World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
coronaking

Buying online?

coronaking

I was just diagnosed, today, with H.. i don't even like to say it.. i feel awful and the last thing i wanna do is go into the pharmacy to get my script filled.. so im wondering if any of you have tried buying the stuff on the internet? If so, what works and what doesn't? Also, what site did you order it from?

Help.......

chevyMisty

You shouldn't feel bad about going to the pharmacy and getting your meds. I swear that they don't care what you have. They see people with a lot less common aliments then this one. I know it feels dirty and that everyone will judge you. No one will know you have it and if you feel really bad about it you can lie and say that you are getting it filled for a sibling or something. I normally make my husband go...but that's because he gave this to me, not because I don't want them to know I have this. As for the internet thing, no Idea. I don't even know if you can. But then I have been wrong before.

helied2me

I don't have a need to buy anti-virals but your lucky in the sense that in Canada they do have a generic form of Valtrex (valacyclovir). We don't have a generic Valtrex in the states yet. They are still quite expensive but less than name brands.

If you have prescription coverage thru insurance it would be less expensive to go to the pharmacy as I don't think you can use insurance coverage when you buy on-line. If you have to pay the full price anyway then online could possibly be the least expensive route.

shockedgirl08

I can definatly understand her not wanting to go to the pharmacy and get her prescription filled.. it will have her name on it, so she cant really say its for someone else...

And will she have the oportunity to say hi i am here to pick up a prescription, and i have shingles..

its hard, not everyone wants to face the world with it.

of course, for all the pharmacy knows, it can be for cold sores. they really dont know..

One never knows if a friend we might know works there, someone from high school etc.

even if they dont care and pay no attention, the person with the virus knows and no matter what, it will feel like they notice and we are drawing attention to it, its tough to do.

chevyMisty

I can honestly say I have never had an issue with it and as for the name thing...if they don't know their name they wont know that it;s for them and not someone else.

shockedgirl08

when i pick my prescriptions up, its under my last name, and i have to sign a paper saying i am picking it up, showing its me..

chevyMisty

weird. I hardly ever go get my meds. I normally get my mom or my husband to do it. It's kinda scary that they can do that now that I think of it.

coronaking

I live in a small-er town.. don't need to run into someone from school and have a nice awkward moment. Have any of you baught online?

just4kics11

I am in the same situation.

I dont want to goto the store to get Valtrex.

Was hoping i could buy it online.

coronaking

thanks for helping guys.. those two are both too expensive. im looking for the GENERIC version (Valacyclovir) which will cost maybe 30% of that..

[advertising link removed by Admin]

helied2me

I don't know if you have a script for Valtrex or if you considered the lower priced acyclovir. These are considerably less expensive.

coronaking

Forgot to add: I dont have medical and its like 10$ per pill.. i am lookin for cheaper alternatives.

fightingback

try costco pharmacy...

http://www.costco.com/Common/Category.aspx?cat=678&eCat=BC|678

i used it when i lived in the states for acyclovir. they had competitive prices. haven't checked it in years though... good luck.

oh and by the way. i totally understand about you not wanting to ask for prescription at the pharmacy.

one can buy meds without prescription in spain... when i first moved there, i had a bunch of acyclovir i had bought from costco in the us. however, when i ran out, i had to build the courage to go to different pharmacies and ask how much acyclovir was. i essentially needed to shop around to find the cheapest price, since i was suppresive therapy.

if buying from the pharmacy makes you uncomfortable and you haven't got a choice, perhaps going to a different pharmacy (different from your usual one) might help. some place far maybe? good luck with it all. don't worry. it gets easier.