World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Rocca

Just saying hello

Rocca

Hi there...

Just found this site. My name is Rocca (on this site), a name given to me by a fellow worker with a sense of humor. He knows I use this great conditioner called Ojan (a nut paste from South America), and when using the blow dryer my hair puffs up like some Rocka-Billy guitarist...LOL, hence....Rocca! :p

Well, unfortunately for his vision I'm a jazz nut so he's got the music thang right but the format wrong. Oh well, he means well, and being a kid from the 60's I'm glad to have hair at all. Just good genes, so that's the Rocca story. Now, I've had H for some 29 years, picked it up from a Peruvian lady I meant in the Bay Area. I don't feel too worked up about the issue these days having lived with it for so long, but I certainly feel very, very, sorry for those who have just contacted their first experience. My heart goes out to you.

I'm a Christian first but certainly understand how many either hate God or ignore Him after having contracted this disease. I WILL NOT preach to you, as that is a personal decision I made, and you must find your own faith, or other direction from within your self. I'v made peace with God regarding my

"affliction". I'd be more than happy to discuss that with those WHO ASK. On a lighter note I love jazz, it's my 2nd love. I've played as a younger fellow with a few groups as a percussionist (though this was just a hobby). I was never a perfessional. I enjoy hiking, kyaking, and read voraciously. My favorite radio for socio/political is either Michael Savage because he is dead on with my view of the world, or Paul McQuire for his "religious" commentary. I hate to use the word, "religion" as Jesus was anti-religion, pro-mankind.

I came here to hear & see what others are doing these days within the circle of H experiencers. I thought it be nice to relate to those with H and at the very least give some encouragement to those in pain from this disease. ;)

Shayna

Hi and welcome to the forum!

It's nice to hear some sage advice regarding how to live well with hsv.

The forum has some great sections, for all interests, and even one specifically dedicated to religion. They have it pretty well covered.

You have some great interests! It looks like you lead a full and interesting life.

Lifeislife

Good to have you. I actually found this forum while looking up some info that I could print out for my new guy as he does not have a computer. While I have come to terms with having this (it's been 3 years), I wanted to be able to provide what wisdom I had, especially when it comes to "the talk" and coping with the emotional hit.

A veteran to this like you is a boon to those who worry about being able to live a normal life after being diagnosed. I am sure your words will help many.

Welcome.

Lady Bug

Welcome aboard. I'm new here but not to herpes. I haven't logged in as many years as you but I am a close second. Not a badge of honour just to let people know you can have a life even if it includes herpes.

Rocca

Thanks for the return hello's

Yes sirreeee, nice to say hello to my fellow inmates...once you get used to the place it really isn't that bad. Funny, back in the day -->1979, when my uninvited friend showed up nobody had a clue. No sites for dating like today, no support groups existed,......... nadddddaaaa. It was L-lysine and tequila that supported me. ;) And, unlike today where probably 25% of male/females have std's (mainly H - I suspect) I felt pretty alone.

I was very respectful of my health and when ever I felt the feeling coming on I did not sleep with anyone. I can honestly say... once I understood the symtoms and the time frame of the issues involved I dated readily and have never given H to anyone (anyone who was willing to tell me at least).

I went on to have a girlfriend of 6 years, a marriage of 10 and a 2nd marriage which recently ended because of the death of my step-son and the incredible damage such a thing did to the psychi of his mother (my wife who I recently separated from over her mental deterioration).

Otherwise I would still be married, (and still hope with Gods help she stops self medicating on perscription drugs/alcohol) and heals by more spiritual options.

OK, enough of that...again, thanks for the hello's. I'll visit to site and see what is being discussed. Nice to have meant you folks. I'll leave you with my simple prayer....

May the current administrations "created recession" not entomb us all.

And you thought I was gonna get religious on ya....LOL.

God Bless...<---there you go!:p

Lady Bug

Boy can I relate to some of your statements.

[sorry to hear about the recent family crisis]

It was not easy having this back then was it? Not that it's easy now but there was no support and heaven forbid the secret get out. Not too many people knew about it, including the doctors. I could tell you stories!! lol

andy4evabreen

hey

ive just found this site 2 if any1 would like 2 talk 2 me my name is jo and im 17 add me on msn [email removed by Admin]