all!!
    • bme2020
      Hello all!    This may seem like a crazy question. But my mind is spiraling in the whats if’s. I have tested equivocal for HSV2 twice with no obvious OBs.  So I’m not even sure my status, but any itch, twitch, weird bump, etc I get sends me over the edge every time. Anyways, last week I felt a pimple/bump on the left side of my vulva. If you weren’t feeling for it, you wouldn’t know it was there really. It was a small bump (like half of a pea size). Pretty much skin color. So I investigate and of course try to pop it and pick it like I should not do! Lol.  Nothing really came out. I thought I saw a little hair or something so I got tweezers and picked at it. Couldn’t get anything and just irritated it more. Fast forward two days and it’s gone and healed.    The tweezers I used were my family members. I truly can’t remember if I cleaned them off or not before putting them back, I was so panicked. Today she said she has a cold sore on her mouth. She has always had oral cold sores so this isn’t a new thing for her. But in my mind I’m panicking connected the two. What are even the chances that say what i was picking at the tweezers with WAS HSV, and she then used them around her mouth, could get she the HSV2 that I maybe have? It would have been over 24 hrs from the time I used the tweezers to when she possibly could have (and again, i don’t even know if she’s used them, I’m just freaking out about what if she did!) is this even possible? To transmit HSV from infected tweezers if someone uses them near their mouth?    I know it’s all a bunch of what if’s but hopefully someone can provide some insight on this. Thank you! 
    • Mard3
      I have dated the same guy for 3 years and some how he has not gotten it. I'm wondering how that is possible? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.