Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sadmom

Outbreaks after sex?

1 post in this topic

Hi I am new to this forum, but happy to have found a place where others know what I'm going through, how I might feel. I've been diagnosed w/ HSV for 5 years. My first outbreak was very mild, and over the years have thought I've had an outbreak here or there, but because they are mild, am never quite sure.

I was devastated when I got diagnosed, felt dirty & ashamed, and unlovable. God blessed me with the most loving husband.. he helps makes me feel normal, attractive, loveable. He is HSV free.

Most times I seem to get an outbreak is after sex, particulary when I'm not lubricated enough (sorry if TMI). Recently I got a lesion that looked like a vertical line, almost like a tear in my skin not a lesion. Everytime this happens, it feels like being newly diagnosed all over again... feelings of shame, dirtiness, and feeling as though my husband deserves better..

Can anyone else please share their experiences with what their outbreaks appear as.. how you feel.. how you handle this...

Thank you for your time & helping me through the rough times.. .

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• freda jones121
      I never believed in Herbal Medicine until i met this special spell caster called Dr. IYAYA herbal medicine is a good remedy for Herpes, I was a carrier of Herpes and I saw a testimony on how Dr. IYAYA cure Herpes, I decided to contact, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked him for solutions and he started the remedies for my health. Thank God, now everything is fine, I'm cured by Dr. IYAYA herbal medicine, I'm very thankful to Dr. IYAYA reach him on iyayasolutionhome@gmail.com
      You can go trough his site on www.iyayasolutionhome.simplesite.com
    • freda jones121
      I never believed in Herbal Medicine until i met this special spell caster called Dr. IYAYA herbal medicine is a good remedy for Herpes, I was a carrier of Herpes and I saw a testimony on how Dr. IYAYA cure Herpes, I decided to contact, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked him for solutions and he started the remedies for my health. Thank God, now everything is fine, I'm cured by Dr. IYAYA herbal medicine, I'm very thankful to Dr. IYAYA reach him on iyayasolutionhome@gmail.com
    • freda jones121
    • freda jones121
    • freda jones121
    • teacup
      Hello everyone and thank you for being here, I contracted genital herpes 8 months ago during an incident of sexual violence. I never had a big outbreak. Considering all other risks, and all the emotional recovery I went through, I'm actually grateful that I got away with herpes actually. But I never thought about how to disclose it as I had no motivation or intention to be intimate with anyone nowadays. To my own surprise, this has changed now and I'm very interested in someone and he is rather attached to me emotionally - but maybe moving too fast.  The problem is we only met once at a family barbecue, after which he left to go back to his own country and he contacted me online. We were quite openly interested in each other when we met but his online communication moved too fast into romantic things and I joined in. And he is determined to come to my country again as soon as possible so that we can have a road trip together. I'm very happy about his presence in my life, would prefer to let things evolve a bit slower than this, but also joined him in this kind of talk. We haven't spoken about sex but it is so there with subtle references.  I feel helpless and clueless as to when to disclose it. He is a very sensitive person who has had his troubles in life - though I have no idea about how judgmental he would be in this. I'd understand if he doesn't choose to move on with me and I don't want him to build more dreams before he learns about this herpes. At the same time, I don't want to create an unneccessarily bad surprise by disclosing this to him in the middle of his romantic statements. I would feel comfortable with some friendly dialogue and I think I've made a mistake by joining in the online romance.  So, when and how to disclose this?  My friends tell me to wait until he comes here and things become more real. And I see the point. At the same time, I understand that someone else may feel differently about this.  I don't exactly know how to insert this into a romantic dialogue but I guess I could write a separate e-mail. I feel helpless and clueless and also a bit guilty now.  Any advice as to how to go from here would be welcome.  And thank you for reading this long post, teacup            
    • freda jones121
    • Ssn0932
      Blood test and visual confirmation from Doctor 
    • persevere1
      29/m hsv1. are there any single girls in the Chicago land area that would like to chat? 
    • Livenhappy
      I understand. Unfortunately, this is a lifelong situation and letting a skin condition, albeit a painful one when it shows up, should not dictate to you. Trust me, I am almost 50 years old, you don't want to carry fear of a blister or two around with you forever. 
  • Featured