Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alwaysalone

Epsom Salt in the bath tub.

8 posts in this topic

I am a very paranoid person when it comes to handling my soars. Last night I did the salt bath tub trick and it was nice. Warm water and 2 cups of epsom salt and I was good to go. I had also just worked out so it was pretty relaxing. I soaked for a good half hour I think. When you do it call a buddy and chat while you sit there to kill time or read a book.

Today I feel great. My soar is not so bothersome and even my muscles feel good. It's a little itchy, but I'll take that over pain any day! Anyways it didn't hurt at all and I think it works great. I don't have insurance so these kinda things are the only things I have. ( valtrex is too much money).

Hope this helps.

AA

Thanks for the advice... I have used it, too and it works well. It seems to dry them up a bit so there isn't as much pain and they heal faster!

I'm glad the epsom salts helped you! I had to laugh when you said to call a friend or read while soaking, because I often use soaking time to talk on the phone. When my friends hear the water they ask me if I'm in my office? (our lil joke) :lol:

I bought a really large glass jar and filled it with epsom salts, and to make it look artsy in my bathroom I put a couple of glass floats and sea shells in the jar.

I'm wondering why epsom salts help so much. Is it because they clean the area and disable bacteria on the sores, thus preventing secondary infection?

I love salt baths too

It is because the salt drys them out. I have always been a fan of long soaks, and how they revive and transform my spirit. Now they do dubble duty by calming me and drying up my sores. Also if you have an outbreak coming on it can stave it off.

Epsom salts draw out toxins from the body...and at the same time they replenish the body with magnesium. Part of the reason your body feels relaxed is from the magnesium soaking into your muscles and tissues.

Shayna I like your idea of the big jar full of Epsom Salts with the shells and such added. I just may copy your idea.

I use Epsom Salts baths regularly for both muscle aches and to get rid of minor hsv symptoms.

Magnesium has many benefits and it is not the easiest of minerals to get from our diets or from supplements. The supplements tend to be large and uncomfortable to swallow. You can absorb it through the bath water as long as you use it alone and don't have soap to interfere with absorption. Note: deficiencies of magnesium can lead to some pretty significant health problems.

Years ago I was bitten by a cat and soaking my hand in warm Epsom Salt water stopped the pain immediately and kept it from getting infected.

People with Diabetes should not soak in Epsom Salts without first consulting their dr.

Hey Caliope,

Please do ;) ...I think you'll like the look! Target and Pier One's have great jars to choose from.

I had no idea about epsom salts and diabetes! Thank you for that information! My sister is very ill with diabetes and I will make sure she is aware of that.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• Prettypony
      I was unfortunately diagnosed just as I was starting a new relationship with a fantastic guy. I thought for sure he'd head for the hills when I told him, but he surprised me and said "I've been through way worse, herpes is not the end of the world, its not a big deal, and it definitely is not a deal breaker for me. I am not going to leave you ." So have faith, there are really good, understanding men out there, who will not have an issue with this. As for disclosing, I wouldn't disclose to anyone that you do not have a serious relationship with, unless you are considering continuing to have a sexual relationship with them, then you should disclose. Give them the facts, and then let them decide if they want to continue the relationship. Suppressive therapy, and the use of condoms greatly reduces your risk (less then 2% chance) of spreading this to male partners. You will still have a sex life, and you will always find someone to share your life with regardless of the hsv. 
    • WilsoInAus
      The reason is that type may be at issue if the swab was not correctly typed. HSV-2 may have just been assumed given the genital location. However given you have had just the one outbreak and oral sex was involved, then HSV-1 may be a possibility.  HSV-1 is something your partner could have had since childhood. I would also suggest that your partner could get a blood test straight away and this will help you understand what types were at risk.
    • WilsoInAus
      First of all let's have a think about your diagnosis.  Did you have a swab or blood test and what were the results?
    • Marian
      Hi,   I am a female in my early 20's and i was just diagnosed with Herpes. I have multiple partners and don't usually use condoms. There was an unfortunate event that happened where i was drunk and wasn't totally aware when i was having sex as i forget things when i am too drunk. I knew the person but not too well.  He was aware i was drunk and i only remember vivid moments that night. I am sure it was that guy. I just don't know how to come to terms with this. It was my mistake, i know and i accept. But the most problem i'm worried about is future partners or partners i'm already seeing of how to tell them and how to go on with having sex. 
    • Marian
      Hi,   I am a female in my early 20's and i was just diagnosed with Herpes. I have multiple partners and don't usually use condoms. There was an unfortunate event that happened where i was drunk and wasn't totally aware when i was having sex as i forget things when i am too drunk. I knew the person but not too well.  He was aware i was drunk and i only remember vivid moments that night. I am sure it was that guy. I just don't know how to come to terms with this. It was my mistake, i know and i accept. But the most problem i'm worried about is future partners or partners i'm already seeing of how to tell them and how to go on with having sex. 
    • Queenbeevivian
      Same here my camera doesnt pick up the details, they r very small almost like the tip of a pin and looking at it w my eyes barely looks like anything is there. But i can feel it. Mine is hsv 1, got it from oral sex. It doesnt cause much problems,  but it seems like i get 1 tiny one every 3 to 4 weeks which im confused abt bc i should have some kind of my own antibodies build up from oral hsv. 
    • lucky_lucy
      I just joined because I read about your topical anti-viral lip balm use. I have been drinking colloidal silver to try and suppress the activation of my cold sores, but I'm still getting 1 every 2-3 months.....  They seem to not last as long as they did before I was drinking colloidal silver, but sometimes I still get a good week's worth... I'm excited to try any type of daily "anti-viral" application regimen. Do you think they (cold sores) will ever become "immune" or more resistant to the docosanol?  I always feel like viruses can become tricky and adaptable like that.  I subconsciously feel like they're getting around my silver therapy, little by little.  Glad to hear that your going on such a long streak, I would almost cut my pinky finger tip off for a full years break & the whole pinky finger to have them gone for good. My cold sores really need to take a Long vacation from me, preferably with no return ticket home.
    • Blahdittilyblah
      If you have HSV 2 genital and your partner performs oral on you then there is a risk of transmitting HSV 2 to the partners oral area. But if your HSV 2 and just kissing on the lips i.e. the mouth then no you won't transmit HSV 2 to your partner, only direct skin to skin contact with the infected area. Keep in mind a lot of people are HSV 1 positive so maybe your partner should get checked to make sure HSV 1 oral isn't passed to you by kissing or vice versa . 
    • Scooter72
      I've been working alot lately in long hours and hot days and been realizing I've had more and more outbreaks from my kind of work. Any suggestions on what I can do or take to help prevent outbreaks from occurring often. It's an annoyance working a long hot day and having to deal with my irritation of my outbreak. 
    • MissPriss
      Hi Richie,   I looked at the site you recommended.  I'm glad it worked so effectively for you. It doesn't really specify the active ingredients on the site, that I could find other than: " Natural-based protein". Does it have any more information on the label of the product you purchased?  I'm interested in how proteins could help cold sores, but that seems pretty vague. Thanks
  • Featured