World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
atma

Itching and Burning for 2+ months...

atma

Hey all,

I tested positive for HSV2 in January with an igG level of 10.4. Started Valtrex supp. treatment a few weeks later. The problem is once I was diagnosed, the itching and burning began. It is still here today, 2 months later. It is everyday and is only relieved when I lay down and do nothing. I have not had any visible outbreaks and have only found one similar case online. With such a high igG count, I assume I have had it for a while. The last partner I had was a month or so before I was tested.

Any ideas why the burning and itching is constant and still around for 2 months (jock area)......I swear it was psychological but dont have a clue. Gonna revisit the doc/clinic and follow-up.....

I am a rookie here and coming up to speed on H and how to deal with it..... but just a break in this feeling would be great......

My diet is clean and has been for a while and exercise 5 days a week for the past decade plus. Stress.. well that is part of life.......

Thanks all.....for providing personal experiences and knowledge.....

-atma

OhmyGosh

It's probably all psychological. I kept thinking I was gonna have another outbreak after the first. My mind played tricks on me I even went to the dr to get checked and NADA!! Nothing!! It could just be your nerves readjusting from the previous outbreak. I've had this since....going on 4 months April.15thish the itchy tingly feeling has left my mind and I'm pretty normal in the mental department again. NO OUTBREAKS!!!YAY!!! only had the first one so far. Don't let things stress up you out sooo much, just don;t think about it. That's what I did. I have it I know it's there it's not going anywhere why keep focusing on it???? Good luck!!:)

Caliope

There are conditions that are not herpes and are not caused by candida that can cause isolated itching burning sensations. It is not always genital but can be.

I recommend that you see your dr. and let them tell you what is causing it. Herpes symptoms are fairly specific and you should let a professional determine if this is caused by something else.

In the meantime avoid bathing too frequently, use lukewarm water as opposed to hot, wear clothes that breathe and avoid scratching if you can. If the area is excessively dry you may want to use something that will hydrate the skin. You may also find relief from using benadryl at night.

See your dr.

Lifeislife

My x boyfriend had these symptoms before. I noticed him scratching more than the average guy over a long period of time. Jock itch ;)

It's really easy to get a little paranoid and automatically assume that a problem you are having is related to HSV. I *just* went through this, being miserable itching and whatnot. Turned out it wasn't an outbreak. I had a yeast infection. I never get them, so it never occurred to me. HSV seemed the first scapegoat for any discomfort in the nether region.

Lamosil spray works fast. Unless anyone knows of a problem using it when you have H, try it and if it doesn't clear up, see your doctor. Definately make sure you don't have any visible sores in case the medicine decides to make you feel like your privates got hit with napalm. I don't know that it would or wouldn't.

atma

Thanks all......Paranoia ..... pyscho, are all I could come up with. But with Murphy on my side, I guess it could be something else that just happened to coincide with me getting tested.... I have tried tinactin as opposed to lamosil. Never had that problem before, but there is always a first. I'll try the doc's one more time.....Don't suppose anybody has a trusted educated doc in the Dallas area?

Thanks all... atma

chay5

Well, I have been having a lot of itching and burning down there. Intensity varies but since I am getting more itchy after I take antibiotics I figured out that it must be some kind of yeast infection. The doctor prescribed me a one-time yeast infection creme and it didn't help. Herpes medication didn't help either. Finally I started trying over the counter yeast medications - and I found out that what helps me is the following: 7-day yeast infection over-the-counter treatment. It must be a 7-day treatment (1-day, 2-day or 3-day treatments do not improve anything). But I feel much better after using Mycelex for 7 days - all burning and itching goes away. You may want to try this treatment as well. Let me know if it helps. :)

Lifeislife

Hope you're talking to me Chay, because picturing a guy with a tube of monostat and boggling over the instructions is absolutely hilarious and somewhat disturbing.

I am considering your words, because the one time pill does not seem to be working. It always did in the past...but that was pre HSV.

chay5

Lifeislife,

you mean to say ATMA is a guy??? :shock:

If so, my apologies. How am I supposed to know? We should put gender info next to our nick to avoid confusion.

:neutral:

chay5

Well, and even if he is a guy, he can still use 7-day Monistat if what he has is yeast infection on the area that itches. As long as he doesn't try insert anything anywhere :D:D. - he will be fine.

atma

Yes I (atma) is a guy..........I got a good laugh out of that though. In the same thread, there are cures for jock itch and yeast infection.......Which one will I try...........

thansk for the laughs.........

Lifeislife

I'm sorry your post got hi-jacked with comedy, Atma, but I am cracking up. Poor Chay. :)

Yes, they should put gender next to the names. Otherwise some pretty weird advice might start getting spread and considering the general population....hard to say that absolutely no one would try the wrong treatment, whatever it is, even if is apparent to the rest of us.

coalminer

jock itch type problem

Try using Purell with aloe (looks light green) for a week or two. It won't aggravate H and may knock out whatever it is. In the military in the tropics guys get irritated and alcohol works. Course, they use isopropol which is not as good as Purell.

chay5
I'm sorry your post got hi-jacked with comedy, Atma, but I am cracking up. Poor Chay.

Taking into consideration what my people have been through, this is nothing and I will survive.:D:D

But unless Atma tells me he followed my advice and had good results:shock:, I am not going to recommend 7-day yeast treatment on this forum any more :evil:

Atma, it's all up to you now

Caliope

If Atma or any other forum member is actually having an external infection from yeast (candida) they can apply the miconazole cream to that area.

Whether you are male or female you can be affected by an overgrowth of yeast and often men are infected when their partner is experiencing problems with yeast. It is particularly common following any round of antibiotics because they throw off that delicate balance in your body.

I'd also note that some itching and burning can be caused by other things. If you are not having actual ob's of herpes blisters, sores etc. try using an otc treatment that contains hydrocortisone or try taking an antihistimine like benadryl it may do the trick.

I also recommend cool baths with Aveeno Active Naturals Colloidal Oatmeal Bath Powder. It can sooth dry itchy skin and calm down the burning.