World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
InfectedNurse

My Symptoms

InfectedNurse

I last had sex (in the dark) about 2 months ago and since I had no symptoms until a couple days ago, I thought I was home free. Then just a couple days ago I started getting a red rash around the base of my penis. The next day it spread up my shaft and now its all over my L1 dermatome, except for my back side.

Since it'd been so long since my last sexual contact I thought it couldn't be GHSV at first. But then I read that primary infection can take longer in people with HSV1 antibodies, and i've had HSV1 since childhood.

So i'm 3 days into primary OB and I have an itchy rash on my penis, right inner thigh, and the sides of my hips.

I see from reading posts that lots of people get a rash on their thighs; did anyone get it on the sides of their hips? Did anyone else get their primary OB so long (2 months) after infection?

Thanks

Shayna

My primary outbreak was about 8-10 months later. I haven't had any rash. I like soaking in an epsom salts bath for relief...you might give it a try.

I hope you feel better soon!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Hopingimwrong
      PesPes, there is no cure. You can treat symptoms and try to prevent outbreaks, but you will always have the virus and be able to pass it along. There is NO CURE at this point. 
    • viralfrog
      Based on the sheet below, it would be around 10% per year without condoms with no active outbreaks. With condoms, 5.2% and condoms and antiviral therapy combined around 1.5-2.5%  https://herpesopportunity.com/downloads/herpes-opportunity-disclosure-handout.pdf 
    • Kurdt01
      So is there anyone that has tried this for which Valtrex/Acyclovir/Famvir doesn't work and have constant symptoms and problems?   It's expensive but if like 1 pill a week would work it would be worth it.....Trying to figure out if this works for people that the current AV's don't...
    • Roja
      OMG she is great! Thank you!    Ps.: I am also a big fan of Ella  I found her last month and since then my life changed! I am finally not any more ashamed of having herpes and I am ready to talk about it with friends and family! YES! 
    • Celinaxox
      Hi just wanted to share someone I found on Youtube who I think gives really good and honest herpes advice. She is an STD life coach who has had genital herpes for 9 years: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC8AkCfC9_bcCvI7-sixkLJg/videos   Also check out Ella Dawson if you haven't yet seen her videos or website. Cheers:)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.