World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
coffeeandtv

Length of Outbreak?

coffeeandtv

Hello!

I've had G HSV1 for about a year and a half now... and just now experiencing my second outbreak. I could feel something going on downstairs so I went to the gyno and took the full dose of Famvir.

My outbreak was very mild - it was barely noticeable. It didn't bother me at all but I could see a small cluster of sores. The outbreak was so mild that I thought that I was over my outbreak after about a week (I thought that was a significant amount of time for the Famvir to kick it out of my system) So I made the mistake and had sex with my boyfriend which definitely upset everything down there.

Going on two weeks now... still have an outbreak... is this normal? Was it the sexual intercourse that screwed everything up?

Should I take another prescription of Famvir? Or do you only take one dose of antiviral and just wait?

Thank you!!!

OhmyGosh

I have GHSV1 also, and still have only had the first outbreak. But I have had this only 4 months....yeah i'm thinking the sex irritated it. and brought it back...ummm I'm not sure about another perscription...do whatever makes you more comfortable. If I were in your shoes I would go for another dose of antivirals...but that's just me.

marriedwchildren

As far as your outbreak goes, it is unusual for the second outbreak to last 2 weeks, but it can happen. I to have ghsv1 and have only had it 4 months now, and I have not had another outbreak. But i do take suppressive Valtrex daily for my own peace of mind. As far as the antiviral goes I would suggest going on a second round of them and see if it kicks it n the rear. As far as some pain therapy try sitting in a epsom salt bath to comfort and help try the sores out. second as far as you rb/f is concerned do you know his herpes status? reason I ask is if he already has been exposed to the same strain you have hsv1 then it is very unlikely you can give it to him in his genital area, since he already has the antibody for the same type. Hope this helped, take care.:)

coffeeandtv

Thank you for your advice! My boyfriend already has HSV1 Orally and we use condoms anyway so he is not too worried about it. :)

marriedwchildren

Take care of yourself and keep us informed. :)