Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
renem

Shedding, what does that mean?

3 posts in this topic

I've tried to read a lot about H and I understand the out breaks but what is shedding?

Shedding is when the virus is multiplying... It happens during visible outbreak, could happen when no visible symptoms are showing though... This is when the virus can and will be past onto others if you have sex...

Rich

I've tried to read a lot about H and I understand the out breaks but what is shedding?

Shedding is the term used when you do not have a visible sign, or symptom of an outbreak, BUT small ammounts of the HSV virus are present at the surface of your skin.

If you are shedding, it is possible to give the virus to someone else.

However, its not 'as contagious' as an outbreak.

If a person is shedding, it is possible to but not guarenteed that they will pass the virus on to another person....

that combined with the fact that you don't know when you are, or are not shedding.... just brings us back to the same old mantra... there is no such thing as safe sex... For anyone... Some is sex is just safer then others.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• Maybe1day
      Sounds like more "promising future" speeches.. and more years of dealing with this
    • hopeful Rylee
      Where does it say 2018? I will email them if I can get contact info. I sure hope something, anything will work for us.  The stigma we face is terrible. 
    • Lisajd
      It is good of you to not be bitter. You asked about disclosing. Everyone is different in terms of when and how. Its like you said in your post, she asked about your sti status. Thats an approach you can take.  You may have hsv but you can catch other stuff still so you would want to know what thet may have
    • hopeful Rylee
      I thought this drug was booted out of clinical trials.,,
    • Blahdittilyblah
      No it never really became painful as far as the sores go. The only thing that ever hurt was the lymph node on the infected sides swelled and that was irritating. Mild itching and tingly as well. I can't fault someone for something they didn't known about maybe she did maybe she didn't but her word is all I can take so that's what I take. its just as devastating to her as it is me, what's done is done time to cope manage and go back to our normal selves. 
    • Lisajd
      Hello welcome. You are one of those they class as assymptomatic.  Trying to find out when and who is not easy.  If you have had no obs its not likely you will.  Your body is suppressing the virus nicely. Know though that stress or anything that weakens your immune system or changes in hormones can cause an ob.  You may have had a minor one on the past and brushed it off as an infection or rash even.   Please know it takes time to asjust but it doesnt change who you are. Just need to tell the new guy
    • Lisajd
      Did they type it for hsv1 and 2.  
    • LillianPanos
      ok I feel for you I thought for 3 mos I had H2 now not sure 5 mos later... get both copies and let us know exactly what it says.. this is a process. When I called the primary I mentioned the gyno was saying she did not request the proper test, I said it very nicely, her defense was well you have it in the genitals it should not matter but it does! I have been seeing her for over 20 years I was a bit disappointed in her...not sure I want her as my primary anymore.
    • Second_chance
      I'm going to get my actual results tomorrow. I'm not sure what to believe at this point. My HSV 2 antibody test just said negative and second culture came back negative but the first culture was positive. 
    • Sanguine108
      I've taken my prescription of acyclovir once.  My symptoms subsided on and off but the side effects of acyclovir really turned me off to it.  I felt disoriented, back pain/kidneys and burning urination.  But after the 3rd urination the burning subsided.  I've never felt that way on any herb or herbal formula. Some notable hangups and cautions with SJW are as follows:
      -photosensitivity - don't go sunbathing on SJW.
      -for brain-neurotransmitter drugs, it'll exacerbate their effects. Not a good time.
      -If acyclovir is the only drug you're taking then SJW will help eliminate it from the body.   SJW is essentially a blood purifier.   It enhances some liver enzymes that degrade substances in the body.   Cortisol, the stress hormone is something that's broken down by the same enzyme group.  So SJW has these indirect ways of enhancing wellness. Not all SJW is the same.  If you have herbal capsules then it's probably very weak.   I used these liquid-glycerine extract SJW from Gaia Herbs.   Bottle said to take 1 cap, 3x/day.  I just took 1 a day.  Was strong enough.   I made a thread about SJW, search for it and it'll be more in depth with drugs of concern.  Opiates are another that will exacerbate SJW. Honestly though, find a resveratrol supplement with Japanese knotweed in it and try that.   That way you won't have to worry about all the SJW mumbo jumbo.  The Japanese knotweed is directly targeting the genitals and would be a good first step toward ruling out whether this helps or not.    That's Japanese knotweed or it's latin name, Polygonum cuspidatum.   
  • Featured