World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
AirRival

HSV 1 and Oral Sex

Advertisement
0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Unsure if you have an STD? Get tested privately here.

AirRival

I recently got HSV 1 from my boyfriend. He has cold sores and I have it genitally- so is oral sex ok since I don't have cold sores and he doesn't have it genitally? Assuming he's had it for over a year is unprotected vaginal sex still out of the question? I'm worried about spreading it another part of him.

OhmyGosh

WOW same thing happened to me, but he isn't my boyfriend anymore. well what i have heard is that it is still possible to spread to other areas,but not likely. since ya'll have the same strain you should be ok. but still take precautions, because you don't want it on your mouth and i'm sure he doesn't want it on is manly area.

Dani333

We should have our own little club. I always wondered how many other people were in my same shoes.

My poor boyfriend, he was so upset that he accidentally gave this to me, and there of all places (he didn't know it could happen like that and he didn't have any oral sores when he transmitted it to me).

Luckily i don't have to give up my favorite dirty deed because of this, with him at least (since he already has it orally).

GeminiGirl
We should have our own little club. I always wondered how many other people were in my same shoes.

I'm in the club! :)

Same thing -- bf didn't have any sores when he gave it to me (and I don't think he knew he could -- hadn't had an ob in years).

I did get kind of tired giving him oral for a month while I was healing, though!

marriedwchildren

Hsv1 and oral Sex

Hey all,

I am to in the same club( I may be the Oldest);-), but I still walk with the same shoes as you all.:-). i got ghsv1 from my hubby of 24 years, he had cold sores since a child and i was Never exposed to either herpes virus. 1 or 2. this past year Oct, Nov, Dec he had many ob and we tried to be careful, the last one in December was completely healed and so 8 days after we had oral sex and 3 days later I had my primary outbreak. I never would of guessed it could happen to me, being a virgin when I married and neither of us cheating on each other. But it is what it is and I have realized that this is a virus of oppurtunity and not because I or we did anything wrong. It has been hard some days but I know time will be my friend and it will get better. i am 43 and do not want this pesky little virus to control the rest of my life. I have to look to my future. As we all do! Take care and keep your head held high.

Dani333

HAHAHA. I love it, not the virus of course, but the fact that there are others just like me, who got it the same way, as crazy as it seems.

When i was telling my closest friend about it, i couldn't help but laugh, i said something along the lines of "I have oral herpes....on my vagina!!!"

LOL

Doing some research on HSV1 this weekend i found something interesting, I dont know how acurate it is but, the source seemed reliable:

Did you know that HSV1can be spread to many differnt places? Not just oral and genital!

According to what i read the virus can reactivate on your hands(fingers), nose, ears, nipples, and even your eyes.

Strangely, I also read that there are no reported cases of HSV2 occuring anywhere but genitally.

Seems odd to me since it is touted that you are less likely to spread the HSV1 virus due to viral shedding than the HSV2. They say those with HSV2 have more Viral Shedding making it more likely for them to spread the virus.

Another thing i found interesting is the fact that even though HSV1 has less viral shedding, it is easier to spread it in the sense that the virus can remain on items (albeit breifly) such as a tube of chapstick, the lip of a cup, a straw, ect. whereas HSV2 does not, it requires direct skin to skin contact!

hmmmmm....

Ok...now i am just rambling

Here's a link to one of the websites i read alot of this at:

http://www.herpes.com/hsv1-2.html