World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
sadgirl90

What else could it be?

sadgirl90

Last summer I noticed a small blister inside my lower lip it came and went I guess with stress and stuff. Around December I started noticing my lips were red and tingly and the skin was broken. I also noticed my tongue was burning in a spot like I ate hot pepper. After that my goodies were swollen and it hurt to walk. It looked kind of waxy. The skin on the outside changed texture, became bumpy. I have gone to so many doctors and they all think Im crazy. I have gotten so many tests done since then, blood work, paps, cultures and they all turn negative. Also, I started feeling burning from my hands and my feet the burning comes and goes like tingling down my spine and legs. I also feel burning in my face. But when I tell the doctors they don't see anything. I am desperate for answers. If its not HSV then what else could it be? It's been a year since I noticed the little blister and my goodies are still burning. The burning never went away. Now I started feeling like my throat hurt with sharp pain. I am on Valtrex since my doctor didn't know if it was Herpes and it is not helping. I've been taking 2 1g and antibiotic for a week. I feel so guilty because I saw my baby and his little lips were red like mine and he gets little blisters that come and go. I feel like I brought this horrible disease into our lives and I infected everyone around me.

seashell

Plz just go to the doc and find out. At least when you know, you can deal w/ it. It may not even be anything that bad. Not knowing is worse. Take care.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Stupida
      @srinivas thank you for the suggestion. Are you on antivirals? How long have you had HSV? How well do you feel now that you are taking the supplements?
    • Trace67
      It doesnt really mean much yet. They still dont know if the herpes is taking advantage of a diseased brain or causing the disease. Furthermore, there is evidence that Alzheimer's might be caused by oral spirochete disease and even Lyme. Many of you could have oral Spirochetes but the Lyme and is less likely. https://globallymealliance.org/pathogen-cause-alzheimers-disease/ https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5008232/ https://newsblog.drexel.edu/2016/02/10/do-infections-cause-alzheimers-disease/   Of course it could be both! Maybe having hsv-1 and oral spirochetes quadruples the risk.  In my opinion the spirochete theory sounds more likely and its hard to dismiss neurosurgeons and caretakers getting Alzheimers from a disease that was previously thought to be non contagious. I'd worry more about Spirochetes.  
    • Rgs77
      Did ldn work.
    • honkschonks
      I wonder if people in the military are tested for hsv, because the general public isn’t. You have to specifically ask for it and many doctors don’t even see the point because it’s “so common”. It’s very possible he has it and has no symptoms or very mild random symptoms. Sorry to hear what you’re dealing with. It seems like women’s symptoms are worse than men’s.
    • WilsoInAus
      No that’s not the issue at all. The absolute vast majority of nerve pain is not caused by herpes. Hence it cannot be used to reverse engineer a diagnosis of herpes. That is exceptinally dangerous and we must do all we can encourage proper diagnosis.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.