Can herpes never blister?

NamessMonster

So I was diagnosed with HSV1 last year and that I know of I’ve never actually had an outbreak. Probably dormant for many years. But I do have a question about some herpes scares I’ve had but had decided are not herpes based on the supposed life cycle of a herpe/cold sore. I’ve had areas of my mouth next to my lip or chin sometimes turn slightly red and feel irritated, it’s even been rounded or ever so slightly raised for like a day but they never ever fill with fluid, burst or scab over. It just resends, itches or slightly burns and then goes away. My thought is it’s probably related to shaving, eczema or all sorts of other things, but it makes me nervous to kiss people any time around when anything of the sort pops up. 

long story short, can you have a cold sore/herpes sore on your face that never fills with fluid or scans/becomes an open sore? I sometimes put carmex on them, would that stop them from fully forming? 

thanks!

Edited by NamessMonster

It’s also of note that something like this popped up next to the right side of my mouth, vanished in two days and now I have something similar on my chin that is going the same way as seeming irritated but faded out almost entirely in two days. I feel like if it was herpes there would be a longer healing process, fluid or scabbing and they wouldn’t be back to back 

Edited by NamessMonster

On 6/10/2022 at 1:41 PM, NamessMonster said:

It’s also of note that something like this popped up next to the right side of my mouth, vanished in two days and now I have something similar on my chin that is going the same way as seeming irritated but faded out almost entirely in two days. I feel like if it was herpes there would be a longer healing process, fluid or scabbing and they wouldn’t be back to back 

Hi NamessMonster.... what you are describing does not sound like a standard oral HSV1 outbreak.... as you already know, about 70% of adults have HSV1 and have had it since childhood.... it goes dormant later in life and rarely, if ever, pops up in adulthood.  The fact that you get the same red irritated areas near your mouth and your chin would not likely be HSV1 (not on your chin).... the fact that they never become fluid filled, ooze, heal/scab also indicates you've got something else going on.  By the way, not all HSV sores manifest in the "text book" fashion.... for example, my HSV2 sores never scab over.... they just heal up and disappear.  You may want to have a dermatologist take a look at your next "outbreak"... I have a strong feeling you will find it's something other than HSV1 sore.  Hope this helps..... best of luck.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • WilsoInAus
      Hang on @tweetsoc this is just self-indulgent self-delusion. What is super tricky about HSV? You're only saying that because of the super trick situation you are in having cheated on your partner, stop deflecting, how does that help anyone least of all yourself? You do not know you are going through an issue with HSV; it is pretty much certain you are not.
    • WilsoInAus
      The first article is from 'The Sun' which is just a sensationalist rag. The second article deals with a correlation between HSV-2 and cardiovascular issues that may cause ED. Did you actually read it? NONE of the participants experienced ED at the time of infection and 0.5% self reported EDS after 12 months. How does that fit with your 9 days. Herpes infections do not cause orchitis, that's just a myth that is started and perpetuated by people on web forums. There is no medical evidence of this. It doesn't matter if you agree or disagree with me on HSV. There is no subjectivity in the facts that I present.
    • WilsoInAus
      None of this changes the fact that: you cheated on your partner and you can't cope with that; and you do NOT have genital HSV. Yes I do have to lecture about messing up because you are not dealing with it. You are creating a world of confusion from fake and/or obscure accounts of HSV in order to not deal with it. Whether you consider it nasty or not is exactly the point - this is the key thing that is wrong with you - when are you going to address - man up! Who has tested years later despite a negative WB?
    • Charlie1968
      Thanks tweetsoc,  I haven't taken anything but ibuprofen. My doctor won't give me anything without the lab work. I get tested on the 17th and if negative again 4 weeks after that  I will look into prostatitis and definitely ask him about it. Best of luck to you. I hope you get some relief. Are your symptoms constant or do they come and go? It's strange how the brain works. Sometimes this drives me crazy and sometimes I have just got used to the feeling of hot sauce in my pants. good luck to you. 
    • tweetsoc
      https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/3104937/its-not-just-a-nasty-incurable-sti-herpes-can-leave-men-impotent-for-life/ https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.2047-2927.2012.00037.x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.