World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
LisaT1120

Acyclovir

LisaT1120

Hi everyone. I am fairly new too this. I have been reading thru all of the posts and they are very informing. I have had herpes for awhile but I think I was in denial or too embarassed to tell my doctor. I hardly ever got outbreaks, but lately I was having them all of the time and pretty bad. My doctor put me on acyclovir 400 mg. once a day but it did not seem too help so now I am taking it twice a day. It seems too be better. My question is I also went out and got lysine. I have been taking it 3 times a day. Is this right even if I am on the suppressive therapy? I have too admit I am having more energy. That is a good thing if it is because of the vitamin. I also noticed though that I have not been hungry hardly at all. I don't feel sick just not hungry. It seems crazy but I am wondering if anyone else noticed this? I think I am just over thinking everything. :)

Lifeislife

I am also curious to know if Lysine affects anti-virals like Valtrex. Both okay or should it be one or the other?

Shayna

My doc put me on acyclovir when I was first diagnosed and my appitite was Gone-Zip-Nadda after taking it.

L-lysine is an enzyme...I'm not sure if that would boost your energy.. It seems more likely that your virus isn't as active right now and that is what is bringing your energy back. hmm

It would be good info for you to read up on L-lysine and arginine. You'll find links for that to the right of the forum page. ;)

LisaT1120

Yah, I have read all of it. It kind of confuses me though. I have always ate anything I wanted and never really had bad ob's until now.

Also, I read some where it says too stay away from nuts and then read somewhere else that you should eat them. So many of the foods listed are in everything almost. Like wheat bread?? I am not suppose too eat sandwiches? Very confusing??

LisaT1120

My doc put me on acyclovir when I was first diagnosed and my appitite was Gone-Zip-Nadda after taking it.

Well, maybe on the upside of all of this I can lose those last 10 pounds!!