maybe herpes?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I noticed a bit of redness a little bit below the tip of my penis. It does not hurt at all but when I have an erection the red is more apparent. Is this the H? If not, what could it possibly be? I took some famvir and the redness still hasnt gone away. I have a blood test scheduled, but I would like some heads up.

Thanks

Hi bob,

You shouldn't take any antiviral, if you don't know you have herpes or not.

And... of course, only the test can tell you the truth, but...

it doesn't sound like herpes to me....

Best wishes..

Faith

I mean... antivirals are strong medicine that have side effects just like many other medicine.

And.... you said you were gonna take blood test, so it won't matter ( make sure that 12 weeks has passed, after the possible exposure to the vorus). But in case you get outbreak (blister or bump) and get the test for lesion culture, you can possibly get the false negative result, because you took the medicine.

That's what I was worrying.

Otherwise, you are fine. Famvir can't kill you, of course. :D

Faith

Is this the H?

Doesn't sound like it...

If not, what could it possibly be?

Not sure, but I would say that you really have not described any of the symptoms of HSV.

'reddness' is not a symptom of HSV... Blisters are.

Could be dry skin, could be irritated skin from too much abrasion (sex, or masturbation)