World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
junebug100

Hypnosis?

junebug100

Has anyone tried the hypnosis cd's? Did they work? I think the mind is a very powerul tool but very skeptical of this technique.

Lifeislife

I used a hypnosis tape (yes, a cassette tape) like 15 years ago. I was also skeptical. It was one based on reducing stress and it worked. It was not even in question it worked. Certain qeus (sp?) caused me to cry when visualizing letting troubles pour out and away. It was very strange and a little scary when it was done because you don't actually feel like you are controlling how you are reacting. As if you are watching it from a third person perspective. You know you could step in at some point and control things, but you don't do it.

It was super cool. Though some people simply cannot be hypnotized and others fall into it fast and easy.

Are you talking hypnosis in relation to HSV? Not sure I get what you are leaning at with it.

junebug100

Thanks for answering. I am referring to the cd's

[advertising link removed by Admin]

which claims that through hypnosis, you can suppress future outbreaks. Maybe it works and all the people who have used it have been herpes free and in turn have no need for a website like this? Hmmm... wish I knew before wasting money trying anything new. I may try it though as I am open to ANYTHING that will help. Having outbreaks every 3 months and that is with taking valtrex, lysine and red marine alsgae daily! I'm one of the "blessed" chronic sufferers. Just learned about balancing the ph levels so going to try that too. Will let you know if I try and it works.

eatyourveggies

The acid/alkaline balance and changing your diet is the utmost important thing to do to help prevent OBs. And you will feel great (how fast depends on how polluted you are and how much you have to detox).

I'd love to know how the hypnosis goes though!

junebug100

I am definitely trying the ph balance diet/detox. I bought ph strips and my acid level is high. Got a book on balancing ph and am now going to buy a ph detox kit. I still haven't ruled out the hypnosis though! Will let you know. Not that I would ever choose this or wish it on anyone, but I'm starting to wonder if I got herpes so that I would start taking better care of myself! Maybe there is a silver lining to this afterall.....

jackocean

Hypnosis

Hypnosis is natural relax state of mind. Hypnosis is physically, mentally, and emotionally relaxing state of body. Hypnosis doesn't mean sleep, but a state where body is almost at sleep state and mind is completely active

Our brain operates on four different states. These four states of mind determined by the frequency of the electricity (Brain waves) generated by the exchange of chemicals in the neural pathways.

Hypnosis has been around for centuries & is very affective for all manner of issues.

Self hypnosis techniques can be learnt quite easily, pop into my group & ask, visit Amazon - they have good selection of books.

Hypnosis is a natural state, so it is not something that your subconscious mind will find alien.

Visiting a hypnothrapist would probably be more beneficial, either for instruction or for formal hypnosis.

As you have anger issues at present, you may benefit from learning how to simply relax the body in the first instance.

All About Hypnosis

Video Tips

Learn Hypnosis