Female please help or anyone with knowledge on dating & sex with HSV2!!!

Kaylie

Hello, has anyone infected their partner whilst taking antivirals and use of a condom? As I would imagine most female blisters are on their vagina and not in it, so us passing on the virus is higher than a male, perhaps. (I maybe wrong)

Basically, I have met someone, I've told him and he is ok about it. But, I feel guilty as I don't think he's aware of how damaging this virus can be. I have taken all precautions. I've Cut out refined  sugar by 95 percent, taking l-lystine, limited caffeine. I have started back to back antivirals. I know I should've had an outbreak now as im close to my period. All I've experienced is tingling and sensitivity where I normally have the blister but it's stopped now. 

I cant believe I've got this far now I don't know if I can have sex. :(

Edited by Kaylie
Spelling mistake

19 hours ago, Kaylie said:

Hello, has anyone infected their partner whilst taking antivirals and use of a condom? As I would imagine most female blisters are on their vagina and not in it, so us passing on the virus is higher than a male, perhaps. (I maybe wrong)

Basically, I have met someone, I've told him and he is ok about it. But, I feel guilty as I don't think he's aware of how damaging this virus can be. I have taken all precautions. I've Cut out refined  sugar by 95 percent, taking l-lystine, limited caffeine. I have started back to back antivirals. I know I should've had an outbreak now as im close to my period. All I've experienced is tingling and sensitivity where I normally have the blister but it's stopped now. 

Hi Kaylie.... you're doing everything right so, don't overthink this, nor feel guilty .... you told him your HSV status (good work!).... he's not concerned and that's good.... you know how to protect him from getting it (regular antivirals, condoms, and abstain from sex if you feel you are about to have an outbreak).  The odds of you passing the virus on to him while on antivirals (like valacyclovir) while using a condom regularly is extremely low (around 1.9% chance).  You are wise to drop your sugar intake as well as caffeine intake (those are triggers for me with no question!).  Lysine may help but, a lot of studies also say it helps more with HSV1 than HSV2 (I stopped taking it years ago) but, if it's helping you, continue on.  My humble advice is that since you have disclosed already, and you're taking all the proper precautions then there's no reason not to go ahead with sex if that's what you both want.... you'll be just fine.   I hope this helps..... good luck and take care.

@CHTthank you so much for your message. This has put me at ease. Because I'm symptomatic without antivirals, would my transmission be higher with antivirals? 

On 6/12/2022 at 4:07 AM, Kaylie said:

Hi @kaylie I am too in a new relationship and he accepts the risk but the guilt he will get it straight away and how badly he will get it scares me so much! I also think sex with trigger it for me so I won't be able to have sex all night or loads in a short period of time 😞

Wish I could give you some advice or comfort but I'm the same as you! My partner doesn't even want to use condoms forever either. 

Keep us posted on how you get on! Also I think using lube can help so I suggest that. 

@EnglishGirlthanks for your message. How long have you been with your partner for? Has he has my symptoms?   Do you think having sex 3 times a night can cause outbreaks? Why does sex cause OB?  Also do you shave or wax down there? As I find shaving used to cause OB but now I'm on antivirals I can feel tingling today when I shaved on Saturday. Not sure of it's the hair growing or shedding or its in my head!

Do you know people with the virus? I've only told my friends about this I don't know anyone else with it but I'm sure there are a few on my town. 

2 hours ago, Kaylie said:

@EnglishGirlthanks for your message. How long have you been with your partner for? Has he has my symptoms?   Do you think having sex 3 times a night can cause outbreaks? Why does sex cause OB?  Also do you shave or wax down there? As I find shaving used to cause OB but now I'm on antivirals I can feel tingling today when I shaved on Saturday. Not sure of it's the hair growing or shedding or its in my head!

Do you know people with the virus? I've only told my friends about this I don't know anyone else with it but I'm sure there are a few on my town. 

Hi @Kaylie I haven't had sex with him yet. He lives in the US. I'm in UK. I fly over again this year and this time we will be intimate. I don't shave anymore as I used to get OB's from shaving too. I had laser so no more issues with that! I just don't think I will be able to have a lot of sex in a short period without getting an OB and him getting it. I told him this and he said oh well I'll just catch it and we can be herp partners lol. That's lovely of him but the guilt would kill me! I almost want him to get it so it's out the way but I don't want him to suffer.  I know loads of people with it but they either don't suffer as I have or they're in relationships with people who gave it to them or accept it. I feel like our areas are so sensitive to everything from friction to BV to thrush so everything can trigger an OB. I also want another baby in the near future (I'm 37) so I will be asking for a cesarean...

On 6/19/2022 at 11:33 AM, Kaylie said:

@CHTthank you so much for your message. This has put me at ease. Because I'm symptomatic without antivirals, would my transmission be higher with antivirals? 

Hi Kaylie.... if you are symptomatic without taking antivirals and then you decide to start taking an antiviral daily, then your risk of shedding/transmission will drop fairly significantly.  I believe taking valacyclovir reduces transmission rates by up to 70% compared to not taking any antiviral.  I hope this answers your question...

@EnglishGirlthanks for your reply. Ah he sounds like a really nice guy, I bet you can't wait to see him :).  But I know what you mean about the feeling guilty part. I do now and thinking when I'm going to get a phone call to say he has signs :(.

If it wasn't for the shedding this virus would be manageable. Hopefully this new drug Pritelivir will available soon and we won't have to worry about transmission as much. 

I thought it was just me! When I used to have sex regularly with my ex who gave it to me, I used to break out alot, but I wasn't looking after myself and now I'm on meds cut refined sugar out of my diet, eat better and occasionally I have an  alcoholic drink, for the past month I haven't had a OB for about 2 months now. 

I will keep you posted on how it goes. The guy I'm seeing it's nothing serious that's why I feel is it worth the headache as I'm worried about sleeping with him again. 

do you sometimes get a tingling feeling where you have your OB? But don't actually have one? Are you on antiviral meds? 

@EnglishGirlthanks for your message. How long have you been with your partner for? Has he has my symptoms?   Do you think having sex 3 times a night can cause outbrea

17 hours ago, CHT said:

Hi Kaylie.... if you are symptomatic without taking antivirals and then you decide to start taking an antiviral daily, then your risk of shedding/transmission will drop fairly significantly.  I believe taking valacyclovir reduces transmission rates by up to 70% compared to not taking any antiviral.  I hope this answers your question...

ks? Why does sex cause OB?  Also do you shave or wax down there? As I find shaving used to cause OB but now I'm on antivirals I can feel tingling today when I shaved on Saturday. Not sure of it's the hair growing or shedding or its in my head!

2 hours ago, Kaylie said:

@EnglishGirlthanks for your reply. Ah he sounds like a really nice guy, I bet you can't wait to see him :).  But I know what you mean about the feeling guilty part. I do now and thinking when I'm going to get a phone call to say he has signs :(.

If it wasn't for the shedding this virus would be manageable. Hopefully this new drug Pritelivir will available soon and we won't have to worry about transmission as much. 

I thought it was just me! When I used to have sex regularly with my ex who gave it to me, I used to break out alot, but I wasn't looking after myself and now I'm on meds cut refined sugar out of my diet, eat better and occasionally I have an  alcoholic drink, for the past month I haven't had a OB for about 2 months now. 

I will keep you posted on how it goes. The guy I'm seeing it's nothing serious that's why I feel is it worth the headache as I'm worried about sleeping with him again. 

do you sometimes get a tingling feeling where you have your OB? But don't actually have one? Are you on antiviral meds? 

@EnglishGirlthanks for your message. How long have you been with your partner for? Has he has my symptoms?   Do you think having sex 3 times a night can cause outbrea

ks? Why does sex cause OB?  Also do you shave or wax down there? As I find shaving used to cause OB but now I'm on antivirals I can feel tingling today when I shaved on Saturday. Not sure of it's the hair growing or shedding or its in my head!

@Kaylie Yeah the pain i get is almost always in the area I get OB's or right near it even if nothing visible shows. Did you ex partner get regular outbreaks? Is yours type 2? I'm not taking meds atm but I will when I see my man. It's hard to have casual sex when you have herpes or any incurable disease I guess. 

@KaylieAlso I haven't had sex with my man yet, we've done everything but that. I told him just because he lives overseas doesn't mean I will treat it any differently to getting to know someone before sex. Next time I go we will be having sex though and I assume a lot which scares me. I kind of didn't want him to get it straight away but he might 😞

@EnglishGirlI know what you mean but he  knows the risks and thats a good thing, so he isn't fussed and that tells me he really likes you. I think you have to listen to your body and if it doesn't feel right, like tingling feeling tell him and he can decide on what he wants to do. Unfortunately we can't plan ahead but we can he honest x