World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
HG08

Scared to death of his reaction

Advertisement
0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Unsure if you have an STD? Get tested privately here.

HG08

I've only had Herpes for about 2 months now and I've met this guy. Already I can tell that I like him. He's funny and sweet, and is always there for me. He asked to be in a committed relationship but I'm so scared that he won't accept the fact that I have herpes. I don't know what to do. I know if he doesn't accept it then it wasn't meant to be, but I'm not ready for that rejection.

Help me! What should I do? I have to tell him, there's no doubt about that, but when. He has started talking about us having sex and I wanted to tell him then but couldn't bring myself to tell him. Plus we were talking on the phone and I don't want to tell him that way. Please help!

girl71

He wants to be in a committed relationship with you, so that's a very good start.

You must tell him before sex. Make sure it's not literally before either. Try to do it face to face (something I have not been able to bring myself to and end up emailing them). Face to face, as others have pointed out to me is better because you can definitely gauge their reaction better and be on hand with the facts.

I have a feeling things will be fine here. Tell him when you're ready and the timing feels like you had better.

Good luck

seashell

girl71 gave some good advice. Just wanna say if he's worth it, he'll understand. Good luck!