World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
blueeyes

he is so supportive!

Advertisement
0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Unsure if you have an STD? Get tested privately here.

blueeyes

i started feeling really sick and flu-like sunday night.i was staying with my boyfriend and had a really hard time sleeping. i went back to school the next day and i kept getting worse. i found a bump on my vagina and was having discomfort while urinating. i knew about STDs but i am a virgin so i chalked it up to razor burn (denial, i suppose). after a few days, it was getting worse and more uncomfortable. i went to the free clinic on my campus and got tested. i have herpes. surprise. i told my boyfriend, fearing the worse. he had the opposite reaction! he told me he loved me still and that we'll "get through this together". it is extremely uncomfortable and painful. but we're trying to educate ourselves about herpes and keep him clean, while trying to clear up my outbreak and lessen my pain.

i am confused, scared, and in pain. if anyone has any information, suggestions, or touching stories to share-i'd be more than glad to hear them.

Lifeislife

I hope your boyfriend intends to get tested as well. The best I can tell you is that it will all be okay. As time goes on, it gets easier to manage for most everyone. Eventually it is just a nuisance.

I live a normal life. I have a boyfriend who is HSV free, but fearless about it. It never changed a thing when I told him about it. Bless him.

I don't really ever have full outbreaks since the first one three years ago. So really it is just a presence most of the time.

I am glad your boyfriend is understanding and supportive :)

blueeyes

that's really good to hear. we haven't had sex...do you think he still needs to get tested?

keepingthefaith

Did you ever figure out how you got it then, if you have not had intercourse? Oral to vaginal transmission?

ginnyp

If you have had oral sex with your boyfriend he should definitely get tested, that could be how you got it. :)

blueeyes

I can only assume it was oral to vaginal. He's the only person that's ever ge down on me. And he gets cold sores. So...I am under the impression that's how it was transmitted. I mean, my options are pretty limited. Haha.

ginnyp

Yup, it does sound like the oral got ya. It is most probably HSV1, since he gets cold sores, and that means that you will hopefully have fewer obs and less severe. (Although I have HSV2 and have only had one full ob.) It varies for each individual. Here's hoping yours will be minimal! Keep smiling. :)