Since getting this virus I no longer have an appetite you know how when you get hungry you develop hungry pains. I don't get those anymore. Has anyone else experiencing that as well. Please help me to understand what is happening to me.

4 hours ago, Desiree said:

Since getting this virus I no longer have an appetite you know how when you get hungry you develop hungry pains. I don't get those anymore. Has anyone else experiencing that as well. Please help me to understand what is happening to me.

This has nothing to do with herpes. I have replied to another post where we can explore your immune disorders further if you like.

On 11/21/2021 at 4:36 PM, WilsoInAus said:

This has nothing to do with herpes. I have replied to another post where we can explore your immune disorders further if you like.

OK yes I would but I was diagnosed with having hsv2 ...I have read where it causes itching tingling and burning of the skin...but I'm open 

31 minutes ago, Desiree said:

OK yes I would but I was diagnosed with having hsv2 ...I have read where it causes itching tingling and burning of the skin...but I'm open 

But being diagnosed with HSV-2 does not mean that everything that happens to you is related. Also having HSV-2 does not mean you don't develop unrelated ailments/disorders etc.

What you are referring to is prodrome that is very concentrated in a spot where an outbreak follows within hours. Herpes does not cause a general, persistent tingle or burn of the skin otherwise.

9 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

But being diagnosed with HSV-2 does not mean that everything that happens to you is related. Also having HSV-2 does not mean you don't develop unrelated ailments/disorders etc.

What you are referring to is prodrome that is very concentrated in a spot where an outbreak follows within hours. Herpes does not cause a general, persistent tingle or burn of the skin otherwise.

Can you do me a favor and go to these websites www.academic.oup.com , www.ncbi.him.nih.gov .www.hindawi.com heroes simplexvirus ulcerative colitis and get back with me...

10 minutes ago, Desiree said:

Can you do me a favor and go to these websites www.academic.oup.com , www.ncbi.him.nih.gov .www.hindawi.com heroes simplexvirus ulcerative colitis and get back with me...

Yes I am quite familiar with that... but that is the point of why I asked the other question... what immunosuppressants are you taking for what immune disorder? Have you had an anal swab, colonoscopy etc.?

Can you do me a favor and go these websites than get back with me, herpes simplex virus complicated ulcerative colitis www.academic.oup.com, www.ncbi.nim.nih.gov, www.hindawi.com

Just now, Desiree said:

Can you do me a favor and go these websites than get back with me, herpes simplex virus complicated ulcerative colitis www.academic.oup.com, www.ncbi.nim.nih.gov, www.hindawi.com

See above.

10 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

Yes I am quite familiar with that... but that is the point of why I asked the other question... what immunosuppressants are you taking for what immune disorder? Have you had an anal swab, colonoscopy etc.?

I was taking valtrex 2grams a day and I had a colonoscopy showing inflammation and ulcer like sores throughout the colon and mild inflammation in the stomach....when you ask about immunosuppressant what do you mean.Saw a Infectious disease doctor yesterday and she said she has never heard of herpes simplex virus complicated ulcerative colitis and the biopsy of the tisie is showing negative for cmv and the other virusus...but I know it is related .....

Hey @Desiree may I ask why are you taking 2g of Valtrex a day? How did you learn you have HSV-2?

I am not surprised your doctor has not heard of it. There is no convincing evidence that herpes viruses can actually cause the issue. CMV is implicated but it is unknown if this is the cause or whether it is opportunistic in its appearance. What you have read is only a case study and is not fact. It is written to encourage doctors to be on the lookout in case something emerges surrounding HSV-2, but it hasn’t.

Your tissue sample is conclusive, herpes is not the cause of your issue - the odds of it doing so were low in n the first place (CMV is present 5-15% of the time and as I say unknown if it’s a cause, a cofactor or an innocuous passenger).

Hence You need to continue to work with your doctor toward diagnosis and resolution. Please don’t guess at stuff, it really won’t help you recover.