World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
catdog

URGENT! herpes or not?

catdog

my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex and I had a yeast infection, but didn't know I did, I found out I had one the next day, couple days later my boyfriends penis became dry, slight itchy but not really, couple days later he had flakey skin from being dry and a blister right before the head of his penis, it popped the flakey skin fell off, now where the blister was looks like small cuts.. could this be from my yeast infection?? and is it herpes? I do not have herpes, and I am the only person he's been with.

Caliope

Symptoms of herpes can manifest like a yeast infection. It is not necessary to have classic symptoms to have herpes. Many people have herpes and do not know it.

You can acquire a genital infection from someone simply performing oral sex on you if they carry the virus or have ever suffered from coldsores or fever blisters. You do not need to have sexual intercourse to be infected with genital herpes.

To get a diagnosis you can have a swab of sores if they are present (should be in the first 48 hours) or if you have been infected in the past you can have a blood test done that tests for the presence of antibodies to the virus.

Your boyfriend should see a dr regarding the symptoms he describes and so should you.

chevyMisty

You can't get herpes from a yeast infection. You can only get herpes from herpes. But you can be a carrier or he could be and never know. I do think getting tested would be a good thing for both of you. That way you know and there is no more guessing. If you are positive you have never had herpes before (i.e. You have been tested...and recently) it's probably not herpes, but if neither of you have been tested...get tested. And soon.