World's Largest Herpes Support Group

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

• Voyager2
      Sure hope this pans out. 
    • Voyager2
      Don't forget there are two promising vaccines on the prophylactic front (but only pre-clinical): The Trivalent vaccine worked well on guinea pigs:  https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32347775/ The Einstein (Xvax) vaccine also has a ways to go: https://x-vax.com/ The fact HSV529 is in yet another clinical trial is good news for herpsters. 
    • Davrk8
      thank you for the info. I am uncircumcised. I applied some clotrimazole cream during the last outbreak I noticed, which seem to do the trick (around a month ago). But now, there new dots are appearing at a different location on the glans. Wasnt sure if balanitis can come back so soon or if it could be something else. 
    • Josse
      Looks like mild balanitis. If you are uncircumcised then thats normal every now and then due to accumulation of yeast and the irritation of the foreskin
    • MikeHerp
      I think the simple reason is that this is a fund raiser that was started by our community rather than by Fred Hutch.  Or rather, FHC started it in response to our request.   I still think they should somehow feature it in their pages.  But anyway, that's just how they do it. Keep in mind that FHC's main focus is curing cancer.  It's a cancer research institute.  They might feel that putting stuff on their website that isn't directly related to cancer might give people the impression, especially cancer cure donors (who are by far the main donors to FHC), that FHC is losing its focus. So we have to work within these limits.   However, I do draw strength from the fact that FHC has tried to help us with the fund raiser.  Among others: 1.  When the new research paper is released, FHC has gotten an agreement with a prominent sexual health blogger, to promote the research and the fund raiser. 2.  There is another potential promotion in the works that might get back on track if the US is able to get the coronavirus under control. So FHC has actively helped us to promote the fund raiser.
Sign in to follow this  
sore_cold

hyperbaric chamber

hope n support

want to try it

hi - I saw your questions wanting to know about ozone saunas and hyperbaric oxygen chambers for now, all I can suggest is that you look up

HBOT and herpes> in this very forum. You will have to go to the earlier threads in this section. I think you have this particular thread on page 1 or 2

of this section.

Hope you do too. thanks.

sore_cold

very like to get my own chamber

hey, thanks for the information

It is very likely that I will get my own chamber in my place. I have to check with the vendor to make sure it can be set up at home and not necessary only at a clinic.

just like to see if any one has personal experience with this. Would help if there are information from personal experience. But i will experiment safely with it regardless

hope n support

Hi,

The thread I mentioned previously entitled "HBOT and herpes" started by "endeavor" is the testimony of a scuba diver who underwent a session of HBOTat 60 feet pressure for 6 hrs straight to cure a case of the "bends"

after a diving accident. However to his enormous delight , it stopped his herpes OBs outright too which he otherwise was getting regular OBs of. He never got another OB, or so he claims in the several years after. he also thinks that HBOT probably does not "cure" herpes like it did with him, at lower HBOT pressures or shorter sessions. The HBOT protocol he underwent is "air table 6 plus 2 extensions". you can read everything else he says in all his threads and posts.

hope n support

correction to previous post

hello,

I had mentioned the HBOT protocol followed by the scuba diver in my previous post . I may have made a small mistake in typing the specifications of the same, as it is given by him in the technical jargon. But to be sure that I give the exact specifications that were written by the diver, I am pasting what he wrote :

"airforce table plus two extensions, complete oxygen saturation at two atmospheres, it works."

sore_cold

did read about that diver with HBOT experience

thanks, I have come across the information. Very interesting indeed.

these HBOT/Ozone techniques are available at clinics nation wide but they are not geared towards treating herpes. so the issue of safety is not valid about these types of treatment. they are being used to treat people. the setup are professional at the clinics. not like it's at the back office of a doctor.

so, i don't see a safety issue here. the issue for me is how effective these techniques are for treatment herpes. i believe that these techniques are not useless completely. the question is, does it have any effect on herpes.

so far, i am leaning towards these techniques base of the evident that virus are killed in a rich oxygen environment because these techniques try to create this rich oxygen environment inside you. wheter or not the virus is seeing this rich oxygen that is being introduced is know to me.

I will stay top on this alternative topics.

sore_cold

correction above

whether or not the virus is seeing this rich oxygen that is being introduced is NOT know to me.

john146

Oxygen will kill the Herpes Virus

Yes, the hypothesis for hyperbaric oxygen to cure herpes is very plausible. The barriers that prevent the study is the fact that it isn't a pharmaceutical that can be patent. The protocol that would be needed is the same as what a diver would use for recovery of the "bends". There is no clinic or hospital that has this grade of chamber that will allow for this kind of experiment. The reason it will work is that herpes, as all other viruses, is anaerobic(lives without oxygen). Now, no blood test can directly detect the virus, because of the oxygen supply in the blood is limited by the carrying of it by hemoglobin. Blood test only observe the antibodies of the virus and not the virus itself. This is why when the virus is released out into the body to "shed" the body is able to fight it, but unless the bodies defenses are able to get to the origins of the virus it will just continue to multiple generations. The virus lives in the spinal cord (HSV-2 at the base of the spine). The spinal cord receives no hemogloben, which is the carrier of O2, therefore, there is no O2 in the spine. This is also why back problems are chronic, because it receives no healing oxygen. The cerebrospinal fluid that makes up the spinal cord functions to balance the PH. At earth's current O2 level of 21% @ 14.7 psi, pulse oxygen saturation is about 98-100% and just adding oxygen isn't enough, because of the hemoglobin. By adding oxygen and PRESSURE, not only is the hemoglobin maxed out, but the oxygen spills over into the plasma making it oxygen rich. The oxygen will then poor into the cerebrospinal fluid and making every cell in the human body directly exposed to oxygen, thus there is no virus in the body that is not exposed to oxygen and in turn the virus is killed.

Exploring Hard

John,

I love this post you've entitled, "Oxygen will kill the Herpes Virus"

May i ask you a few simple questions, please?

1. What level of O2 should one employ in their treatment plan

2. Should they use the steel HBO Chambers?

3. How long per day for each treatment

4 How long in days/months should they do this (i.e. 3x/week for 6 months)

What was the therapy plan you did to overcome HSV? I would be obliged to get some insight as it would seem everything else I've tried seemed more like some doctor wanting me to do a routine with him so they could make money.

I'd be indebted to hear back from you.. thanks in advanced for your interest.

Sincerely Rob (Exploring Hard)

john146

It's time to take action!!! I'm tired of waiting

Yes Mr. Exploring Hard,

Let me just be clear at the time I wrote that post it was only a carefully researched and thought out hypothesis; I have not cure myself as of YET. To answer your question, it would take a 100% oxygen atmosphere under great pressures that only a steel tank could handle and the average person doesn’t have the resources or to contain this technology.

Now as of February of 2011 I finally have taken more direct action and have invested all of my research and studying and MONEY into testing my hypothesis. I bought myself a mild-hyperbolic chamber with supplemental O2, which is 1.5 atmospheres and is equivalent to 4psi and is enough to supply the spinal cord with some oxygen while at the same time oxygenating the rest of the cells that are otherwise oxygen deprived. Although this chamber doesn't provide the amount of pressure needed to cure herpes alone I'm also applying other oxygen and nutritional principles to possibly kill this virus. My added side kick is a mineral solution called Chlorine Dioxide(CLO2), which contains 2 oxygen atoms and one chlorine atom (I will not use up space to go into the science of Chlorine Dioxide, but I recommend you google it or google MMS Jim Humble). I will take in chlorine dioxide through 3 routes (ingestion, topically, and IV). The literature on MMS states that if one takes 15 drops twice a day for two weeks, one will have reached complete saturation. However, 'complete' saturation doesn't include the spinal cord for reasons that I've already listed in my last thread, but my oxygen chamber should be able to drive the CLO2 into the spinal cord where the virus "hibernates".

My third principle is to take DMSO cream (google it), which acts as a carrier as it penetrates the skin. If I mix DMSO and chlorine dioxide and apply it to my whole body, particularly my lower back and OB sight and then jump into my chamber for at minimum of 1-2 hours I should be able to reach TOTAL oxygen saturation(including the spinal cord)

The fourth principle in all of this is a good diet plan that contains little to no arginine and high amounts of Lysine. Lysine is active against the herpes virus, due to its ability to inhibit the metabolism of arginine, which is the amino acid or food source required by the herpes virus to grow and replicate and without it the virus cannot replicate itself and corrupt other cells.

Also, my diet will be highly alkaline rather than acidic. Viruses love acidic environments. That's why drinking alcohol induces an outbreak. That's why most of us who caught herpes got it from a partner who consumed alcohol that same night. Taking a girl home from the bar where she has been drinking will cause her body's PH to be acidic and then she will begin to shed the virus as she begins to have an outbreak and bang you got it. For more details of my diet plan go to this site: http://herpes-coldsores.com/diet_and_nutrition_with_herpes.htm (However, you will have to look over both the arginine chart and the alkaline chart because there are some foods that are low in arginine but are highly acidic and these foods will have to be avoided and vise versa.

So my plan (this will hopefully answer your questions Exploring Hard):

1.) Mild Hyperbolic chamber at 1.3 atmospheres absolute (ATA) which is equivalent to 4psi for 1-2 hours per day at least 4-5 times a week

2.) Take in massive amounts of Chlorine dioxide through ingestion, topically (with DMSO cream as the carrier), and intravenously (IV).

3.) A good diet that starves the virus and creates an alkaline environment that allows good cells to thrive and viruses and pathogens to be weak.

Now if I do this long enough I should HOPEFULLY kill this virus. The principle behind this approach is to keep the virus in check to where it doesn't replicate and reproduce itself and 'corrupt' other cells, while at the same time killing off the viruses that are already there. Basically kill them faster than they can replicate!!!!

Pray for me!!!!:D

P.S. My name is not John, it's Jeff. John stands for the book of John in the bible and 146 stands for chapter 14 verse 6.

Exploring Hard

response John146

Dear John146:

First off, thanks for giving me greater details about who you are. I'm an avid student of the Scriptures and John 14:6 had a particular impact on my mother prior to her home going in 1995.

I did have a few follow up questions in light of your very kind and thorough response.

1. do you have type 1 or type 2?

2. have you been tested since you've tried this new treatment and have you had any success? that is to say are you now testing negative?

3. have you researched ozone therapy (i.e., 03) at all ? i'm planning on doing 6 straight weeks of therapy.

again, thank you for our response and i'd be happy to keep you updated on my progress as well (if you're interested).

I hope to hear from you in response to my questions when convenient.

sincerely,

Rob

mistaken101
Yes, the hypothesis for hyperbaric oxygen to cure herpes is very plausible. The barriers that prevent the study is the fact that it isn't a pharmaceutical that can be patent. The protocol that would be needed is the same as what a diver would use for recovery of the "bends". There is no clinic or hospital that has this grade of chamber that will allow for this kind of experiment. The reason it will work is that herpes, as all other viruses, is anaerobic(lives without oxygen). Now, no blood test can directly detect the virus, because of the oxygen supply in the blood is limited by the carrying of it by hemoglobin. Blood test only observe the antibodies of the virus and not the virus itself. This is why when the virus is released out into the body to "shed" the body is able to fight it, but unless the bodies defenses are able to get to the origins of the virus it will just continue to multiple generations. The virus lives in the spinal cord (HSV-2 at the base of the spine). The spinal cord receives no hemogloben, which is the carrier of O2, therefore, there is no O2 in the spine. This is also why back problems are chronic, because it receives no healing oxygen. The cerebrospinal fluid that makes up the spinal cord functions to balance the PH. At earth's current O2 level of 21% @ 14.7 psi, pulse oxygen saturation is about 98-100% and just adding oxygen isn't enough, because of the hemoglobin. By adding oxygen and PRESSURE, not only is the hemoglobin maxed out, but the oxygen spills over into the plasma making it oxygen rich. The oxygen will then poor into the cerebrospinal fluid and making every cell in the human body directly exposed to oxygen, thus there is no virus in the body that is not exposed to oxygen and in turn the virus is killed.

Hi John146,

Where did you get that HSV lives in the spinal cord? I was under the impression that it lies dormant in the nerve cells NEAR the spinal cord, not in it. Am I wrong? The nerve cells in the sacral ganglion where they lie dormant due in fact receive and utilize oxygen.

lurker34

Just a quick note about hyperbaric chambers and oxygen from a diver..

At sea level, on earth breathing normal air, your body is breathing a partial pressure of 0.21 oxygen. (21% * 1 atmosphere.)

If you decide to grab a tank of Nitrox (air with extra oxygen and less nitrogen), you can be breathing oxygen, at sea level with a partial pressure of 0.4 (40% oxygen at sealevel)

If you go to a hospital and they put you on pure oxygen, you'll be breathing oxygen with a partial pressure of up to 1.0 (100% oxygen * 1 atmosphere, but in practice usually less..)

Now, if you grab a tank of nitrox (40%), and head down 24 meters, you'll be breathing a oxygen partial pressure of 1.6. I.E. you body will be soaked in 1.6 times more oxygen than you get on the surface breathing pure oxygen.

Nitrox diving is a lovely experience, you definitely get a mild buzz from all the extra oxygen. And diving in general is a great stress reliever. So before you go buying a hyperbaric chamber, do you PADI dive cert and take the Nitrox course, both of which are pretty easy to do (i did mine in Florida.) It'll be cheaper too probably.

john146

Dear Exploring Hard,

Sorry to hear about the passing of your mother, but I'm happy to hear that she was a believer in the Lord Jesus.

1. I have type 2

2. No, I have not been tested yet. I have a doctor's appointment in November and if I'm outbreak free at that point I will ask to be tested. The test I want is a PCR DNA spinal fluid test, because it is my opinion that this will be the most conclusive (1)(2) considering that the herpes virus "hides" at the base of the spinal cord. Testing for antibodies won't do it, because even if I drive the virus into remission to the point where I'm outbreak free for longer than 3 month my body will stop manufacturing the antibodies. Your body will never lose the information to make the antibodies again in the future, but the actual antibodies will go away after a few months if it doesn't detect the virus in the blood. However, it could still be dormant in the spine.

3.) I have researched ozone therapy and I believe that is a very good approach to curing yourself. The key to killing all viruses and pathogens and subsequently curing them is OXYGEN, whether it's O2, O3(i.e. ozone), or CLO2(i.e. MMS). In fact, I took a short break from CLO2 and have been taking ozone for 3 weeks. However, because of a lack of resources I'm using an inexpensive approach to ozone by using HOMOZON(3)

My update:

I'm 5 weeks now with no outbreak. My last out break was both good/bad. It was bad because it was the worst outbreak I've ever had in the sense that I had 5 different cluster sites, one site crossed my body's mid-line which herpes is not suppose to do. Herpes should only blister on one side of the body, not both. Now, this was good in the sense that something was happening (something abnormal and curing herpes would be abnormal). Either the virus knew that it was under serious attack and was fighting or it was clearing itself from my nervous system. Let's hope that it was clearing conditions!

I switched up my CLO2 regiment by taking the protocol 1000, which includes 3 drops of CLO2 every hour for 8 hours followed by 1 capsule of MMS2 every other hour with the MMS. However, instead of 3 drops I've been doing 15 drops every hour for 8 hours. It appears that I've gone beyond the point of saturation, because no amount of CLO2 can make me sick(no Herxheimer Reaction); This includes 30 drops of CLO2 with no N/V. After 2 weeks of this regiment I switched to ozone(HOMOZON) and did that for about 2 weeks and only taking CLO2 when I did a Hyberbaric chamber treatment, which would include anywhere between 20-30 drops.

I've also ended my strict diet, however I still avoid chocolates at this current moment.

Well that's the update, I'll keep you posted. Please keep me posted as well on your progress, Exploring Hard:-)

Sincerely,

Jeff

(1) http://www.webmd.com/genital-herpes/herpes-tests

(2) http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003769.htm

(3) http://www.envirohealthtech.com/homozon.htm

john146

I might have cured myself!!!

Sorry I haven't made a post, but I had some lapses in my efforts: I had a few outbreaks since my last post.

Update: I relaxed from my regiment a bit during Thanksgiving, although I avoided all trigger foods. However, back in early December my mom had some homemade chocolate peanut butter buckeyes, which are known to be my favorite, and so that I wouldn't hurt mothers feelings I ate 2 buckeyes......nothing, the next day nothing, and the day after that NOTHING! No outbreak or tingling!!!! I went the whole month eating chocolate with no outbreaks!!! So a few weeks ago I went in for a PCR DNA test of my blood and the test came back negative!!! I'm still taking maintenance doses of MMS whenever I do a session in my chamber (FYI: Make sure you have an IPOD or IPAD, it makes the chamber that much more enjoyable), while I continue to do organ cleanses (Right now I'm doing a liver cleanse).

My plan next is to wait about 3 months and go in for an antibody test to see if that comes back negative. The reason for this test is to make sure 1.) that the PCR test wasn't a fluke and 2.) If there's no antibodies, then my bodies recognizes that there's no threat.

And if that comes back negative I will then have a PCR DNA test of my spinal fluid just to make sure that it's gone. My theory is that if the virus is hiding anywhere it would be in the spinal fluid. If all 3 of these test come back negative, then I will consider myself 100% cured!!!:D

john146

I ate like junk yesterday (fudge, peanut butter, and some other snacks) and still no outbreaks:-) Although, I've still been doing occasional MMS and chamber treatments.

ElizabethMarie

john 146,

what did you mean by the virus isn't supose to break out mid-line on the body?? You mentioned that it wasn't supose to break out on both sides of the body. Could you explain more of why this is? I tried to look it up but I am not getting any results.

john146

I haven't had and outbreak in 6months, but after further research and thought I've come to the conclusion that I might not be "cured" and might still have the virus in me, but in a dormant state. There was an individual on this site by the name of endeavor. He was able to cure his herpes with one treatment of the Air force table 2 plus 6 and through his posts I was able to follow site after site and gathered more info. Here's what I've got:

http://www.hbot4u.com/

http://www.arrowheadhealthworks.com/infected.htm

From what I gathered, if there's still hope in completely curing this virus, it will be with HBOT. I intend to continue my regiment and to get back to a healthy diet. What I intend on doing is to elevate my immune system to high levels and weaken the virus, so I will be able to reach the full potential of the my next phase, which will be sometime later this year.

My 2nd phase is this: 40-50 treatments at 45ft

2 dives per day 4 hours apart

5 days on and 2 days rest

3rd phase:

6 hours of the Air Force Table 2 protocol

4th phase:

MMS protocol 2000 along with my at home chamber

5th phase:

a really good detox protocol

6th phase:

wait and see what happens

EDUCERE

Jeff,

How did it go with the treatment? i too want to start with the HBOT but i my funds are limited so when i go in for treatment i have to have strong confidence that it can do some type of damage to it.

Unkle
On 1/11/2008 at 6:30 PM, sore_cold said:

anyone has it?

Been lurking deeeeeeep into past posts and wanted to bump this. I work in a Hyperbaric clinic as a tech (the people that dive you and monitor you during treatment) and I'll be talking to our HBO specialist soon to ask him about the potential benefit of diving HSV patients. Next Tuesday is when I'll ask him about it, though I'm not sure HBO will be effective at suppressing the virus given that it is not bloodborn and tge toxicity oxygen could pose wouldn't reach anythimg beyond an active outbreak/shedding. It could help to stave outbreaks, but HBOT is expensive, it is a headache to get approved, and its effects would stop a few weeks post treatment. But I'll ask--he probably has asked the same question himself at one point. It's a shot in the dark but...

Edited by Unkle

stronghands87

John’s explanation of the science concerns me, but maybe there is something going that they don’t understand. It would be nice if they could be reached to see if they have still been outbreak free all these years and if they’d take a Western blot test. 

Sosad987

Any updates on this? Love hearing from people actually trying to figure this out and fight instead of telling us why it won't work. Please regardless of results keep this thread going.

Quest

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2 

Undersea Hyperb Med. 2012 Nov-Dec;39(6):1083-7.

Effect of hyperbaric oxygen therapy on patients with herpes zoster.

Abstract

BACKGROUND:

The purpose of this study was to observe the effect of hyperbaric oxygen (HBO2) therapy on patients with herpes zoster.

METHODS:

A total of 68 cases with herpes zoster were randomly divided into HBO2 and control groups. The patients in the control group were treated with drugs, while the patients in the HBO2 group were treated with both drugs and HBO2. Parameters of therapeutic efficacy including period of blister resolution, scar formation time and percentage of patients developing post-herpetic neuralgia (PHN) were determined for the patients in both groups. Numeric Pain Rating Scale (NPRS) and Hamilton Depression Rating Scale (HAMD) were also scored for the patients before and after treatment.

RESULTS:

The therapeutic efficacy in the control group was 81.25%, which was significantly lower than that (97.22%) in the HBO2 group (p < 0.05). The percentage of patients developing PHN, scar formation time and NPRS score in the HBO2 groups were significantly lower than those in the control group (p < 0.05). HAMD score in the HBO2 group was significantly lower than that in the control group (p < 0.05).

CONCLUSION:

HBO2 can significantly enhance therapeutic efficacy, relieve pain, accelerate herpes blister healing and lesion resolution, reduce the percentage of patients developing PHN and improve depression in patients with herpes zoster.